Pleasant news from 40whinerville

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Just nice to know the 49ers will be a train wreck as long as
Jed is in charge.

Jed York proved once again that he’s the cause of the 49ers’ problems
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-coach-targets-chip-kelly-trent-baalke-010217

Dieter KurtenbachJan 2, 2017 at 5:09p ET
San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York said it again, and again, and again Monday, a day after he fired his head coach after the final game of the season for a third straight year and send his right-hand man and general manager out the door as well.

“Nothing I’m going to say is going to be satisfactory.”

He was wrong.

Some accountability for turning one of the NFL’s proudest franchises into an unstable, politics-ridden laughingstock would have satisfied more than a few 49ers fans.

Admitting that he was the common denominator in the 49ers’ descent to the bottom and that he’s learned from the experience would have been satisfying.

Him saying that his ego and at times petulance interfered with the success of the team he was put in charge of eight years ago, at age 28, would have satisfied.

But he didn’t say anything like that.

If York thought he was under fire before Monday, he’s about to find out how high the burners can actually go in the Bay Area.

Because instead of saying something satisfying — something self-reflective and calming — York decided to say the worst possible thing when he was asked why he wasn’t stepping aside in the effort to clean house and rebuild the 49ers into a winning franchise:

“I own this football team. You don’t dismiss owners. I’m sorry… that’s the case…but that’s the facts.”

And so long as York is the “owner” of the 49ers — he’s really just the team’s CEO, his mother owns the team and put him in charge — the 49ers will likely remain one of the NFL’s worst run franchises, and poorly run franchises don’t win in this league.

usatsi_8331334.jpg

York said the franchise needs a culture change if it’s going to return to its once-winning ways — but that starts at the top, with him.

Monday, York refused to admit that he made a mistake in firing Jim Harbaugh at the end of the 2014 season, that he woefully overestimated Jim Tomsula, who seemed closer to a man who won a contest than a viable NFL head coach, and that he made the wrong choice in maintaining Trent Baalke after the 2015 season, when he brought in Chip Kelly to be Tomsula’s successor.

But York was adamant that he was right to fire both Kelly and Baalke on Sunday, because now the 49ers will have a clean slate that will be attractive to head coaches and general managers alike.

But considering the dysfunction in Santa Clara — the 49ers are the first modern NFL team to fire coaches after first-year head coaches in back-to-backs seasons — what top-flight football mind would want to work with York?

York is right, he cannot be fired as the team’s CEO, but he could certainly take a backseat in the day-to-day operations of the team. And it certainly didn’t sound like York was interested in that kind of arrangement moving forward.

“It’s got to be a partnership. It’s got to be a collaboration between me, the head coach and the general manager, so we can get this thing right.”

A partnership between a general manager and a head coach could work in Santa Clara — the 49ers have money, some talent, and a lot of good draft picks coming up — but not so long as York demands that its a triumvirate of power.

He’s a meddler who is out of his depth, and he refuses to admit either fact.

And without pause or smirk, he declared Monday “I don’t make football decisions.”

If that’s the case, why does York need to be part of a three-man partnership?

York is definitely the captain of a leaky boat, though. He is notorious for leaking information about Harbaugh to NFL news breakers (sometimes through a proxy, to be fair) when that relationship started heading south, creating justification for firing the coach who was well known to not think much of his much younger boss and his desire to interject in “football decisions.”

And while it wasn’t York who leaked out Kelly and Baalke’s firing earlier this weekend, it was almost certainly one of the three men in that sentence, and Kelly was reportedly livid upon finding out he was being dismissed after one year.

Though York did let the players know that Kelly was out via text, so we know the fingers are still working.

The 49ers do need a new culture, desperately, but the team’s culture wasn’t a byproduct of losing, losing was a byproduct of the 49ers’ culture.

And York, more than anyone else in the organization, is responsible for fostering it.

FRO

Legend
They were recently in a super bowl. Hard to laugh at them. We haven't won anything in over a decade.

