Poll; Tru Johnson or Janoris Jenkins!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who's Better / who do you prefer in Horns!

• JJ is better and I prefer him over Tru

Votes: 44 61.1%
  • Tru is better and prefer him over JJ

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • JJ is better but I prefer Tru

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Tru is Better But I prefer JJ

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other Opinion; (Please explain)

Votes: 13 18.1%

• Total voters

Rams43

Hall of Fame
At the time, I thought keeping TruJo over JJ was the right decision.

Hindsight has proven me wrong, however.

The Rams badly misplayed that CB decision. Then compounded the problem by being unable to extend TruJo.

Twice.

Arrrrrgh!

A55VA6

Legend
Love them both but I think Jackrabbit is better. Wish Jenkins was still a Ram.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
JJ... on the field I don't think there is much debate. I had/have concerns about him off the field, so I understand why the Rams saw things differently. But he continues to make those concerns a non issue.

Tru is very good. If he was under a normal contract, I'd be more happy. But the tag kind of pisses me off, to be honest. I'm just not sure how much is Tru, his agent, or the Rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
spilled-milk1.jpg

I'm trying

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
The Jackrabbit, and it ain't even close! Probably the biggest mistake the current front office has made was letting JJ go.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It depends on the year we are looking at. They have both had decent years and they have both had excellent years.

It's just too hard to make this kind of comparison IMO.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I really wanted the Rams to keep their 2015 secondary together and was disappointed that they couldn't. Salary cap restraints and other factors meant it wasn't in the cards. Rams took a chance on two defensive backs with troubled backgrounds and both ended up making the Rams look good, IMO. Both outplayed their rookie contracts and qualify as draft success stories. No Tye Hills here. I never thought it was important who was better. Most teams need more than one good corner.

What mattered was they were among the league's better CB tandems and complemented each other very well. The 2015 Rams had their best secondary in many years. Teams started shying away from JJ and Tru made them pay by leading the conference in INTs.

Unfortunately the Rams were unwilling to pay JJ what he was going to command on the open market and to this point it's been the same with Johnson, opting for expensive one year rentals instead. That's an organizational approach to defensive backs that needs to change in years to come.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Umm no. Aaron Donald says hi.

JJ always gave up the big plays when he was with us, it almost got to the point where he was a liability at times. TruJo was always more consistent and when he started creating more turnovers than JJ it was a no brainer.

I'm happy that JJ is doing well in NY but maybe a change of scenery was what he needed tbh.

Aaron Donald as a rookie was not the best player on the team, his sophomore season he made a very strong case for it, and he may have been, last year, no doubt.

JJ gambled because he had to gamble. His turnovers for TDs have single handily won us games. If our offense was competent, he wouldn't have felt the need to try and make a wow play every time, hence why he's now considered one of the best corners in the league and has pretty much played mistake free shutdown football.

jjab360

Legend
Aaron Donald as a rookie was not the best player on the team, his sophomore season he made a very strong case for it, and he may have been, last year, no doubt.

JJ gambled because he had to gamble. His turnovers for TDs have single handily won us games. If our offense was competent, he wouldn't have felt the need to try and make a wow play every time, hence why he's now considered one of the best corners in the league and has pretty much played mistake free shutdown football.
Aaron Donald as a rookie was the defensive rookie of the year, made the pro bowl, and just missed out on the all-pro team by one vote. Quinn is the only player who I think you could maybe argue over him that year. And every other year since then has been indisputable.

Jenkins gambled because he wanted to not because he had to. And it hurt us a lot more than it helped us.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
JJ'S last year with us and his first year in NY he has stepped it up.....Tru was absolutely fantastic in 2015.... but his game was off in 2016.... I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as sometimes your carer has ups and downs. Although I believe that in Phillip's Defense Tru may just step up into upper 5 or 6 CB'S in the league. ...He was a very good press corner coming out in the Draft and then converted to off man.... we will see how he does going back to press man. ;)

Go Rams.......... ;)

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've always been team Tru. Jenkins always took too many risk for my liking. It has obviously paid off for him and he is known as one of the best around. But he didn't get that love nationally until he went to New York. He didn't get that much better...St.Louis just didn't get national attention. I think Tru is widely regaurded as a top CB as well in this league but will less attitude....

