(Poll)The weekly Jim Thomas NFL chat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you still want to Read the Jim Thomas NFL chat each week?

• Yes

Votes: 43 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 25 24.0%

• Total voters

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
thats true, but by that way of thinking you can look up pretty much everything on here elsewhere,
True but most, and I emphasize most, other content posted from other sites spark good honest discussion/debate. I've yet to see constructive discussions come from recent JT postings they usually start arguments and fights. I'm guessing it's obvious which the admins prefer.

tonyl711

Starter
True but most, and I emphasize most, other content posted from other sites spark good honest discussion/debate. I've yet to see constructive discussions come from recent JT postings they usually start arguments and fights. I'm guessing it's obvious which the admins prefer.
not trying to be a jerk, but i honestly dont see why the people who dont like it wouldnt just skip past it, why do the people who do like his chats have to lose them just because someone else doesnt?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
not trying to be a jerk, but i honestly dont see why the people who dont like it wouldnt just skip past it, why do the people who do like his chats have to lose them just because someone else doesnt?
By not posting them here you're losing them? Again they're posted online and linked on his twitter. Not trying to be a jerk but if people really wanted to read his articles there are better places to find them. I'm sure the mods here have more than enough to deal with without posting articles that are going to cause fights and arguments. No matter if the authors are in St Louis, LA, Tokyo or wherever they may be from.

tonyl711

Starter
By not posting them here you're losing them? Again they're posted online and linked on his twitter. Not trying to be a jerk but if people really wanted to read his articles there are better places to find them. I'm sure the mods here have more than enough to deal with without posting articles that are going to cause fights and arguments. No matter if the authors are in St Louis, LA, Tokyo or wherever they may be from.
do you have to look everywhere else for the other articles on the Rams? no, this is a Rams forum so Rams articles are posted here, does everyone agree with every article? no, so what criteria should we use to ban certain articles? sounds an awful lot like censurship to me. there are posts i dont like and i scroll past them, i would never question anyone elses rights to have them posted here.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
do you have to look everywhere else for the other articles on the Rams? no, this is a Rams forum so Rams articles are posted here, does everyone agree with every article? no, so what criteria should we use to ban certain articles? sounds an awful lot like censurship to me. there are posts i dont like and i scroll past them, i would never question anyone elses rights to have them posted here.
I don't come here for all my Rams news absolutely not. But if the mods find a lot of senseless arguing, just like this, going on with a certain type of articles only then I'd understand why they would refrain from posting those types of articles. And sorry it's their board to run they post and allow to be posted what they want. If that's censorship then so be it, it's their board.

bluecoconuts

Legend

It's an NFL chat, not a Rams chat. The content is obviously still focused on the Rams, but technically it's an NFL chat for any team. In terms of censorship, it's not any different from people trying to get certain posts removed from the relocation thread before... I don't recall seeing you just simply scrolling past them instead of pointing them out and asking for both the post and the poster to be removed.

I liked the chats, but if JT wants to have a bunch of people just trashing the team, is it any shocker people don't want to see it? Personally I wont be looking at the threads anymore due to recent changes, so if they stay they stay... However I don't think they're worth the effort or time from Prime Time if JT no longer offers any inside information and most of the chats have to be edited out anyway.

tonyl711

Starter
I don't come here for all my Rams news absolutely not. But if the mods find a lot of senseless arguing, just like this, going on with a certain type of articles only then I'd understand why they would refrain from posting those types of articles. And sorry it's their board to run they post and allow to be posted what they want. If that's censorship then so be it, it's their board.
if they do stop posting his chats that will be the last time i visit this site, i would see that as a big screw you St Louis you have no voice anymore.

bluecoconuts

Legend
if they do stop posting his chats that will be the last time i visit this site, i would see that as a big screw you St Louis you have no voice anymore.

There is literally an article written by the TurfShowTimes written by a St Louis writer on the front page with good discussion in it. The idea that the mods are trying to take away the voice of St Louis by removing writers who only want to trash the team is ridiculous.

tonyl711

Starter
It's an NFL chat, not a Rams chat. The content is obviously still focused on the Rams, but technically it's an NFL chat for any team. In terms of censorship, it's not any different from people trying to get certain posts removed from the relocation thread before... I don't recall seeing you just simply scrolling past them instead of pointing them out and asking for both the post and the poster to be removed.

