Playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
jim-mora.jpg

Let's get to.500 and then we can talk. I do like the defensive consistency these days, though.

Jim Mora - One of my alltime favorite interviews!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love being a Rams fan.
After Sunday's game with San Diego, we'll either be talking playoffs or getting a top 10 pick to draft our franchise QB....
I just want to see 5-6. I know its a real tall order but man, that would just be friggin awesome

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Agreed. It's just frustrating that we have put up with 10 years of losing and Broncos fans are throwing in the towel after one loss.

I think that's the voice of a few. I can tell you I lived in SoCal for 20 years and I've lived in Denver for 20 years. I've been to games in both cities and the reality is it's not even close. Denver fans pack the house when it's 90 degrees or 10. Don't buy into what you read online (just like the PD).
There are good and bad fans of every team. I promise you Bronco fans are not throwing in the towel.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Take one game at a time, win it and move on to the next. If 10-6 isn't good enough so be it. That's out of the Rams control.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Looking forward to Nov 30 at the dome to see us get to .500 by beating Chargers and Raiders... Then we have 4 more and who knows what can happen!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Bump just because i like looking at this stuff to keep it in the back of my mind as the final stretch of football approaches.

This week
If....

Rams beat Chargers
AZ beats Seattle
Washington beats SF

AZ 10-1(3-0)
SF 6-5(1-2)
SEA 6-5(0-2)
STL 5-6(2-2)

Rams must keep winning obviously, but we're not catching AZ and they still have games vs Seattle twice, us and SF, They need to beat Seattle(twice) and beat SF to help us out.

Rams are gonna need one or two of these teams to implode down the stretch...
-Green Bay(not gonna happen)
-Detroit(maybe but after New England this week their schedule is a cakewalk)
-Dallas(December Romo is right around the corner, and four of their last six are road games, plus home games vs Indianapolis and Philly)
-Philly(Not playing as well as they were earlier this season, but their schedule looks fairly soft minus Seattle and Dallas twice. Their final two games are on the road @ WASH and @ NYG. )
-SF and/or Seattle

SF remaining sched: Soft with 4 of 6 at home.
vs WASH
vs SEA
@ OAK
@SEA
vs S.D.
vs AZ

SEA remaining sched: Pretty brutal actually.
vs AZ
@ SF
@ PHILLY
vs SF
@ AZ
vs STL

A55VA6

Legend
The Rams chances are slim, but all we can do is win our games and see what happens.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
A miracle would have to happen. But hey, it would not be a bigger miracle than Kap fumbling on the one. The Lord made His greatness known on that play and I have all the faith in the world we can get in.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Bump just because i like looking at this stuff to keep it in the back of my mind as the final stretch of football approaches.

This week
If....

Rams beat Chargers
AZ beats Seattle
Washington beats SF

AZ 10-1(3-0)
SF 6-5(1-2)
SEA 6-5(0-2)
STL 5-6(2-2)

Rams must keep winning obviously, but we're not catching AZ and they still have games vs Seattle twice, us and SF, They need to beat Seattle(twice) and beat SF to help us out.

Rams are gonna need one or two of these teams to implode down the stretch...
-Green Bay(not gonna happen)
-Detroit(maybe but after New England this week their schedule is a cakewalk)
-Dallas(December Romo is right around the corner, and four of their last six are road games, plus home games vs Indianapolis and Philly)
-Philly(Not playing as well as they were earlier this season, but their schedule looks fairly soft minus Seattle and Dallas twice. Their final two games are on the road @ WASH and @ NYG. )
-SF and/or Seattle

SF remaining sched: Soft with 4 of 6 at home.
vs WASH
vs SEA
@ OAK
@SEA
vs S.D.
vs AZ

SEA remaining sched: Pretty brutal actually.
vs AZ
@ SF
@ PHILLY
vs SF
@ AZ
vs STL
I like this stuff too.

I just got done doing the same analysis, and see the same scenarios but have a few things to add.

The wheels falling off of Philly is the primary key to a 10-6 Rams team getting in. Or any other team for that matter who wants to steal the last wildcard spot.
At 10 - 6 the Rams would finish with 5 Conference losses.

