Positives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Let's talk about what is going right so far

Brian Quick looks good - in your face, many of you.

Aaron Donald is Aaron Donald. The best defensive player in the world plays for our team.

Our pass blocking has been good. The pocket hasn't been the problem.

We have wins against Sea and Az already under our belt!!

Bennie Cunningham is quietly crushing the opportunities he gets.

When he had been in there, Quinn has looked like his old dominant self.

Goff is on the roster and gives us all hope that there is something much better for us on the other side of this tunnel.

We need to get healthier, but comparatively speaking - it's not so bad on that front. I don't want anybody to miss any games, but missing games beats the hell out of missing the season.

The NFC is wide open - the team that looks the best so far continues to lose player after player.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Paging
@LACHAMP46 :D:rolllaugh:

I debated you over the merits of Quick, hoping I was wrong and you were right. You may be right yet. I'm putting the crow in the microwave now :D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Aaron Donald is Aaron Donald. The best defensive player in the world plays for our team.

Our pass blocking has been good. The pocket hasn't been the problem.

We have wins against Sea and Az already under our belt!!

Bennie Cunningham is quietly crushing the opportunities he gets.

When he had been in there, Quinn has looked like his old dominant self.

Goff is on the roster and gives us all hope that there is something much better for us on the other side of this tunnel.

We need to get healthier, but comparatively speaking - it's not so bad on that front. I don't want anybody to miss any games, but missing games beats the hell out of missing the season.

The NFC is wide open - the team that looks the best so far continues to lose player after player.
One more "Positive" is the Fact we have EJ Gaines Back in there and he Looks Like his Old Self, which is great!!(y);):D

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WRs played the best game they've played under Fisher last week.

Psycho_X

Legend
There's always been positives with this team ever since Fisher took over. But it seems like they change week to week a lot. This team has a lot going for it if it all just came together consistently. It's constantly up and down and to extremes some times (Whiners game being the extreme low). The team isn't prepared every week. And that's on coaching. And that's what drives me crazy.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Individually, all the things listed are great! There are definitely lots of "good parts" in our car.

But I keep coming back to the same thing:
If the offense can't get out of the NFL cellar, it's gonna be a bumpy ride IMO.

We have to get past 25 MPH on offense for us to win the race!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This is a playoff team if it stays healthy even without Goff. Injuries will sink us if we have to deal with situations like last week.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the positives and hope your right . In my opinion they cannot make the playoffs with Keenum at QB . Even if they squeezed in it would be one and done when they average 15 points a game . Last week was a prime example , but if the offense perks up who knows what could happen . You can't tell me the D can hold up all year at that pace . I'm sure they get upset when they see a pick 6 .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I debated you over the merits of Quick, hoping I was wrong and you were right. You may be right yet. I'm putting the crow in the microwave now :D
Look at his skill set...not his mental stuff...forgetting plays...unsure...and just at the talent...the way he gets to the ball...the drops were/are painful, but a LOT of great wrs had/have them...Possibly because they are getting to a ball that most can't reach...Even the dive of a few weeks ago, should have caught it, yeah, but a really tough catch...the play against Pat Peterson...could he have caught it, yeah, but he was open vs Pat Peterson...and a zip throw, leading him, probably beats a top 5 cb...
I'd recommend bbq that crow...little salt...and some ghost pepper rub... @Dagonet can help you with that...LOL

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Let's add Greg the Leg, Hekker, Austin, and Britt to that list.

Tree, Barron, and Kendricks have also shown signs of brilliance.

Overall, we are light years ahead of where we once were talentwise and that has never been the issue. It comes down to, and will always come down to, our coaching and whether or not we are winning. W-I-N-N-I-N-G

C'mon Fish! Open up that offensive playbook and get the golden boy out there. Just my 2 cents...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Good advise consulting @Dagonet from @LACHAMP46 I would say: low and slow, a heavy garlic and onion red sauce, with butter and a good Cabernet to cut the gaminess. Serve over rice or noodles. Good eatin'.

