(Poll) So who is the odd man out now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So who is the odd man out now?

• Keenum

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Foles

Votes: 84 90.3%
  • Mannion

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
While the economics can change based on trade offers, I think Mannion is safe - he is the only QB on the roster who is under contract for more than 2016, so he will at least be a cheap backup. Keenum is the best starting option on the roster - and Fisher will want a solid backup for the rookie. However, his money is not guaranteed, and the 1.75 million Foles is yet to receive is. But I suspect they will get whatever they can for Foles, although it may not be until training camp or at least close to it, and it may only be a conditional 2017. And if nothing is offered, they could keep Foles around in case of injury until later in training camp.

If Denver offers enough for Keenum, especially before or during the draft, the thinking could change. I think the Rams would take pick #63 for him now, or even several mid round picks to allow holes to be filled.

Yeah... The Rams get a good offer for Keenum (Denver) you take it. Otherwise he's the #2 you can win with.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I bet they trade or cut Mannion and he does very well with another team.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
While the economics can change based on trade offers, I think Mannion is safe - he is the only QB on the roster who is under contract for more than 2016, so he will at least be a cheap backup.

Yeah, I really like the wildcard nature of Mannion on the roster now that they are going to add a high talent QB to this group. He might give Keenum all he can handle in competition and shock everyone by winning the job.

Granted, the rook will likely win the job the minute he knows the offense cold because he'll be our best QB at that point. But if Mannion could beat out Case or just make the decision hard for the staff... That would be extremely valuable to this team.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
really hope someone takes Foles off our hands for a 4th or 5th but I don't expect anything to happen until draft day

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which is why they'll draft someone
I suppose maybe for a 6th or so but for that I'd just as soon keep him

For a 6th, yes. The rumor at the time the Rams suddenly raised their tender offer from a 2nd round level to a first was that the Broncos were sniffing around. Kubiak and Keenum have a history, and Keenum has started a bunch of games for him. So while I expect Keenum to be a Ram in 2016, it wouldn't shock me if Denver made an offer for him that the Rams would at least consider seriously.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Denver offers enough for Keenum, especially before or during the draft, the thinking could change. I think the Rams would take pick #63 for him now, or even several mid round picks to allow holes to be filled.

This is why I say Keenum. I would rather say goodbye to Foles, but I think that Keenum gets the Rams a decent pick/picks - either Denver's second, or maybe (more likely) their third and fifth. This is why Snisher placed the first-round tag on him - to set an unreasonable trade value on him, so that they can ask for less than that and look like they are bending over. They are playing the long game - thinking about moving up for a QB - and have been doing so at least since the decision to tag Keenum at that level.

If they make a deal like that you have the new QB (Wentz or Goff), Foles and Mannion, and this year's draft includes the QB in round one, as well as a third, two fourths, a fifth, and two sixths. Suddenly, we can plug some of those holes. And with the compensatory pick next year, we *only* lose our first next year. Sounds better to me.

Limey

Rookie

I think they will get a decent offer for Foles. He was horrible after the Green Bay game last year, but he is a pro-bowl QB in a league that is starved of good QBs. Someone will think last year was down to a porous OL built of mostly rookies, a weak WR corps and an OC that was fired during the season. At a salary of less than $2m, at the very least someone will want him as a backup, and there are teams with starting QBs that are less than convincing that might think he will give them some veteran insurance. I'm guessing that we get a 5th for him, and maybe a 4th. Could also see him being traded for a possible bounce-back player, maybe a WR or TE?