If Philly goes 3 and 3 down the stretch they will also be 10-6. If at least 3 of those losses come to Seahawks and Dallas twice, they'll be at 6 NFC conference losses.

Now division.
Seattle only has to lose once more to anybody, and then we can take them on last game of year if we need to force them into a 6th loss of year. We'd own them heads up. Perfect scenario: AZ beats Seattle this sunday. That's the one loss we need.

SF. We don't play them again. They are 2 games up on us. So we can't shorten that gap on our own. If we run out to go 10-6, we'll be 4-2 in the division. The whiners are 1-2 in the division right now. After Cardinals beat the Seahawks this sunday, I'll become a Seahawks fan for both of their remaining games with the 49ers.

Lot's has to happen.
I don't see Philly losing this Sunday to Tennessee, but even if they do, we still need 3 more NFC losses on top of that to have them on the conference record.
AZ beating Seahawks Sunday would increase our odds as well.

All of these scenarios showing hope, and it is down the drain if the Rams don't win out.

But. There is a plausible chance.

Isn't Sanchez the QB for rest of year for the Eagles?
Edit: This was all wrong on philly. Them going 3-3 down the stretch isn't enough. They own the head to head on us. They'd need to go 2-4. Packers are too hot......Lions are the only ones in the mix who we haven't played head to head.....cowboys and Eagles got us this year head to head. Could the wheels come off the lions? I'm still saying Eagles. 2-4 under Sanchez down the stretch.

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
After we lost to ARZ , I knew/know that we are in too deep of a hole. Even winning out would not be enough. Alas, I'm loving what I'm seeing and we need to pick up where we left off next year and with Bradford.
with Bradford? He probaly want be able to start practicing untilpreseason. dont see any way he starts the season. It takes longer for second acl tear.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
with Bradford? He probaly want be able to start practicing untilpreseason. dont see any way he starts the season. It takes longer for second acl tear.

Man, even if he comes in mid season then we win the division. That's how good we are.

lockdnram21

Legend
i dont know about playoffs but if we win out Hillnshould be Qb next year while we groom rookie

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay.... I worked out the scenerios and here they are....

Eagles - Titans, @ Chowboys, Squawks, Chowboys, @ Deadskins, @ Giants. I put their record @ 4-2 for a 11-5 overall
Cowboys- @ Giants, Eagles, Bears, @ Eagles, Colts, @ Deadskins. I would put their record @ a 4-2/5-1 giving them a 11-5 or even 12-4
49ers - Deadskins, Squawks, @Raiders, @ Squawks, Chargers, Cards. I can't see them going any worse than 4-2 for a 10-6
Seahawks - Cards, @ Whiners, @ Eagles, Whiners, @ Cards, Rams. I see them having problems, going 2-4 down the stretch for a 8-8.
Green Bay - @vikings, Patriots, Falcons, @ Bills, @ Bucs, Lions. I see a 4-2/5-1 for a 11-5/12-4.
Lions - @ Patriots, Bears, Bucs, Vikings, @ Bears @ Packers. I see a 3-3 for a 10-6.
Cardinals - @Squawks, @ Falcons, Chiefs, @ Rams, Squawks, @ Whiners. I see them limping in w/ a 2-4 for a 11-5 record.

So, the best we could hope for is winning out and hope we get some type of tiebreaker. But I don't see that happening but......that's why they play the games. Strange stuff can happen. But we can get on a roll and then use it to propel us forward like the Cards did last year and be everyone's nightmare down the stretch........

I could see Eagles & RAMS win out, cowboys 1-5, 9rs lose out (skins need to prove something and Oakland will get a win), seabirds 2-4, packers 3-3, lions 2-4, birds 3-3. Its the NFL anything could happen. By the way could someone mix up some more koolaid, I just finished off the latest batch!!!!!

so
eagles 13-3
rams 10-6
cowboys 8-8
9rs 7-9
seabirds 8-8
packers 10-6
lions 9-7
birds 12-5

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
i wish had your confidence. But like i sjust said if We run table Hill should be qb untilwhat ever rookie we draft is ready

The defense, man. All we gotta do is win 3 games the first half of the year then run the table with Sam. It's that easy.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just went to nfl.com under the standing and they have already put a "y" next to the RAMS for clinching a wildcard! See we are not the only ones that believe.