Ram65

Legend
Jenkins

I thought the Rams could sign both and should have. Tru's injury history vs JJ's gambling style. JJ explained the gamble last year that he thought he had to make plays because the Rams offense was terrible. That make sense. You don't know what happens to a players competitiveness and dedication when they get paid the big contract money. That was a big question about JJ. He seemed to step it up after the contract. Tru's in a position to make more and more money if he stays healthy and you have to wonder if he dedicated to playing hard this year. If he is he and stays healthy he could close the gap.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Jenkins

I thought the Rams could sign both and should have. Tru's injury history vs JJ's gambling style. JJ explained the gamble last year that he thought he had to make plays because the Rams offense was terrible. That make sense. You don't know what happens to a players competitiveness and dedication when they get paid the big contract money. That was a big question about JJ. He seemed to step it up after the contract. Tru's in a position to make more and more money if he stays healthy and you have to wonder if he dedicated to playing hard this year. If he is he and stays healthy he could close the gap.

So you put Jenkins ahead due to play or lack of injury?

I see Tru and a better blanket cover man. I can't think of too many times I saw him getting burned. The injuries concern me tho quite a bit. I think based on pure talent, Jenkins wins. Based on performance, I give it to Jenkins only because of the injuries. I think if Tru could stay healthy, he outplays Jenkins.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Donald as a rookie was the defensive rookie of the year, made the pro bowl, and just missed out on the all-pro team by one vote. Quinn is the only player who I think you could maybe argue over him that year. And every other year since then has been indisputable.

Jenkins gambled because he wanted to not because he had to. And it hurt us a lot more than it helped us.

People act like he gave up a touchdown every game. Johnson be getting burned damn near every snap especially last year. At first it was dont sign Jenkins he is terrible off the field got all those baby Mommas, then it was don't sign him long term cause he the type to get paid and don't play. lol Jenkins is a football player pure and simple and one of the BEST cover guys in the NFL and probably the best defensive touchdown machine in the NFL. Give the guy his due it's ok now

Ram65

Legend
So you put Jenkins ahead due to play or lack of injury?

I see Tru and a better blanket cover man. I can't think of too many times I saw him getting burned. The injuries concern me tho quite a bit. I think based on pure talent, Jenkins wins. Based on performance, I give it to Jenkins only because of the injuries. I think if Tru could stay healthy, he outplays Jenkins.

Jenkins is ahead on playing ability. Jenkins had the harder assignments when with the Rams. He made lots of plays last year that were shown on the highlights. I watched some Giants games and saw that he stepped up his game. I hope Tru steps up his game this year. Will see how he does playing man to man defense.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Jenkins is ahead on playing ability. Jenkins had the harder assignments when with the Rams. He made lots of plays last year that were shown on the highlights. I watched some Giants games and saw that he stepped up his game. I hope Tru steps up his game this year. Will see how he does playing man to man defense.

I think many (including myself until it was pointed out) forget or didn't notice that it was Jenkins who was covering the opposing teams top WR and not Trumaine Johnson.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Jenks is a great player, but let's not act like it was a slam dunk decision to give him $60 Million. Tru is a step below Jenks as a cover guy, but makes up for it with his run support and overall ball skills. The only real issue, pointed out above, is the inability to get a long term deal done with Tru. I also don't consider Tru injury prone, his biggest injury came from friendly fire from TJ McDonald rolling him up like he did to Tree as well. Besides that it's been minor stuff that guys deal with usually.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Neither. I'd rather have Donald at whatever he's making, Ogletree at whatever he's making, Alexander, Joyner, and Gaines (whom I still think highly of), and - eventually - Goff and the third round compensatory pick.

You don't get to re-sign those players if you pay Tru and/or Janoris, and even though I like them, are they really worth gutting your team?