Pompei Draft Tweets: Erving Could Be Picked Before True OT's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Dan Pompei @danpompei
Covering the NFL for three decades.

12. I think the Bears are less predictable in this draft than they’ve been in a long time because new GM Ryan Pace is an unknown.

11. As for the rumor that the Titans are passing on Mariota and trading for Jay Cutler… Let’s be real.

10. Randy Gregory’s failed marijuana test not the only issue. Heard he recently weighed below 230 on a team visit.

9. It’s possible Cameron Erving will be drafted as a center ahead of any of the true offensive tackles.

8. The offensive tackle class may not as good as advertised. Scouts I’ve spoken with don’t see an elite OT.

7. Chances are good that Brandon Scherff is drafted to play guard. Scouts say he’s the new Zack Martin. They like him at G more than OT.

6. I don't think many teams have a feel-good about Dorial Green-Beckham. Recommend this @larsanderson71 story on him. http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/DGB/

5. Lot of buzz on Breshad Perriman, but it’s going to take guts to take him in 1st. Scouts say he didn't play as well as he worked out.

4. One veteran front office man told me this is the best WR group he’s ever seen. And this is the second straight year he’s thought that.

3. The dropoff after top 2 QBs might be a sign of things to come. Scouts tell me there isn’t much QB depth in the pipeline for coming drafts

2. Those who don't have a need/chance at Jameis remain the most skeptical.

1. The more teams get to know Jameis Winston, the more comfortable they are with him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I just saw Mayocks rankings of OTs and he had Collins, Flowers, Humphries, Peat, Clemmings, Ogbuehi. In that order. Then you see others saying Peat is the best of the bunch, some like Clemmings at the top.

There is some unusual inconsistency in Oline ratings this year. I don't always like Mayocks rankings, but I agree with his OT rankings this year. I don't like any of them at ten and Collins is my first choice at OT.

I like what the article says about Erving. I think he is better right now than all the OTs except Collins. Projecting how guys like Humphries and Flowers can develop is the big question.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wish I could see some of the team interviews with DGB to see why they aren't crazy about him. I read the linked article and it sounds like he has his priorities straight, but it doesn't fit with teams not liking I'm much. So is the story written to pull the heart strings? Is the author simply trying to sell people on DGB?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Erving over Peat, Collins, or Clemmings? Nope. He's quickly becoming a very overrated player. I mean, come on. He's not an elite center. He's not Nick Mangold, Alex Mack, or the Pouncey twins. If any of them were in this draft as prospects, they'd blow Erving out of the water. I'm still not sure that Erving could be a better center than Cann.