POLL- Rams playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

With this complete win are the Rams poised to make the playoffs?

• Yes, yes because always yes.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Yes because all the teams that have to lose will lose.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • No but it was good to watch with the sound turned down.

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Don't know but remain hopeful.

Votes: 35 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nicky P

UDFA
Name
Nick
We need Seattle to win tonight and we also need to win at least 3 out of the next 4. If we win all 4, I like our chances a lot.

Minnesota still has to play Green Bay. Maybe Chicago pulls one out on them as well.

With 3 of our remaining games interdivisional, they are going to be crucial.

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we win all 4 I think we are in. I feel good that we can beat the Seahags next Sunday night (hoping Minn beats them tonight because they also have the 49'rs and at the Panthers) and then we will have no problems with Az or the cowgirls but the 49'r game is the concern.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
There is no legitimate reason to believe Goff will play well against a very good defense this year. I think we can beat Hawks at home, but the next 2 games in Dallas and SF are doubtful, and extremely remote that we win both. Highly likely we beat Cards at home. 9-7 is reasonable, 10-6 is limit. That won’t get us in playoffs.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
This team has been on and off (mostly off, considering the on off play of the OL), Goff has been on and off, going to Seattle they will need to be VERY on.

Ellard80

Legend
We have been able to score on Seattle the last few seasons (we do well against zone teams).

The game that is daunting is at the 49ners .

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Time to get familiar with the tiebreaking procedures:

Division record - if the Niners collapsed, we could get in over them. If they lose to the Saints, Rams and Seahawks and we win out, we would get in over them

Conference record - we would have GB beat if we finished with the same record

These are obvious ones that everyone is familiar with

Common opponents - best win percentage in games with common opponents - we cannot win this against Seattle if we finish with the same record - this is the most important reason for Seattle needing to win tonight - to get in over Seattle we would have to win out AND need them to lose to either the Panthers or Cardinals along with the Vikings, Rams and Niners so that we finish with a better record. If they beat both the Panthers and Cardinals, even if we win out we cannot get in over them.

Strength of victory - win percentage of all the teams you've beaten - here we would have the Vikings beat and this is the tiebreaker we would most likely come to with them.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Eh why are we even talking playoffs? Do we look like a playoff team? Simple answer.

No

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
9ers aren't going to collapse. They're a better team than us right now because they can dictate in the run game and we can't. And it is defense that makes them a legit deep playoff team. All that aside they do have an achilles heel so to speak which is their QB position; if they had a top QB they'd win it all for sure this year.

I am going to enjoy the remainder the schedule though. We're still in this thing and will be for another week or two, and as flawed as this year's team is they do have the talent to upset the whiners and win out. So who knows. I might not like the end result this season (actually I am surprised we're two games above .500 for that matter) but I do love this team and I'm not going to get all sissy about our chances in fact I am going to enjoy being overlooked and worst case scenario watching us impact the playoff stacking with a little spoiler action.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It was a nice win. But I still don't think we make the playoffs. Until the offense starts to make a better showing against better teams, I'm not convinced. But its still better than the pre McVay era when by this time we were debating whether or not we should tank for a higher draft pick.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Cowboys game is interesting.
An under performing very talented team.
They may be on an interim coach at that point too.
Their weakness on D is their secondary.
I full expect a pass heavy approach.
Their DL is loaded and could cause major problems.
Can either tackle get low enough to slow Quinn’s “dip” move?.....or really contend with Lawrence?
This is a tough match up for the same reason Chicago was.

fearsomefour

Legend
It was a nice win. But I still don't think we make the playoffs. Until the offense starts to make a better showing against better teams, I'm not convinced. But its still better than the pre McVay era when by this time we were debating whether or not we should tank for a higher draft pick.
If your still alive you can’t tank it.
That is so cowardly anyway.
The Dolphins have been trying but the Bengals and occasional Fitzmagic have them moving down the draft chart.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
There is no legitimate reason to believe Goff will play well against a very good defense this year. I think we can beat Hawks at home, but the next 2 games in Dallas and SF are doubtful, and extremely remote that we win both. Highly likely we beat Cards at home. 9-7 is reasonable, 10-6 is limit. That won’t get us in playoffs.
Completely disagree. We can beat Dallas they have looked average. SF in SF will be really hard.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
For me, this team is a disaster when it comes to consistent play.

If the Rams beat the Seahawks then I would discuss Playoffs, otherwise its draft position for the 2nd round.

RamWoodie

Legend
Good win...BUT...I will be more optimistic with a good home win over Seattle. Goff was very good yesterday and it was great to see McVay using the short passing game throwing to the TEs and RBs!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
Completely disagree. We can beat Dallas they have looked average. SF in SF will be really hard.
Back in the ol rivalry days of the 80s-90s the road team usually fared better in this series. Perhaps that holds true this time as well....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
All that aside they do have an achilles heel so to speak which is their QB position; if they had a top QB they'd win it all for sure this year.

We are usually of like mind but right here I very much disagree with you. JG is having a fantastic year. He doesn't have huge numbers but it's because they are a running team. One of the few that still use the run to set up the pass and they do both very, very well. They are #2 in points for a reason and having a team like he has there makes them the NFC favorite IMO.

He's completing 69% of his passes for 8.1 YPA and 21 TD's on fewer passes than the 6 guys ahead of him and the guy he is tied in the spot with.

I hate to say it but the 49ers look to have their franchise QB.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Back in the ol rivalry days of the 80s-90s the road team usually fared better in this series. Perhaps that holds true this time as well....

This is going to be as much about what the coaches have planned. McVay and Shanahan should be a chess match.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We are usually of like mind but right here I very much disagree with you. JG is having a fantastic year. He doesn't have huge numbers but it's because they are a running team. One of the few that still use the run to set up the pass and they do both very, very well. They are #2 in points for a reason and having a team like he has there makes them the NFC favorite IMO.

He's completing 69% of his passes for 8.1 YPA and 21 TD's on fewer passes than the 6 guys ahead of him and the guy he is tied in the spot with.

I hate to say it but the 49ers look to have their franchise QB.
When they get into the playoffs I think that run game being stuffed will = elimination. We'll see how it plays out.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
We have been able to score on Seattle the last few seasons (we do well against zone teams).

The game that is daunting is at the 49ners .

All things remaining equal, they don't beat the Niners.