Position Battles: Third OT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
DR RAM with a correction:
A stinger is being hurt..not injured. He would play if the football game was real. Just saying.
I've had them and I sure wouldn't be at 100%. Still, my song remains the same (insert Led Zeppelin song here). Moving Saffold to LT would certainly be an option. The key here is do the Rams look at Persons as the swing OT or as the emergency OT. I'm betting swing.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're saying you'd take Person over Saffold or GRob at LT?

I would not be in such a hurry to remove a starting Saffold who is starting & playing @ the top of of the pro level & insert him back in one of two posts (ORT & OLT) that Boudreau has replaced him twice in the last two years. Looks to me that would weaken the OL. Saffold does not have a good history of good play @ ORT nor has Saffold showed he can remain on the field for any period of time playing OLT.

Greg Robinson has a unbelievable upside in his future @ OLT his present skill level @ pass pro is far from where he needs to be to start. GR had one big season of his only two yrs in college, in an offense that was very basic & run dominated......I would not want remove him from a OG post where his run blocking power is used that will help raise this run offense to championship level and insert GR in a post his weakness in the pass pro is showcased.

From what I observed last night on Person's play I feel he would work well with a good working OL with Wells/Barksdale/Robinson & Saffold starting. The Ram OL has been forced over & over the last two years to start well over two dozen different OL lineups, all usually with nasty ugly results.......keeping the OL as close to the desired set five man OL as possible would be a major goal.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I would not be in such a hurry to remove a starting Saffold who is starting & playing @ the top of of the pro level & insert him back in one of two posts (ORT & OLT) that Boudreau has replaced him twice in the last two years. Looks to me that would weaken the OL. Saffold does not have a good history of good play @ ORT nor has Saffold showed he can remain on the field for any period of time playing OLT.

Greg Robinson has a unbelievable upside in his future @ OLT his present skill level @ pass pro is far from where he needs to be to start. GR had one big season of his only two yrs in college, in an offense that was very basic & run dominated......I would not want remove him from a OG post where his run blocking power is used that will help raise this run offense to championship level and insert GR in a post his weakness in the pass pro is showcased.

From what I observed last night on Person's play I feel he would work well with a good working OL with Wells/Barksdale/Robinson & Saffold starting. The Ram OL has been forced over & over the last two years to start well over two dozen different OL lineups, all usually with nasty ugly results.......keeping the OL as close to the desired set five man OL as possible would be a major goal.
Hope we can keep that goal, and if so, we'd be golden.
Thought G. Rob looked OK at LT, but no speed rush to challenge him there.