Positives going forward

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i really like the look of cam akers. hoping he gets a chunk of carries after the bye.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

i really like the look of cam akers. hoping he gets a chunk of carries after the bye.

Henderson has been so good and Brown has been strong for us for years... it's hard to get a rookie more snaps when the vets at his position are getting it done but I agree, Akers needs to be featured.

Tano

Legend
What do people think of using Webster as our speedster WR on some plays?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We're at 17.7 ppg allowed now. Haven't seen a scoring defense this good for a long time, think 2001 was the last time we were this low just going off memory.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hendo had thigh injury and was out for 2nd half
I didn’t hear that. I could only stream play by play. Living in Colorado I was graced with the Raiders vs Browns game.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Our WRs are very strong. We could use a burner to stretch the field, or a big WR that can go up for a jump ball, but Kupp/Woods/Jefferson is a strong trio going forward.

I agree, Goff desperately needs a guy that he can trust to go up and constantly win 50/50 balls. Reynolds sucks at it and Woods/Kupp aren't those types of WRs.

TexasRam

Legend
This loss is squarely on McVay. Love him but he’s so fuckin stubborn. RUN THE BALL.

I usually back him up on his let's call it "Liberal use" of the passing game.

But in this game with a constant zero blitz you have to run it and let the waters calm down. There is zero chance Miami can beat us without a bunch of fluke drops, batted passes and special teams woes.

The short term pain is worth the long term gain. We will have a plan in the playoffs.

Who's going to beat us? Seattle? HAHAHAHA! Please. Green Bay who lost to Minnesota? The Bears? The Eagles?

We are the team to beat in the NFC despite what you read. What matters is who's healthy and playing ball in December.

Our competition is Tampa Bay.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No probably about it. We spotted them 14 points.

The D was outstanding today. They scored 28. 7 on a Fumble recovery Scoop and score, 7 on a punt return, 7 after getting a fumble recovery at the 1 yard line, and 7 after an interception taken back to the 20. Miami had something like 158 yards.

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO the biggest positive is that Staley has stopped using his soft zone scheme as his base. Why am I so anti-zone based scheme? Just look at the Chargers that use zone as their base. They have held leads of 16 points or more in the last four games and have lost them all. In one game they were up 21 points and lost. Zone is simply too easy for a good QB to read and rip apart. Staley appears to have moved to more of a hybrid scheme which he has begun to play aggressively. Staley was probably forced to make the change by McVay and to his credit, he not only did but has come up with a pretty good scheme so far. But like all schemes, it needs tweaking each week to apply to each team they play. You simply can't be successful long term by rolling out the same scheme week after week.

McVay's offense is becoming stale because all the teams have seen it enough they are beginning to understand how to counter it. What is really apparent when you break down the plays is that this offense needs a real lead blocker on his run plays. The RBs are having to break too many tackles too early. As good as Edwards has been he's struggled many times on that jet sweep handoff. Part of the problem is what I've been saying is that they simply need to block that outside zone the same as they block it when it's a handoff to a RB. Teams are beginning to recognize it.

McVay is crappy at in-game adjustments but he's very good at scheming a gameplan each week. He simply needs to do more, to change it up more. All these things I'm saying aren't anything hard to adjust. Coming off the bye week they would have had the time to change things up on the offense. Staley will have had time to work in more wrinkles to his scheme.

I mean it when I say if they can get both the offense and defense in sync playing with high energy and creativity by the coaches this team can be far better than the 2018 version. They have superior talent across the board compared to that team. Ramsey and Williams are far and away better boundary CBs than Peters and an aging Talib.

This is a young roster so they aren't close to being the team that they can be. The Rams are simply too good not to make the playoffs this year and when they do they are capable of beating anyone as long as both the offense and defense are dialed in and they play a clean game. Today proved the greatest impediment to the Rams is their own mistakes.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Lol even positive topics are infected by the negatinos, most of whom deceided to post today after 4:30

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
I agree with almost all these posts. Goff is a fine QB. He'll work with McVay, the OC and his line as well as his receivers and we'll be just fine. You know what I did immediately after the game: Whipped out the old 12-string guitar and started singing the first song that came to mind: "Down in the Valley." I sang it for Goff adding a couple of verses I learned from a very old Pete Seeger record and made up one about Goff. Made me feel better anyway after a disheartening and disappointing loss. As I live just a stone's throw from CLU where the Rams practice maybe he'll hear me. Go Rams.

Build Me a Castle forty feet high
So Goff can hear me
And sit down and Cry.

Down in the Valley
The valley so low
Hang your head over
Hear the wind blow

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Games like Sunday remind me the other team always comes to play, and some days are not your day.

What a weird game, seriously... Just look at the stat line. So... chalk it up to that.

The positives;
  1. No rest for getting better. A loss exposes opportunity and the goal is to be at peak by playoff time. The offense is not quite where it needs to be... we still have some runway ahead to work on it.
  2. Seattle is up next. Win there... and we’re suddenly back in the conversation among the best. One game swings the conversation - like that.
We’re 5-3 at the bye. Mostly healthy.

Our goal remains well within reach. If your idea of fun is being in the mix every year, we are also on track. (y)

Woo! Go Rams!

Zodi

Hall of Fame
McVay will figure out the offense. Goff will get his part right. The protection will get better. I hope we feature Akers more and more.

With all that said, this defense is mean. Period.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seattle goes to Buffalo next week, then to LA. If Buffalo takes care of business for us, we can beat Seattle to both be 6-3 and jump them in the standings.

Arizona is home for Miami and Buffalo - I suspect they will destroy Miami, but hopefully Buffalo can come in and beat them - if so we would all three be 6-3.

The Niners have GB and go to New Orleans - they are not beating the Saints - hopefully GB can beat them and effectively end their season to be 4-6 in two weeks

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bears repeating,
In 5 games since the Buffalo disaster, the defense has given up a total of 6 points in the 2nd half.
Only 26 points in the 2nd half all season
Nobody looking past them

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two of our three losses are out of conference if it comes down to tiebreakers.