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They were recently in a super bowl. Hard to laugh at them. We haven't won anything in over a decade.
Not laughing.Just glad he is running and meddling in SF.
I mean what happened to that SB coach?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is good news. Best thing the 49ers can do for every other team is keep York in charge and meddling. Will limit their options and lead to friction and dysfunction.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your kidding right? Demoff is IN control of everything Rams.

Your very mistaking if you believe otherwise

Demoff is not in control of the football decisions. Fisher and Snead (to a lesser extent) were. The Rams have a clear organizational structure and clearly defined roles. Demoff's role is to run the business side. The extent of his involvement on the football side of things is negotiating/structuring contracts and monitoring the cap (two things he's exceptional at). Fisher and Snead were the ones making the football decisions.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Demoff is not in control of the football decisions. Fisher and Snead (to a lesser extent) were. The Rams have a clear organizational structure and clearly defined roles. Demoff's role is to run the business side. The extent of his involvement on the football side of things is negotiating/structuring contracts and monitoring the cap (two things he's exceptional at). Fisher and Snead were the ones making the football decisions.

We're gonna agree to disagree. I'll agree that Demoff is good at contracts. BUT. He decides how much a player will receive in a contract and if that amount doesn't fit into his "Demoffs" evaulation of his "Kronke's budget of vaulation then said player doesn't get signed.

No way on Gods green earth does Demoff sign a player that wants more than Demoff thinks the player or position is worth.

Case and point see JJ. Fisher said sign JJ and he walked. Thats on Demoff. I agreed to let JJ walk. But the HC wanted to keep him but he walked and thats squarely on Demoff.

Demoff could have tagged JJ instead of TJ. Thats clearly on Demoff thats how and why I see Demoff as a Shaw.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I wonder why it is so hard to get this through.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I wonder why it is so hard to get this through.

Whats hard to get? Demoff doesnt know a damn thing about operating the football side of an NFL team. He has no none nada bit of experience in running a team.

He is a bean counter and a pr man. Period.

Yet he is the front man.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Case and point see JJ. Fisher said sign JJ and he walked. Thats on Demoff. I agreed to let JJ walk. But the HC wanted to keep him but he walked and thats squarely on Demoff.

Demoff could have tagged JJ instead of TJ. Thats clearly on Demoff thats how and why I see Demoff as a Shaw.

I don't think Demoff was the one who decided who got the tag between JJ and TJ. I'm pretty sure that one was mostly Fisher, maybe to some degree Snead, particularly since tag money is predetermined. If you have evidence to the contrary that it was Demoff that had final say on who got tagged, please provide.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I don't think Demoff was the one who decided who got the tag between JJ and TJ. I'm pretty sure that one was mostly Fisher, maybe to some degree Snead, particularly since tag money is predetermined. If you have evidence to the contrary that it was Demoff that had final say on who got tagged, please provide.

It was reported that Fisher left instructions for JJ to be signed before he went on vacation. So you tell me why was TJ tagged and not JJ?

That smells of a money thing which would point to Demoff. Which smells of a Shaw move.

Fisher is yapping. Lets see how much he yaps.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
It was reported that Fisher left instructions for JJ to be signed before he went on vacation. So you tell me why was TJ tagged and not JJ?

That smells of a money thing which would point to Demoff. Which smells of a Shaw move.

Lmao he left instructions? That on its own rids your statement of credibility. The coaching staff just doesn't go on vacation during the free agency period. And second, no matter who gets tagged, the money is the same. Fisher makes the final word on all personel decisions with some input from Snead. And it's been said by all three of them. It's literally, that plain and simple.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just nice to know the 49ers will be a train wreck as long as
Jed is in charge.

Jed York proved once again that he’s the cause of the 49ers’ problems
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-coach-targets-chip-kelly-trent-baalke-010217

Dieter KurtenbachJan 2, 2017 at 5:09p ET
San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York said it again, and again, and again Monday, a day after he fired his head coach after the final game of the season for a third straight year and send his right-hand man and general manager out the door as well.

