(Poll) Goff or Wentz Part Deux. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do YOU want to draft as the Rams next franchise QB?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• These pretzels are making me thirsty

Results are only viewable after voting.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Wait did I just see that 74% of the snaps Wentz took last year were from shotgun/pistol formation? I thought he was more an under center guy. Not a knock just thought I'd heard the opposite about him.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jared Goff---over 1600 snaps. Carson Wentz--600. Goff has a thousand more.

Rams pick Goff.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm not only going to send Fisher a really ugly puppy with severe gastrointestinal problems...but at this point, I'm tempted to send him the whole damn litter...

And this is Florida... I could find that just by asking at the Supermarket...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I still say Wentz is the better fit for Fisher's Rams. Sticking with my pick.
Having said that i'm pumped up for a new QB regardless.

:cheers:

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm a Rams fan until I die. I wanted Wentz but they went with Goff...so I suck it up and say...

GET IT DONE!!!

We know Goff isn't gonna start for most of the season if not until next year. I think the Rams are ok with Keenum...and he can also get better, while we wait for "THE GOFF MOMENT".

RamWoodie

Legend
Not so sure about that.
I am. Goff came from a spread system in college. The difference is the system he was in did require him to read defense. However at the level he's entering now, he's simply not ready to face the intricacies of NFL defenses as well as the speed of NFL defenses.

To throw him in the fire now *could* ruin him...and when you have seasoned QBs on your team, why risk that?

Take a look at the press conference with Goff on the Rams website...even he understands as much. He's got time...and it's better to build confidence than ruin it. You take your time with him and build on the things you already know about him. He was probably the most accurate of all the QBs drafted, but you still have to take your time with him.

Keenum will start...bank on it!

Name
Chris
I am. Goff came from a spread system in college. The difference is the system he was in did require him to read defense. However at the level he's entering now, he's simply not ready to face the intricacies of NFL defenses as well as the speed of NFL defenses.

To throw him in the fire now *could* ruin him...and when you have seasoned QBs on your team, why risk that?

Take a look at the press conference with Goff on the Rams website...even he understands as much. He's got time...and it's better to build confidence than ruin it. You take your time with him and build on the things you already know about him. He was probably the most accurate of all the QBs drafted, but you still have to take your time with him.

Goff knows how to read defenses, there are plenty of references in this forum to explain what he did pre and post snaps, also he was given full control of the offense last year to change anything including the play based on what he read in pre snap. What he needs to do now and has already been doing is learn a different offensive terminology and new playbook.

PainTrain

UDFA
Name
Raffi

Nope, Goff is the best QB prospect since Peyton.

He started as a true Frosh at Cal being the first in the school's history, torched Ohio St for 371 and 3 TDs in his 3rd college game with the worst Cal team in Cal's history.

Goff will be ready in the fall and will start day 1

RamWoodie

Legend
Goff knows how to read defenses, there are plenty of references in this forum to explain what he did pre and post snaps, also he was given full control of the offense last year to change anything including the play based on what he read in pre snap. What he needs to do now and has already been doing is learn a different offensive terminology and new playbook.
Read my post again. I never said Goff could not read defenses, in fact I pointed to the fact that the spread system he played in required he read defenses

I stand on what I said...it's best to bring him on slowly. College "pre-snap" and NFL "pre-snap" are totally different animals. Furthermore...don't you find it interesting that two of the greats right now (Brady and Rodgers), didn't get thrown right into the fire?
Nope, Goff is the best QB prospect since Peyton.

He started as a true Frosh at Cal being the first in the school's history, torched Ohio St for 371 and 3 TDs in his 3rd college game with the worst Cal team in Cal's history.

Goff will be ready in the fall and will start day 1

Put this down..."Fisher will start with Keenum under center."...and Surely you jest if you believe Goff is the best prospect since Peyton...recall a guy named Andrew Luck...Goff isn't even close to where Luck was as a rookie. Let's not go overboard!

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Read my post again. I never said Goff could not read defenses, in fact I pointed to the fact that the spread system he played in required he read defenses

I stand on what I said...it's best to bring him on slowly. College "pre-snap" and NFL "pre-snap" are totally different animals. Furthermore...don't you find it interesting that two of the greats right now (Brady and Rodgers), didn't get thrown right into the fire?

No. There are more than enough great QBs on both sides of that coin to conclude that throwing a QB into the fire isn't a worse option than sitting a QB. It all comes down to the individual QB's needs. Goff is a guy who can be thrown into the fire. He can handle it. And the Rams need him. That's why they gave up what they did. They recognize his talent and recognize the talent deficiencies of Keenum.

I'm not bringing Goff along slowly unless he needs to be brought along slowly. And none of us are in a position to judge whether or not he needs to be brought along slowly at this juncture. If Goff is ready, I play him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not bringing Goff along slowly unless he needs to be brought along slowly. And none of us are in a position to judge whether or not he needs to be brought along slowly at this juncture. If Goff is ready, I play him.
That's about all it boils down to, really. Fisher isn't going to start him unless or until he knows what to do in every situation within the structure of the offense. But even then, he'll likely want to start him sooner rather than later. It's like coming down the stairs (for those of us who grew up with stairs) on Christmas morning and not being able to open your damn presents until your damn sister gets out of the damn bathroom that she's been in for damn near 30 damn minutes.

But I digress.

They'll probably start him day one as long as he has a proper grasp of the playbook.
Bradford started his first game and he ROYALLY sucked. But that's how you improve for game 2.