Please trade for him right now Snisher.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Don't want to start a new thread about this but Jacksonville has given Blackmon's locker to someone else. Looks like they're on the verge of cutting him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't want to start a new thread about this but Jacksonville has given Blackmon's locker to someone else. Looks like they're on the verge of cutting him.

Or they anticipate him being suspended for the season.

Slappy967

Starter
Yeah because he is suspended indefinitely so signing Blackmon wouldn't pay any dividends for this year.

bluesjoc

Long time poster,First time reader
Name
Jeff
Dude needs some serious intervention it doesnt look like Blackmon will even apply to be reinstated this year. The Jags GM said he wasnt doing the things he needed to do to come back. I took that to mean not going to AA/NA meetings, missing drug tests, not going to counseling, things he needed to do to make it back.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
there not gving up on Quick and i doubt they cut Pettis. They obviously are not worried about our wr as some fans are. So what makes you think they would trade for Andre and his contract.
They would with a Caliber of a player such as Andre Johnson to be on the time. Money talks and bullshit walks, and either one of them have been given chances and they aren't money talking. What makes me think they would is they are trying to improve position groups on this team. What is arguably the weakest group on this team now? WR. Isn't it that obvious? now we have shored up a lot of our other areas that had great BPA value that are more important than a WR named Watkins. Common sense. Build from the Trenches out.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Andre Johnson is still a beast. It's not his fault that Schaub and his noodle couldn't get it to him deep, and they choose to give it to Arian Foster in the red zone. He's consistently been around top 5 in targets.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Look at what the 9ers added in Stevie at wr...Seattle drafted a speedster at wr.

Rams signed Britt while Bailey is suspended for the first 4 games.

Rams should pull the trigger asap. Offer Pettis and a 4th rounder. Im not sold on any of the wr's on the roster. Austin is very nice but at 5'8 its tough to expect him to be a dominant force.
Trading for Johnson would give Bradford a true #1.

Remember the rams can also cut Center Wells saving the team 4 million. Renegotiate Andre's contract so that the numbers fit for 2014 and 2015.

It should be easy convincing Johnson that the rams are indeed a super bowl contending team with him. The OL will be much improved while the defense should create plenty of 3 and outs for opposing offenses.

No excuses or lame explanations, make the trade happen.

Look at what the 9ers added in Stevie at wr...Seattle drafted a speedster at wr.

Rams signed Britt while Bailey is suspended for the first 4 games.

Rams should pull the trigger asap. Offer Pettis and a 4th rounder. Im not sold on any of the wr's on the roster. Austin is very nice but at 5'8 its tough to expect him to be a dominant force.
Trading for Johnson would give Bradford a true #1.

Remember the rams can also cut Center Wells saving the team 4 million. Renegotiate Andre's contract so that the numbers fit for 2014 and 2015.

It should be easy convincing Johnson that the rams are indeed a super bowl contending team with him. The OL will be much improved while the defense should create plenty of 3 and outs for opposing offenses.

No excuses or lame explanations, make the trade happen.

Plus we could save $4m by cutting Langford, I like the idea of having Donald and Langford rotating that DT spot, but I like the idea of Doanld and a Pro Bowl WR more.

It'll never happen but a man can dream :cool:.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I think what might be most valuable about him is that he could teach our other WR how to be a pro-bowl WR, how to run routes precisely, how to maximize their potential, etc. It could be like the way Bruce mentored Holt

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think the remote chance of acquiring Blackmon is at least a possibility. I don't think the Texans will move Andre Johnson at all and even if they did, I don't think it would be to the Rams. Blackmon's probably a lost cause but if he could be had, it would be on the cheap(IMO) and there would be a reasonable risk/reward. Age, contract, cost, etc. all add up to Johnson not even being a discussion.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Excuse me, but while most are dreaming, why would Andre Johnson want to play for the Rams as opposed to other teams that have made the post season recently? We see the potential upside of this team by why would he want to join the last place team in the toughest division in the NFL?

ausmurp

Starter
I was going to post the same. My god if we want to immediately be a contender and show what Bradford can do , make this happen!! They're asking for a 2nd rd pick, same as Gonzalez to Falcons trade. I'd offer 2nd and 4th to ensure they do it. I will literally be praying to god for this to happen, please join me in my prayers.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Texans have made no apparent plans for life after Andre Johnson
Posted by Mike Florio on May 13, 2014

127888748_8.jpg
Getty Images

Tuesday’s comments from Texans receiver Andre Johnson caught plenty of folks by surprise. His team should have seen it coming.

And yet the Texans have done nothing in free agency or the draft to prepare for the possibility that Johnson won’t be with the team that made him the third overall pick in the 2003 draft.

After a loss in November of last season, Johnson exchanged words with quarterbackMatt Schaub before leaving the field and heading to the locker room with time left on the clock.

“I’m under contract so I have to play my contract out,” Johnson said after the game regarding his future in Houston. “I can’t do anything about that.”

What he can do is stay away from voluntary workouts, even though he risks losing a $1 million roster bonus that he’ll earn as of Week One if he participates in offseason workouts and fulfills all contractual obligations.

What he also can do is try to persuade the team to trade him or cut him. The team’s reluctance to do so may have something to do with the frustration and the “situation” he has experienced this offseason.

Apart from adding veteran Mike Thomas after the regular season ended, the Texans haven’t signed a free-agent receiver or drafted one.

It could be that the Texans plan to keep Johnson for 2014, hoping that improved performance by the franchise will make him more happy — or perhaps less unhappy. Or maybe they’re simply waiting to trade him to a team that may need a receiver. Maybe, for example, a team in Cleveland that may not have Josh Gordon for much longer.