Poll: Who's your Favorite Rams FB of all Time!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who's your favorite Rams FB of all time!?

• Dick Hoerner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dan Towler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tank Younger

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Ollie Matson

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Dick Bass

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Les Josephson

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Jim Bertelsen

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • John Cappelletti

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Cullen Bryant

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Or other

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters

PARAM

Hall of Fame
No love for the Hammer?
View attachment 19674

Yeah that's the guy I thought of right away. James Hodgins. Punishing blocker.

Bryant and the others played in an era when fullbacks were also runners....quite often. Czonka was the prototypical fullback. Sam Rogers will not be a Larry Czonka (or Cullen Bryant). But he could be a very good weapon in this offense.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who voted for Les Josephson? Loved Les as a young RAMS fan, it's a shame the injuries piled up in the end.

les-josephson-images.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No love for the Old-Timers!?!
"Deacon Dan" Towler

Towler7.jpg
towlerlaLFB.jpg

OR Dick Hoerner!!
Hoerner2.jpg

Hoerner3.jpg

SHAME on you guy's!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That was McCutcheon, Bryant did have a rushing TD though.
Thanks T-REX!! I always get confused trying to remember that one off the top of my head!!(y):dizzy::LOL:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
As a kid I really liked the DBs. Gary Green, Pat Thomas and Rod Perry, Jerry Grey and Leroy Irvin.

Isaiah Robertson may have been my first favorite.

In the late 80's I loved Flipper . Mid 90's Toby Wright and Keith Lyle, Johnny Johnson, and of course an instant favorite as soon as he hit the field was Ike.

In the 2000's Marshall, the SJ afterward.

Presently?, Donald and hopefully some of the new receivers and Goff.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I remember Cullen returning a kickoff 90+ yards....he was a dangerous kickoff returner. Powerful runner. When they drafted Cappelltti, I thought he was gonna be good like that. Nope...That's when I started becoming interested in the draft...what made Klosterman...I think he was the GM...like John Cap so much?.....IDK...and I guess I never will.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Gotta go with Cullen Bryant.
I really love the memory of a lot of these FB's, and Cullen was Great, BUT!! He only had 1 Pro Bowl and was named All-Pro 1st Team once. Ollie Matson, My favorite went to 6 Pro Bowls and was named All-Pro 5 Times and was named to the Hall of Fame!
But God love our FB's from Hoerner to Mike Karney!! My Hope is Sam Rogers deserves to be on this list!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hey, wait a minute...We aren't even listed with those palookas?
~Roland Williams and Ernie Conwell

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I don't see how anyone can think Dick Bass was a Fullback at mebbe all of 200 lbs. He was however an excellent and elusive Running Back.

My pick goes to David Hill. Yep, I know he was technically a TE but the way John Robinson's offense operated Hill frequently led Eric into the hole and cleared the way, so, yeah, he functioned as a Fullback, imo.

BTW extra credit for anyone who remembers Dick Bass' nickname. Hint....it was based on his style of running.

~ArkyRamsFan~

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't see how anyone can think Dick Bass was a Fullback at mebbe all of 200 lbs. He was however an excellent and elusive Running Back.

My pick goes to David Hill. Yep, I know he was technically a TE but the way John Robinson's offense operated Hill frequently led Eric into the hole and cleared the way, so, yeah, he functioned as a Fullback, imo.

BTW extra credit for anyone who remembers Dick Bass' nickname. Hint....it was based on his style of running.

~ArkyRamsFan~
I suffer from C.R.A. (Can't Remember Sh__!) Please refresh my memory, What was Bass's nickname!?o_O