Poor Danario....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Danario Alexander waived/injured by Chargers

The San Diego Chargers waived/injured Danario Alexander on Friday, according to the NFL's Around The League Twitter account. Alexander can be claimed by any team at this point, but given that he is in a contract year and recently suffered a torn ACL, it wouldn't make sense for such a move to be made.

Any team that could claim Alexander would have to pay his $1.323 million salary in addition to rehab costs. Instead, it's likely that Alexander clears waivers and lands on injured reserve for the Chargers, before becoming a restricted free agent at the end of the season.

Alexander's injury was hugely disappointing for Chargers fans, because he was set to be one of the team's top pass catchers. Vincent Brown is now one of the starters, alongside Malcom Floyd, with rookie Keenan Allen vying for playing time.

Alexander was going to be the team's deep threat, and much of the discussion around practice and this preseason has been about finding a playmaker to fill that role.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/16/4629700/danario-alexander-injured-waived-san-diego-chargers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/16/4 ... o-chargers</a>

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
His career's done...and that makes me very sad. He's got Randy Moss talent, and he's one of the real good guys of the league. But to be honest, I'm surprised that he's lasted this long; he's had knee injuries since at least the very first year of his time at Mizzou.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm sad for him but at the same time I'm happy he got to play and at a high level despite the briefness. He's made a few million and is set for life if he's smart about it. I wouldn't want to have his knees for the rest of my life but that's the price of football.

iced

Psycho_X said:
I'm sad for him but at the same time I'm happy he got to play and at a high level despite the briefness. He's made a few million and is set for life if he's smart about it. I wouldn't want to have his knees for the rest of my life but that's the price of football.

If you remember fishers lecture on splitting up the $1 million pie its not very much, especially when you consider how much knee pain he will have the rest of his life

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Psycho_X said:

Something tells me that DX is going to be successful at whatever he decides to do because there isn't a gram of quit in him. He's made enough to launch some sort of venture and with his drive he will make it work.

A55VA6

Legend
The ambulance has driven onto the field for Eddie Royal. Chargers are taking a beating at the WR position..

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Poor kid. Good guy and a real fighter. Hope he does well in whatever he ends up doing.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
LesBaker said:
Psycho_X said:

Something tells me that DX is going to be successful at whatever he decides to do because there isn't a gram of quit in him. He's made enough to launch some sort of venture and with his drive he will make it work.

You are correct Les.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
At this point, I'm not going to assume his career is over. He battled back from all of those atrocious injuries before to become arguably the second or third best WR in the league the second half of last year. The kat just doesnt quit.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I'm always going to pull for DX to do well. At this point I just think he should hang them up. It is just not worth any more injuries or surgeries at this point added on to what he has already had. He can feel proud that he got to do something he loves at the highest level. Not many people get to do that. Wish him well

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The Chargers could be calling for a trade for a WR???? Isn't that ironic that the Rams are stacked enough at WR that they could expect calls from teams like the Chargers? Could we get a OL/LB from them worthy of playing time?

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
The Chargers could be calling for a trade for a WR???? Isn't that ironic that the Rams are stacked enough at WR that they could expect calls from teams like the Chargers? Could we get a OL/LB from them worthy of playing time?

:lmao:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I feel extremely bad for DA! What a good kid I rooted for but why we let him go is because of that liability and I can relate to my ticking time bomb of a shoulder that gave out in college. I got great praise but doesn't mean crap now.... He might be done now.