(Poll)The weekly Jim Thomas NFL chat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you still want to Read the Jim Thomas NFL chat each week?

• Yes

Votes: 43 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 25 24.0%

• Total voters

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I never really read it before

tonyl711

Starter
i would like to see it continue, its pretty simple for those who dont like it, dont read it if you dont like it, but to deprive others because you dont like it is wrong.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
It's been getting worse. Like dumped ex girlfriends trying to scratch the current girls eyes out.

"Did you see what Fisher was wearing?"
"I know. What a slut."
"He's not even pretty."
"And where does Snead get his hair done? Jiffy Lube?"
"Fer sure, girlfriend!"

:sleepz::violin:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I won't tell you not to post it here, but I won't miss it at this point if you don't.

JT's quality really started to decline in the wake of his intense and unending butthurt from being left out of the loop in the trade of Bradford. He really let his feelings interfere with doing his job and calling it straight, which is what a beat reporter is supposed to do.

Now there is even more fuel for that fire in the wake of the move away from St. Louis. I can certainly understand the anger and frustration in losing the Rams, especially given the way it went down, but that doesn't relieve him of his professional obligation to be balanced as a reporter. In the stories he writes these days, he often fails in that respect, and in his selection of questions to answer in the chats, he becomes insufferable.

Thus, I doubt I'll read him much, if at all, going forward. Irrespective of which side you come down on in the move, what's done is done. I'm a Rams fan whether they play in St. Louis, LA, or Timbuktu. And thus I'm not going to spend my time reading someone who just wants to spread negativity around the Rams, which is what JT seems to want to do these days.

Pity, I really used to like that guy.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
All the bickering and negativity the past yr about the move has really got my nerves on edge. I am sick and tired of so called "fans" 'dissing on my team. I fucking HATE it

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As dry, dull, and boring Jim Thomas is, the questions are what worse. I don't want to read shit about the Rams' so-called "incompetence" or "desperation moves" and other various garbage questions. Isn't that's why this site was created, to get away from the PD bullshit?

So I vote HELL NO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I spend around 30 to 40 minutes every Tuesday wading through what is mostly snarky questions and answers, selecting the ones I can stomach and then posting it. On today's chat I noticed a majority of members are sick of it. I'm fine with not posting it any longer. What say you?

I can take it for a bit more, only because LA has yet to come up with any semblance of an insider. Thomas is waning on that note too but maybe he has some tidbits right after the draft. So call it a rap with the first chat after the draft? I doubt he will have any rookie mini camp news.

Or bag it now to save the work. I won't be mad.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Instead I could spend that time more fruitfully by annoying my fellow mods and admins even more than I do already.

cfph.gif

Bonus likes for the gif!

TexasRam

Legend
There is just no inside info or substance from his chats. It's pretty annoying.

I always mutter to myself "why are we asking this guy questions if he knows no more than the current fan".

At least pretend you know something dude.

He comes across as uninterested and out of touch.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I normally enjoy them but the last one was pretty bad, felt like Bernie Kosar was asking the questions... lol.

With that said I'm not voting, its up to you brotha. Thanks for posting them all this time though! (y)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i would like to see it continue, its pretty simple for those who dont like it, dont read it if you dont like it, but to deprive others because you dont like it is wrong.
While I suggested he keep doing them for those that wanted to read it these columns are really easy to find for those that want to find them without him putting his time in to post them here for people.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I voted no, because there has been a huge decline in the chats.

He doesn't have any inside information anymore, he's not with the team, and it shows because most of the chat is filled with short answers with no real information or encouragement of the stupid fans wishing injuries, failure on the field, etc.

If people want to read the chats, I figure they could just search for them. I personally wont be reading them, so why bother going through all the work.

Rams have a new beat reportet, Jack Wang... Who actually writes about the Rams. It won't take long for the access and inside information to flow. Other than Mike Silver nobody really has inside access, so I'd rather hear stories about the draft and roster than crying and wishing the teams draft picks are all busts and the stadium collapses.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We get enough snarkyness, perpetual negativity and bitterness here from a small core of fans....no need to feature JT and his bitter cronies either.

JMO

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Respect your opinion, but it's on the internet for anyone to find. Removing it from ROD wouldn't be depriving anyone from reading it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Respect your opinion, but it's on the internet for anyone to find. Removing it from ROD wouldn't be depriving anyone from reading it.

But, what if you depend upon ROD to gather content? :thinking:

It's a community. That's what we do.

I can't see any negative putting up something to talk about. If nothing else, we can talk about JT, just as this thread has become :LOL:

Me personally, it's all about perspective. I like hearing any angle. I can decide what I side with. That's where Tony is coming from.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
But, what if you depend upon ROD to gather content? :thinking:

It's a community. That's what we do.

I can't see any negative putting up something to talk about. If nothing else, we can talk about JT, just as this thread has become :LOL:

Me personally, it's all about perspective. I like hearing any angle. I can decide what I side with. That's where Tony is coming from.
What was the reason we removed Bernie from ROD? Remind me.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
I also want to keep reading it and like ROD to be my one stop shopping (reading) place. Since all the moving questions/arguing are over why spend 30 or 40 minutes editing it? Perhaps just cut and paste the good with the garbage and call it a day?

tonyl711

Starter
thats true, but by that way of thinking you can look up pretty much everything on here elsewhere,