Possible Scenario. What's your input?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
If we can somehow get into bye week at 5-4, do you trade a 2nd rounder for Bowe, with an addition of a long term contract ? How about a 1st rounder ?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Re: Possible Scenario. What's your input?

WestsideRamsfan said:
If we can somehow get into bye week at 5-4, do you trade a 2nd rounder for Bowe, with an addition of a long term contract ? How about a 1st rounder ?
First off, our Bye comes after Week 8. I'm still holding out for 5-3.

Second, we gave up a 5th last year for Lloyd; similar type of big-play WR. I wouldn't give up more than that. That is, if I considered Bowe an option, which I don't.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Ram Quixote said:
WestsideRamsfan said:

Second, we gave up a 5th last year for Lloyd; similar type of big-play WR. I wouldn't give up more than that. That is, if I considered Bowe an option, which I don't.
Why don't you consider him an option?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry. I meant 5-3. Oops. So, you would rather risk a first rounder on a WR that may take years to develop and may not even pan out ? Hmmmmm.

Lesson

Oh, really?

Ram Quixote said:
WestsideRamsfan said:

Look at Bowe's production with subpar QB level. He is also younger than Lloyd.

We have to remember that building a team is done through the draft AND free agency. Bowe for a 2nd rounder would be a good deal that we can also afford, being that we have 2 first round picks next year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Lesson said:
Ram Quixote said:
WestsideRamsfan said:

Look at Bowe's production with subpar QB level. He is also younger than Lloyd.
That's what I'm saying, he's still young, a proven 1000 yard receiver, and would clearly be the best receiver on our team as soon as he touched the field.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

DR RAM said:
Ram Quixote said:
WestsideRamsfan said:

Why don't you consider him an option?
I don't think Snead/Fisher want to give up draft picks at this time, even a 5th. Not while they're still invested in Quick's development this year. They could prove me wrong.

If Bowe wants out of KC so badly, and he fits Fisher's intentions, we can pick him up in March.

Picking him up after the season would mean that we would have to compete with a boat load of teams for his service. No chance. Plus, if we are 5-3, we should be thinking about playoffs.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

WestsideRamsfan said:
Picking him up after the season would mean that we would have to compete with a boat load of teams for his service. No chance. Plus, if we are 5-3, we should be thinking about playoffs.

No first of all he's on a franchise tag, so his pay is enormous,second you can't negotiate now because of the franchise tag, third ,IF we get to 5-3 after this part of the schedule without Bowe, we don't need him.
Say No 2 Bowe.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

WestsideRamsfan said:
Hardly. FAs will want to come here. If they don't (re: looking for a big, cap-killing payday), we don't want them here.

We'll have just as much chance to sign Bowe as the other 31 teams.

bluecoconuts

Legend

KC would hold out for a first rounder from us because they know we have two. I would be shocked if they would settle for less than that simply because if they got less they'd probably have the fans ready to rip their throats out.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Bowe is definitely a talent and better than what we have but like has been said, if the Rams get to 5-3, why do we need him? Obviously, in that scenario, somebody has stepped up big time. And Amendola may well be back by that time to shore up the position. I kinda like the idea of going into the next two drafts pretty damn flush with picks. And FAs will wont to come here as this team rises. The Rams could be sitting pretty for the future with a 5-3 start.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

bluecoconuts said:
KC would hold out for a first rounder from us because they know we have two. I would be shocked if they would settle for less than that simply because if they got less they'd probably have the fans ready to rip their throats out.

Is he unrestricted next year? If so, I wouldn't be so shocked unless they worked out an extension.