I like the red wines, but they stopped liking me in my 40's (heartburn), so I think a good old fashioned beer to wash it down will work best :LOL:

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I'll hold on Quick just yet. Wait until he performs consistently and in crunch time when it's 3rd and long and he converts that consistently for 1st down or TDs.

Otherwise, when the Rams don't make the playoffs and Jeff Fisher says he does not want any 7-9, 8-8 BS, it's too early to celebrate. But the positives are trending up.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I am glad someone put this thread up. I am a glass half full kind of guy and all the complaints really overlook the positive aspect of this season and seems detached from what prior years have looked like and what the pundits had predicted. Most "experts" had the Rams winning around 6 games. At the quarter pole of the season we are half way there with a nice stretch of winnable game lined up. I get the aggravation with Goff not starting but it will happen and I would love for it to happen organically and not due to outside pressure. It seems with the success of rookie QBs playing this year that there is additional scrutiny, and dare I say doubt, into Jeff Fishers ability to groom a franchise QB.Lets be clear that Dak has a great running game he can lean on and Wentz has a better offensive group overall and a D that been playing over their heads. I truly believe if the Rams run game comes to life you will see Goff magically appear on the field sooner rather than later. 4-2 sounds great and if that is where the Rams sit on Monday morning this site will have a huge attitude adjustment IMHO!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll hold on Quick just yet. Wait until he performs consistently and in crunch time when it's 3rd and long and he converts that consistently for 1st down or TDs.

Otherwise, when the Rams don't make the playoffs and Jeff Fisher says he does not want any 7-9, 8-8 BS, it's too early to celebrate. But the positives are trending up.

Pretty high bar. Who consistently converts 3rd and long out there? Not to mention - it takes a team to complete a pass in this league.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Great thread @12intheBox . There are certainly a lot of good things happening this year. In addition to the ones you mentioned, receiver play has improved, even the play calling (outside of the red zone) has improved game to game. This team has shown the ability to adjust, (Such as the run defense against Buffalo) and make in-game adjustments.

It also has been noted: We have ON THE ROSTER exciting young players that are being groomed to step into roles, and are, as we speak, stepping into roles on this team. Josh Forrest is showing some promise at a critical time, when the team needs help at linebacker. Mike Thomas is working his way into a more prominent role through special teams. Pharoh Cooper, Tyler Higbee and Nelson Spruce are also learning the speed of the NFL game, and are future chain movers. The labels "bust" and "disappointment" get thrown around a bit recklessly.

It seems that we have more than our share of "gradual learners", which may be a reflection of coaching, or our system. But I feel good about the afore mentioned rookies, as well as our man, Jared Goff. Goff is being groomed to step in, at just the right time, and lead this team. He has all of the qualities I want to see in a quarterback. His rise will be so much sweeter, because of all the doomspeak and bleating.

As a matter of fact, our quarterback position is looking to be very strong, and I would even predict that it will be seen that way by the end of the year: Sean Mannion is growing as a quarterback, and Case Keenum, despite his arm limitations, is showing grit, and leadership, and will be an ideal backup quarterback for the next several years. I actually don't get some of the venomous attacks on Keenum. The Rams are probably going to have to make a tough choice and keep only one of these players in the next year or two. Good problem to have.

Optimism sure beats complaining.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Pretty high bar. Who consistently converts 3rd and long out there? Not to mention - it takes a team to complete a pass in this league.

Yes, it's a high bar to expect Quick to perform better. It's been five years and the expectations, especially back to L.A., are high for the team and for Quick since he was expected to be the number 1 WR for the Rams.

I like Quick to perform consistently week after week. And yes, this is a team sport and when one cog of the machine is broken, then the rest is not functioning at the highest level as what it should have been.

At the end of the season and Quick as one cog in the team can elevate the Rams to a playoff berth, I'm sure many Rams fans including me will eat crow on Quick.