(Poll) Do you want Todd Gurley on the cover of the new Madden game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you want Todd Gurley on the cover of the new Madden game?

• Yes, it will bring more attention to the Rams

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • No, there's a curse you dummy

Votes: 50 63.3%

• Total voters

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He already played for the Lions. No additional curse was necessary.

Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

RamzFanz

Damnit
No No No

Haven't the Rams been cursed since they won the Super Bowl?

It sure feels that way......... Let someone else temp fate....Carson Palmer anyone?

Returned to the super bowl the next season and the post season several times.

I'm going with no curse, bad coaching decisions, starting with Vermeil's retirement.

Ram65

Legend

I'm going with no curse, bad coaching decisions, starting with Vermeil's retirement.

Vermeil's retirement was the beginning of the curse. The curse prompting Dick Vermeil to make a rash decision to retire. He later coached again back in the same state of Missouri but with the wrong team the KC Chiefs.

Hakim dropped the ball: Brian Milne's fumble recovery of Az-Zahir Hakim's muffed punt return against the St. Louis Rams in 2000 clinched the first playoff victory in team history and vanquished the defending Super Bowl champions.

Super Bowl return lose! Lose to the cheating Pasties. It went down hill from there. This led to the bad coaching decisions starting with letting London Fletcher go. Kurt Warner thumb's injury.

Jason Sehorn giving up the Panthers touchdown in NFC Championship Game 2000. Just signing Sehorn was part of the curse.

It's late. I can't go on but there is much more...Linehan and Spags.....oh the horror of the curse!

200.gif

RamzFanz

Damnit
Vermeil's retirement was the beginning of the curse. The curse prompting Dick Vermeil to make a rash decision to retire. He later coached again back in the same state of Missouri but with the wrong team the KC Chiefs.

Hakim dropped the ball: Brian Milne's fumble recovery of Az-Zahir Hakim's muffed punt return against the St. Louis Rams in 2000 clinched the first playoff victory in team history and vanquished the defending Super Bowl champions.

Super Bowl return lose! Lose to the cheating Pasties. It went down hill from there. This led to the bad coaching decisions starting with letting London Fletcher go. Kurt Warner thumb's injury.

Jason Sehorn giving up the Panthers touchdown in NFC Championship Game 2000. Just signing Sehorn was part of the curse.

It's late. I can't go on but there is much more...Linehan and Spags.....oh the horror of the curse!

200.gif

Linehan and Spags WERE the curse.

Seriously though, no superbowl, win or lose, or post season run, can be considered a curse.

The Browns? Someone killed a witch's kid or something.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I'm going with horrific drafts and a dysfunctional front office.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm going with horrific drafts and a dysfunctional front office.

When Bradford made almost as much in a season as Warner made as a Ram with 2 super bowl appearances, a super bowl win, and several postseasons, you know you're fucked up.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Madden has been trash for a while now. M16 was one of the worst Madden games in memory. Football hasn't had a good video game since NFL 2k5.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Madden has been trash for a while now. M16 was one of the worst Madden games in memory. Football hasn't had a good video game since NFL 2k5.

I don't know what you're talking about. Madden 16 was a HUGE upgrade from previous Madden games. It's detailed controls are much more refined and realistic compared to before. It's certainly not perfect but it's pretty dang good.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
I don't know what you're talking about. Madden 16 was a HUGE upgrade from previous Madden games. It's detailed controls are much more refined and realistic compared to before. It's certainly not perfect but it's pretty dang good.

Yeah, I take it you don't play online. The offensive line AI is beyond broken and aggressive catch is overpowered; players come down with the ball in triple coverage consistently. On the other hand, quarters man 3 deep shuts down the run like it's nothing. The distance for suction tackles has actually increased and server issues are rampant. In MUT, pack odds are so ridiculous that it makes zero sense to pull packs in that game mode.

The last good Madden was '11 imo.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Calvin Johnson was on the cover of Madden 13 and in 2012 proceeded to break Jerry Rice's single season receiving yardage record with 1,964 yards. He also played all 16 games that year.

Many players have experienced down years while being on the cover, but the Madden curse is nothing more then superstition. Megatron proved that.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Calvin Johnson was on the cover of Madden 13 and in 2012 proceeded to break Jerry Rice's single season receiving yardage record with 1,964 yards. He also played all 16 games that year.

Many players have experienced down years while being on the cover, but the Madden curse is nothing more then superstition. Megatron proved that.
Maybe it just take a couple years for the curse to kick in.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Curses only exist if you let them. Paralysis by analysis. Gurley is a man. He runs right through curses.

The only thing I don't want is too many distractions. If this Madden cover comes with appearances and interviews and travel, etc. THAT could be a problem. Same with Goff, and all our players. Minimize distractions.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The curse is definitely real:

Eddie George - no injury, but in the playoffs had a ball bounce off his hands that was picked off

Dante Culpepper - effectively ended his career

Marshall - huge dip in production - elite status over

Vick - seriously injured

McNabb - seriously injured

Vince Young - career over

Brett Favre - couldn't injure him but he came out of retirement, played for the Jets and proceeded to have poorer numbers and have a lot of turmoil off the field

Polamalu - only played 5 games

Peyton Hillis - ended his career

Richard Sherman/Seahawks secondary - tons of injuries that ultimately led to their defeat in the super bowl

The three to seemingly escape it were: Ray Lewis, Drew Brees and Calvin Johnson. Even if you add George to this list, that's still 9 out of 13 that have been impacted.

A big NO THANKS to Gurley being on the cover.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
as a avid madden fan, I hope its a defender. any time is an offensive player they may the game so shitty defensively, so i vote a big NO