Possible to keep Kupp, Woods & OJB for next year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He needs to learn to control his body and get into a position to fight for and win those 50/50 balls.
That's the thing though. VJ just doesn't have that gift. He's a faster, far more polished Josh Reynolds. A body catcher who is only as effective as the accuracy of the pass and how tight the coverage is. He could get better in other ways, but these guys rarely develop more body control.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
It's more possible now imo. Cheaper one year incentive laden deal. Also, who wouldn't want to undergo their PT under the supervision of the amazing Reggie Scott. That's worth millions to begin with.

Psycho_X

Legend
That's the thing though. VJ just doesn't have that gift. He's a faster, far more polished Josh Reynolds. A body catcher who is only as effective as the accuracy of the pass and how tight the coverage is. He could get better in other ways, but these guys rarely develop more body control.
Yeah I've been disappointed in VJ's progress this year. That interception in endzone had some flashbacks of Brian Quick to me. Just seemed like VJ had a chance to compete for that ball or at least become a defender. This season it's seemed like if the ball wasn't a perfect pass he didn't make much of an effort to go get it. Not always possible but there's been some head scratches throughout season at times.

I hope Harris can learn to be an aggressive pass catcher. That's what OBJ is and it showed with Stafford going to him all the time. Stafford needs aggressive pass catchers for his aggressive style. We need another.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’ve seen lots of people saying to trade Woods to sign O’dell. The Rams would have to eat a bit of Woods contract to trade him, especially injured.

But we’ve seen it and read quotes from players all saying that Woods is the heart and soul of the team, included in that was McVay. So I don’t think the Rams would want to trade Woods when he is so valued to the team and with what he does on the offense.

Maybe Odell sticks to what he said and is willing to take a discount. At this point in his career he is not a number 1 receiver who can carry a team despite being the focus of DC’s.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
i have a feeling the acl injury makes it a lock OBJ is back. loves LA, so why not rehab here and be somewhere he loves and not have to rush back. probably sign him to a near vet min deal with playoff incentives so he can earn money when hes healthy and then get himself a real deal next year, hopefully with rams

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
Edit: I get a sense Van is not going to develop into something beyond a nice 3rd receiver.
Im not overly impressed with Jefferson, he doesn’t attack the ball and i don’t remember him high pointing any catch all year. He has done some good things and i appreciate his efforts. I think he is avg to good at best.

MachS

Hall of Fame
No I'm with you Mojo, I dont think he'll develop to be anything more than a complementary backup. I dont think that skill can be taught, you either have it or you dont and remember he's turning 26 in a few months already. Who knows though crazier things have happened I'm trying to stay optimistic with him, but last night proved to me a lot about Van and Skrow. In a half of football where both were getting man coverage almost exclusively, neither could win on a route and make a play. It was Brycen Hopkins who came through.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Torn ACL. Sign a one year deal - let him rehab with us - and hope he is ready to contribute by mid season?

It’s the same knee - there is a chance he never is the same. But I’d bring him back. And Kupp and Woods certainly aren’t going anywhere.

Then we hope that Van, Skow, Tutu develop further.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Also, with his girlfriend being from LA and now they will soon have a baby boy - does anyone think he’s going to leave the area? Rehab at home. TC at home. Games at home.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah and it's unlikely for a receiver to suddenly grow into being more aggressive with the ball. Some guys are just ballers. But I'm sure they try to bring that out of him and who knows maybe he improves there. He'd be fine with a more safe QB but with Stafford those elements are really magnified.

Stafford's that QB who will put the ball on you and surprise you. I don't think any of these guys can relax on any snap because the ball might be coming their way.

Skow's poor night I'll overlook because he was a rookie but he also has to work on those hands. Last two games we really felt his draft status and inability to challenge coverages so he's gonna be a depth/teams/fullback type piece and will be valuable in this offense in those roles.

Harris moving to WR makes things interesting. He's not a great route runner first off. But he's got size, you can highpoint him very easily with his athleticism on top of that, he just needs to work his ass off on focusing the ball in IMO. He does fit though, going forward.

The piece who looks like a misfit toy is Tutu. Not to bag on the dude but not only was he a disappointment in his work ethic per McVay but he also doesn't really complement 9.

We might see some moves made with the WR roster this offseason. I know dealing Tutu isn't a good idea when you're selling low but it might happen if they decide to start that adjustment towards bigger targets.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, we'll see what the market bears. Just a real unfortunate turn of events tht's for sure.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I’ve seen lots of people saying to trade Woods to sign O’dell. The Rams would have to eat a bit of Woods contract to trade him, especially injured.

But we’ve seen it and read quotes from players all saying that Woods is the heart and soul of the team, included in that was McVay. So I don’t think the Rams would want to trade Woods when he is so valued to the team and with what he does on the offense.

Maybe Odell sticks to what he said and is willing to take a discount. At this point in his career he is not a number 1 receiver who can carry a team despite being the focus of DC’s.

Yeah, I was the poster that speculated on trading Woods & a good chunk of his CAP with a healthy OBj now on-board, but a serious injury dampens those thoughts, so it's back to the drawing board.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wonder if we can just sign OBJ for close to the vet minimum. What other team would be willing to sign a guy who tore his ACL for a second time?