I liked the chats, but if JT wants to have a bunch of people just trashing the team, is it any shocker people don't want to see it? Personally I wont be looking at the threads anymore due to recent changes, so if they stay they stay... However I don't think they're worth the effort or time from Prime Time if JT no longer offers any inside information and most of the chats have to be edited out anyway.
when did i ever try to get a post or poster removed? i would point out things that i thought were wrong but i never tried to get anything removed, take the chats away i leave, its that simple, im not going to argue with you over it./

tonyl711

Starter
There is literally an article written by the TurfShowTimes written by a St Louis writer on the front page with good discussion in it. The idea that the mods are trying to take away the voice of St Louis by removing writers who only want to trash the team is ridiculous.
JTs chats have been on here how long? now just because you and some others dont like them anymore they shouldnt be posted? BS.

bluecoconuts

Legend
when did i ever try to get a post or poster removed? i would point out things that i thought were wrong but i never tried to get anything removed, take the chats away i leave, its that simple, im not going to argue with you over it./

If I recall correctly, there were quite a number of people who would point out things to the mods to have the person punished on both sides. If you say you weren't one of them okay, but I don't recall it that way. I could be wrong, it was a while ago.

JTs chats have been on here how long? now just because you and some others dont like them anymore they shouldnt be posted? BS.

I don't care if they're here, I just said I wont be reading them. I just said that it doesn't seem worth the time for Prime Time to go through the chat, copy and paste everything and edit out bad questions, especially when JT doesn't offer any type of inside information anymore. In terms of the length his stuff has been posted here, what does that matter? Bernie was removed after a while because his posts were just toxic and people didn't want to read it. JT had started down that same path, and people don't want to read it either. If the mods don't want to go through all the trouble to edit out the crap, and then make sure that the topic remains civil, why should they? If JT still offered inside information then it could at least be somewhat useful, but he doesn't.

tonyl711

Starter
If I recall correctly, there were quite a number of people who would point out things to the mods to have the person punished on both sides. If you say you weren't one of them okay, but I don't recall it that way. I could be wrong, it was a while ago.

I don't care if they're here, I just said I wont be reading them. I just said that it doesn't seem worth the time for Prime Time to go through the chat, copy and paste everything and edit out bad questions, especially when JT doesn't offer any type of inside information anymore. In terms of the length his stuff has been posted here, what does that matter? Bernie was removed after a while because his posts were just toxic and people didn't want to read it. JT had started down that same path, and people don't want to read it either. If the mods don't want to go through all the trouble to edit out the crap, and then make sure that the topic remains civil, why should they? If JT still offered inside information then it could at least be somewhat useful, but he doesn't.
we disagree, no biggie, but like i said if JTs chats are gone so am i.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I voted no but its fine if they stick around, I'll just not click on the posts if I dont want to read his shit. Simple fix. Some will want to read still, So not clicking on it is fone for me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I won't tell you not to post it here, but I won't miss it at this point if you don't.

JT's quality really started to decline in the wake of his intense and unending butthurt from being left out of the loop in the trade of Bradford. He really let his feelings interfere with doing his job and calling it straight, which is what a beat reporter is supposed to do.

Now there is even more fuel for that fire in the wake of the move away from St. Louis. I can certainly understand the anger and frustration in losing the Rams, especially given the way it went down, but that doesn't relieve him of his professional obligation to be balanced as a reporter. In the stories he writes these days, he often fails in that respect, and in his selection of questions to answer in the chats, he becomes insufferable.

Thus, I doubt I'll read him much, if at all, going forward. Irrespective of which side you come down on in the move, what's done is done. I'm a Rams fan whether they play in St. Louis, LA, or Timbuktu. And thus I'm not going to spend my time reading someone who just wants to spread negativity around the Rams, which is what JT seems to want to do these days.

Pity, I really used to like that guy.

Took the words right outta my mouth. His reaction to the Bradford trade was unprofessional on every level and since then he has turned on the heat even more. It's too bad, I used to enjoy reading him.

But enough people here want to read it so I'm cool with it staying. I'll probably quickly graze through it........

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Jim Thomas chat will stay but I will minimize the snarky questions and answers.

howlers.jpg

This will most likely mean a thinner version but the rest of you can click the link and read everything if you are so inclined.

29urtkk.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Jim Thomas chat will stay but I will minimize the snarky questions and answers.
That's the only reason I read them.
Think I turn to him for keen analytical football insight? lol.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm with @-X- part of the reason I read that shit is for the........well......for the shit!