Poll: Do you think the fix was in vs. the 49ers?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you think the fix was in vs. the 49ers?

• Total voters

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
So, what do you think? Was the fix in?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
My suspicion isn't so much that they were trying to make the 49ers win at the point of the Cook OPI, but they didn't want the game to get out of hand lest the TV ratings go into the toilet for the 2nd half. That's how the NFL makes its money, and when an unpopular team like the Rams starts beating up on a more popular team, it hurts ratings. Hence the "timeliness" of the phantom OPI.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think so but I do think the refs had motives beyond fairness in making some calls and not some others. Won't go as far as fixed, though.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have a hard time believing in a conspiracy of that magnitude. I think its more a case of refs wanting to be prima donnas and be noticed. And who cares if a losing team gets screwed in the process.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I have personally never been on the side of the refs. Whether it was as a fan of the Rams or a player in highschool, after a game I was never on the mindset of "oh the refs helped me out in this one. Close call". Perhaps it isn't about the rams, some hidden agenda, ratings, etc. Perhaps every ref in the world just lives to make me suffer.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have personally never been on the side of the refs. Whether it was as a fan of the Rams or a player in highschool, after a game I was never on the mindset of "oh the refs helped me out in this one. Close call". Perhaps it isn't about the rams, some hidden agenda, ratings, etc. Perhaps every ref in the world just lives to make me suffer.
So it's actually YOUR fault!
ay7myn65l7w2au75je8f.gif

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Personally Ithink refs should be able to be suspended and fined for blatant bad calls

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
A billion dollar organization is going to have refs fix games and jeopardize more billions of dollars so the niners can beat the Rams. The NFL has made there money on parody.

The Cook call was brutal and changed the game IMO. The refs have been brutal and we seem to come on the short end too often. But fixed? That's getting a little carried away. The Rams losing is just not that important.

fearsomefour

Legend
A billion dollar organization is going to have refs fix games and jeopardize more billions of dollars so the niners can beat the Rams. The NFL has made there money on parody.

The Cook call was brutal and changed the game IMO. The refs have been brutal and we seem to come on the short end too often. But fixed? That's getting a little carried away. The Rams losing is just not that important.
I have been attempting to bring a sense of reality to the conversation, usually failingly so.
Does anyone really believe if a ref was in on a fix he would so stupid as to smile about it on tv? I mean, we are one step away from the refs growing handle bar mustaches just so they can do that weird "evil doer" mustache twist thing.

fearsomefour

Legend
I remember a ref in high school not giving me an obvious foul call, I was hacked and the ball (basketball) went out of bounds. I sort of stared at him and he said to me, "down by 18, 2 minutes left....I got stuff to do man, you aint gettin that call."
Thanks.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm not sure what you call it.
I think the refs are under lots of pressure from the league to promote the most profitable narrative possible.
Those refs Monday night were just doing what they are supposed to.

Lamarcus Joyner
TJ McDonald
Alec Ogletree
William Hayes
Aaron Donald
Robert Quinn

Those are just a few players who don't have a sack.
Look at that group. Even if all of these guys were "dogging it", even if they played for the worst DC ever at generating pressure through scheme, ONE OF THEM WOULD HAVE A F☆CKING SACK.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

They make more billions if the games are close, and if the darling teams win. Story lines sell more tickets, and make all the owners rich. No one cares about the Rams, we have the smallest fan base in the league, and as of next year, don't even have a stadium lease. Why wouldn't they screw us over?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

It's actually parity, but strangely applicable.

Fixed is a strong word, as in money didn't change hands, but yes, the word went down. Just like the Super Bowl.

fearsomefour

Legend
They make more billions if the games are close, and if the darling teams win. Story lines sell more tickets, and make all the owners rich. No one cares about the Rams, we have the smallest fan base in the league, and as of next year, don't even have a stadium lease. Why wouldn't they screw us over?
Not to mention the advertising for TV (where the real money is.....and NFL Ticket) is already sold and set. The last thing the league would consider at this point in terms of revenue is ticket sales....other than half empty stadiums look bad on tv. Its not like the NFL marketing department is out selling commercial spots for the second half of games during the first half.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It's become so much like David Stern's NBA, where officials have the ability and agenda to drive up the stars of the league, and keep other players down. This includes agenda's against teams also. The NFL doesn't want a blowout on national television. Games are called to keep it close, and silly make up calls are being made now too(this is directly out of the NBA refs handbook).

Are officials on the take for themselves, Goodell, Goodell's buddy owners, the Mob, Vegas bookies, uncle Fred? Idk but it's possible. It happened in the NBA.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Offense PI... are you fucking kidding me. How much more BLATANTLY obvious does it have to be? :whistle:

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
My suspicion isn't so much that they were trying to make the 49ers win at the point of the Cook OPI, but they didn't want the game to get out of hand lest the TV ratings go into the toilet for the 2nd half. That's how the NFL makes its money, and when an unpopular team like the Rams starts beating up on a more popular team, it hurts ratings. Hence the "timeliness" of the phantom OPI.
Agree to a point but I have seen a lot of non call against the Rams for 4 weeks so I beg to differ