Position Battles: 4th RB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Who you got?

I think it's between Pead, Reynolds, with Watts being the dark horse. Pead's upside and potential may give him the edge, but Reynolds is a core special teams guy and that may be more important. With what Stacy, Cunningham, and Mason showed last night I think the 4th RB is a special team roster spot. We have a great trio of runners.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Pead is also a core special teams guy now, and he has offensive upside as a 3rd down back. I'd go with him over Reynolds.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pead is also a core special teams guy now, and he has offensive upside as a 3rd down back. I'd go with him over Reynolds.
We will have to get @CoachO in on this one, but I believe he said that Reynolds is on all 4 first team special teams play. I'm not sure Pead is. I think the bottom line is that 4 RB slot is more a special teams position than an additional RB spot. Pead needs to be a demon on special teams from here on out to make the team. He has much more talent than Reynolds, but talent alone can only go so far. His injury also screws him.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Pead and Reynolds both play STs - Pead probably offers more if pressed into duty on offense but Reynolds is more valuable on STs if you ask me. Throw in factors like locker room presence and I think Reynolds has a leg up.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Oh yeah? And what positional group are they shorting in order to do that?
I have no clue, but I heard as of now Pead will make the team, T Watts will not. I'm guessing maybe because he's a gunner on ST he will be needed with Baileys 4 game suspension..

FRO

Legend
I have no clue, but I heard as of now Pead will make the team, T Watts will not. I'm guessing maybe because he's a gunner on ST he will be needed with Baileys 4 game suspension..
This is quite possible, who they cutting once Bailey is back?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So Pead fans stay calm, he and Reynolds will both make the roster...

Okay Ram4life11... I got to pick on you for a second... You also posted Pead failed a recent drug test.

I'm not trying to cause trouble, but I stuck up for you on that post.

You seem to have a source. But it's not been perfectly accurate. Eh?

Ram4life11

Rookie
This is quite possible, who they cutting once Bailey is back?
Idk I didn't get that fare into the conversation to figure that out... But it's for sure Pead is Safe, unless he makes anymore bonehead decisions...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I could see a trade and Pead could be that guy dealt because the Giants and Dolphins are very thing at RB....Conditional draft choice perhaps, but who knows? Liked what I see from Mason because I wanted Andre Williams (bigger) but I could see a team making a deal for Pead otherwise the Rams could keep five as Reynolds is too good on special teams.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Okay Ram4life11... I got to pick on you for a second... You also posted Pead failed a recent drug test.

I'm not trying to cause trouble, but I stuck up for you on that post.

You seem to have a source. But it's not been perfectly accurate. Eh?
It's something that will eventually come out in the future, it's no secret about the failed drug test inside the organization, but for now my source also said he's taking a drug program class, so as of now he's safe on Ice.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I tend to agree that at least thru Bailey's suspension, they are likely to keep both. Keep in mind, last year if you include Reynolds as a RB, they kept 5. PLUS, they managed to keep 11 OL. There's a real good chance that thru the first four weeks of the season they keep only five WRs, and then make the decision based on where they are at that point injury-wise, across the board, to decide who goes when Bailey comes back.

FRO

Legend
I tend to agree that at least thru Bailey's suspension, they are likely to keep both. Keep in mind, last year if you include Reynolds as a RB, they kept 5. PLUS, they managed to keep 11 OL. There's a real good chance that thru the first four weeks of the season they keep only five WRs, and then make the decision based on where they are at that point injury-wise, across the board, to decide who goes when Bailey comes back.
That's probably accurate. This regime puts so much attention on special teams, which I'm very happy with. With Bailey out Pead would fill his role on special teams, then when Bailey comes back most likely there will be injury situations that even things out.