“Nothing I’m going to say is going to be satisfactory.”

He was wrong.

Some accountability for turning one of the NFL’s proudest franchises into an unstable, politics-ridden laughingstock would have satisfied more than a few 49ers fans.

Admitting that he was the common denominator in the 49ers’ descent to the bottom and that he’s learned from the experience would have been satisfying.

Him saying that his ego and at times petulance interfered with the success of the team he was put in charge of eight years ago, at age 28, would have satisfied.

But he didn’t say anything like that.

If York thought he was under fire before Monday, he’s about to find out how high the burners can actually go in the Bay Area.

Because instead of saying something satisfying — something self-reflective and calming — York decided to say the worst possible thing when he was asked why he wasn’t stepping aside in the effort to clean house and rebuild the 49ers into a winning franchise:

“I own this football team. You don’t dismiss owners. I’m sorry… that’s the case…but that’s the facts.”

And so long as York is the “owner” of the 49ers — he’s really just the team’s CEO, his mother owns the team and put him in charge — the 49ers will likely remain one of the NFL’s worst run franchises, and poorly run franchises don’t win in this league.

usatsi_8331334.jpg

York said the franchise needs a culture change if it’s going to return to its once-winning ways — but that starts at the top, with him.

Monday, York refused to admit that he made a mistake in firing Jim Harbaugh at the end of the 2014 season, that he woefully overestimated Jim Tomsula, who seemed closer to a man who won a contest than a viable NFL head coach, and that he made the wrong choice in maintaining Trent Baalke after the 2015 season, when he brought in Chip Kelly to be Tomsula’s successor.

But York was adamant that he was right to fire both Kelly and Baalke on Sunday, because now the 49ers will have a clean slate that will be attractive to head coaches and general managers alike.

But considering the dysfunction in Santa Clara — the 49ers are the first modern NFL team to fire coaches after first-year head coaches in back-to-backs seasons — what top-flight football mind would want to work with York?

York is right, he cannot be fired as the team’s CEO, but he could certainly take a backseat in the day-to-day operations of the team. And it certainly didn’t sound like York was interested in that kind of arrangement moving forward.

“It’s got to be a partnership. It’s got to be a collaboration between me, the head coach and the general manager, so we can get this thing right.”

A partnership between a general manager and a head coach could work in Santa Clara — the 49ers have money, some talent, and a lot of good draft picks coming up — but not so long as York demands that its a triumvirate of power.

He’s a meddler who is out of his depth, and he refuses to admit either fact.

And without pause or smirk, he declared Monday “I don’t make football decisions.”

If that’s the case, why does York need to be part of a three-man partnership?

York is definitely the captain of a leaky boat, though. He is notorious for leaking information about Harbaugh to NFL news breakers (sometimes through a proxy, to be fair) when that relationship started heading south, creating justification for firing the coach who was well known to not think much of his much younger boss and his desire to interject in “football decisions.”

And while it wasn’t York who leaked out Kelly and Baalke’s firing earlier this weekend, it was almost certainly one of the three men in that sentence, and Kelly was reportedly livid upon finding out he was being dismissed after one year.

Though York did let the players know that Kelly was out via text, so we know the fingers are still working.

The 49ers do need a new culture, desperately, but the team’s culture wasn’t a byproduct of losing, losing was a byproduct of the 49ers’ culture.

And York, more than anyone else in the organization, is responsible for fostering it.
The 49ers and their Loyal Fans Finally have the Owner they deserve!! :yess::yay::pillowfight::banana::rockon::cheers::mustache:

Zodi

Hall of Fame

Reported huh? Then it must be true.

Demoff is Shaw/Zygmunt 2.0, confirmed.

If we end up with a defensive coach, anyone for Kelly as OC? Runs a vertical passing attack & ZBS iirc.