Positives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BadCompany

Rookie
The positives are that the offense looks to be much better than some people thought it would be, and the defense is much worse than some people thought it would be. That's a positive because I think the defense will turn it around and play like they can, meaning that if the offense stays as good as it is we should win some games that people have pegged us to lose. Hopefully making up for these two losses that we should have won.

* Brian Quick has emerged.
* Kevin Britt played - I thought - a good game yesterday. Had some nice catches, and obviously his influence on Quick has been huge.
* Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin have yet to be fully incorporated into the offense. That's a good thing, because it means we still have room to improve. I still have high hopes for both those guys. Britt, Quick, Pettis, Kendricks and Cooke - that's five big bodies that can manhandle some secondaries, coupled with Bailey and Austin stretching the field and you have a dangerous and varied aerial attack.
* Austin Davis has been a pleasant surprise. The way he, or Schotty, have been spreading the ball around is going to be a nightmare matchup for some defensive coordinators this year.
* Austin Pettis has been clutch.
* Special teams have been excellent.
* The run defense has been better, with the exception for the tendency to give up the big play. Take away that 44 yard scramble and Murray finishes the day with 56 yards on 23 carries, or less than 3 yards a carry. Clean that up and you can say we have good run defense, which should release the hounds to go after the QB.

The big positive, to me, is that there is still room to improve. And it's not pie-in-the-sky improvement either, in that we're expecting Maurice Alexander to come in and become a Pro Bowl safety or something. No, it's guys playing to the level we KNOW they can play. Stedman and Austin for example. Maintain the momentum on the offensive side of the ball (and I don't see why they can't) and get some experience with the William's scheme and we should be a very entertaining team to watch, a team that is going to scare some of the very good teams we got coming up against us. I don't know if we are going to make the playoffs - losing your offensive AND defensive leaders in Bradford and Long is a lot for a team to overcome - but I think we're going to be proud of this team by the end of the year.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Stacy and the rest of the backs played great. Watts looks like a fully capable back. Once Mason comes around, we will have good RB's.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm not feeling all positive and warm but I have to say that I am very impressed with Austin Davis. More than anything else I'm impressed with how cool he has been.

It seems that he and Shotty are a good match. I mean--that's a weird thing but maybe the OC and QB need to be a match because I'm complaining less about the play calls. But yes--I wish Stacy would have had more carries.

I think the offensive line (other than Wells flub) played better and the linebackers played better.

goldenram

UDFA
AD......like a shot of Adrenaline to this team.....we need a guy that the team can say...thats our guy

THIS^^^^
AD is definitely "That Guy". He is a great Team Leader that all the guys will rally around. Brings out the best in other players.

jjab360

Legend
THIS^^^^
AD is definitely "That Guy". He is a great Team Leader that all the guys will rally around. Brings out the best in other players.
jared-cook-shoves-austin-davis.gif

;)

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'm willing to forgive Cook for that.

He probably played his 2nd best game for this team since he signed here and pulled himself together after that dropped pass. How pissed were you guys watching the game unfold and we don't really have a stake in it. This dude is paid to perform and get results. He was pissed and it got the better of him unfortunately.

On the positives, the play calling impressed me, the line impressed me as well.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I thought Jenkins looked very good, and more impressive than his play was his maturity. When he got that PI on Bryant he didn't sit there trying to talk smack like he would've in years past. He knew he screwed up, shut his mouth, and pointed him back to the LOS and basically saying let's try it again.

Also, Brian Quick is a weapon. He came ridiculously close to making one of the best catches I've ever seen on the illegal contract call on Mo Claiborne for what would've been a TD, and for him to even get a hand on the overthrow on the last INT showed some rare ability. He's been the highlight of the season so far if you ask me. I had lost faith that Quick was ever going to be more than a JAG at best, but he looks like he can be special.

Schottenheimer called a great game. For once it's nice to feel like we have weapons. Straighten out that defense and this season is still going to be interesting.

Last edited:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I thought Jenkins looked very good, and more impressive than his play was his maturity. When he got that PI on Bryant he didn't sit there trying to talk smack like he would've in years past. He knew he screwed up, shut his mouth, and pointed him back to the LOS and basically saying let's try it again.

I guess I imagined that exchange differently :LOL:, but otherwise I liked his game yesterday too.

fearsomefour

Legend
Lets not forget Cook once again melding amazing athletic ability with performance on the field on his TD catch.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm just going to mostly say the same positives as most people.

A couple I've either not seen or just missed.

Austin Pettis just keeps coming thru when we need it. I was a fan of the move to take T. Austin in the draft, but MAYBE, just maybe, we are a better offense without trying to force feed plays into him.
Heard Westbrooks name called on a good play, but didn't get to see what he did due to giving up my cable and not having a DVR. Saves money, but sucks for football rewinds.
Barksdale solid game again.
Hayes regaining his fire.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Austin Davis was impressive. I love his enthusiasm too. Haven't seen that out of a QB here for a long time. I remember the days of Bulger when you couldn't tell if he threw a TD or a pick. Jenkins had a great pick six (which I predicted in the prediction thread last week!) - but he's got to do a better job of turning around on the deep balls. He could've probably had a 2nd pick if he would've turned around on that pass interference call. Quick has emerged. I love it. He's going to be a huge weapon for us.

I also loved the William Hayes stood up for his teammate on the sideline. That was great to see.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I was a fan of the move to take T. Austin in the draft, but MAYBE, just maybe, we are a better offense without trying to force feed plays into him.
I won't lie, I wasn't a fan of the Tavon Austin pick, but I am an absolute homer for this team, so ever since it was made, I've been envisioning ways that he could make a big impact for us.

Now, I'm not giving up on him, but at this point, I would rather see Austin Pettis in the slot, especially in the red zone.

I'm certainly no coach, but even I could see that they were trying to force the issue of featuring the rookie to justify the pick.

Not at all giving up on him at all, but like Quick, he may not have an immediate impact on this team, and there's nothing wrong with that.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Is it just me or is Chase Reynolds involved in something positive in just about every special teams play? I always see him around the action.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Austin Pettis continues to come through in the most clutch moments.

Really the whole team looked great the first half. I mean we were stopping the run great and doing everything right, then the second half just starting going downhill. Gotta learn to not let off.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Looking at the game, on paper, I Pleased with a few things!

* Davis was 30 of 42 for 327 and a QBR of 98.0 that Great for his Second start!
* Take away Romo's 1 68 yrd pass and he was only 17 of 22 for 149 yrds. Not good!
* We had 30 carries for 121 yrds / Dallas had 29 for 123 yrds, NO Murray effect their!
* We were ROBBERD OF A SACK, But Dallas never got to Davis either!
* We got a DEFENSIVE TD!!!!!!
* Up to the point when we were at 21-0 I thought we were Playing Lights-Out Football, and I was proud of the way our team was playing, I couldn't contain myself!! This is the feeling I want back, STARTING IN PHILLY!!
keep the faith my Ram Brothers, We will come back stronger than ever. this was a learning moment!!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Eugene Sims was good as well thinking about it - not just on the sack that got called back for that ridiculous flag.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
This thread has got me so happy, I'm going to rewatch the game right up until the first INT, then I'll turn it off!

Athos

Legend
The only thing that wasn't a positive was the defense. That's both encouraging and frightening at the same time.

I honestly can't say anything negative other than running those end arounds with guys who aren't quick.

If you don't have Tavon to use for those plays, you either use Bailey or you take them out of the playbook.