Playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Simba

Rookie
I don't think we can go to the P/O with 10-6, if we make the miracle too.Every west team has to lose.And I don't think ARI will stop his race.They need just 2W.For wild card, East and Nord have got good teams for the wild card too (7 w in this moment).

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, the one thing that might actually help is the AZ Cards.

They still have 4 division games left

Nov 23 @ Seattle
Dec 11 @ St. Louis
Dec 21 Seattle
Dec 28 @ San Francisco

Now, presuming, hoping and praying that WE beat the Cards... The Cards have TWO games against the Seahawks and one against the 49ers.

I like the Cards in both of those games.

Same with Green Bay/Detroit...

Same with Dallas/Eagles....

Division games will cause losses late.

And the Rams still have to win out...

350.png

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Okay.... I worked out the scenerios and here they are....

Eagles - Titans, @ Chowboys, Squawks, Chowboys, @ Deadskins, @ Giants. I put their record @ 4-2 for a 11-5 overall
Cowboys- @ Giants, Eagles, Bears, @ Eagles, Colts, @ Deadskins. I would put their record @ a 4-2/5-1 giving them a 11-5 or even 12-4
49ers - Deadskins, Squawks, @Raiders, @ Squawks, Chargers, Cards. I can't see them going any worse than 4-2 for a 10-6
Seahawks - Cards, @ Whiners, @ Eagles, Whiners, @ Cards, Rams. I see them having problems, going 2-4 down the stretch for a 8-8.
Green Bay - @vikings, Patriots, Falcons, @ Bills, @ Bucs, Lions. I see a 4-2/5-1 for a 11-5/12-4.
Lions - @ Patriots, Bears, Bucs, Vikings, @ Bears @ Packers. I see a 3-3 for a 10-6.
Cardinals - @Squawks, @ Falcons, Chiefs, @ Rams, Squawks, @ Whiners. I see them limping in w/ a 2-4 for a 11-5 record.

So, the best we could hope for is winning out and hope we get some type of tiebreaker. But I don't see that happening but......that's why they play the games. Strange stuff can happen. But we can get on a roll and then use it to propel us forward like the Cards did last year and be everyone's nightmare down the stretch........

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Playoffs!! Playoffs?? Playoffs?!

Excuse me. *dashes to frig for the proper koolaid* I've been saving this for the appropriate moment.

Who wants a drink?:cheers:

ram007

Starter
Okay, after a big win I have the rose colored glasses on but We all witnessed the defensive dominance of a very good Superbowl team - A Superbowl team that has been lauded for their offseason improvements.

I looked at a few points here and think it is possible to win out:

- The schedule. The Rams two toughest games are at San Diego next week and at Seattle to end the season. If they can pull out a win against San Diego then they have the Raiders, skins, Cards, and Giants. All winnable games. If they need a win in Seattle to make the playoffs, they know they can beat them and if the team continues to grow watch out

- The offensive line and Hill. Hill used the pocket better than Davis and got better protection. Plus Hill made better decisions not forcing throws.

-Mason. Tre Mason can run and pass protect. He got over 100 on a top defense. Nuff said.

- The division. The Cardinals lost their QB and now Fitzgerald hurt his knee. The Rams left them off the hook inArizona. They won't in St. Louis.

The Niners continue to implode with disgruntled players, the latest being Ahmad Brooks removing himself from the game over splitting playing time.

The Hawks are not the same with the hands off WR rules being implemented and many key injuries, reportedly Wilson is not 'Black' enough for some teammates. The Rams know they can beat them.

- The big question is can 9 and 7 get the Rams a wild card birth

- The other big question may be, Am I nuts to think this is possible?

We are just a rag-tag old-school pesky team that steals the loot now and then. Until they win 3 straight, there needs to be no talk of playoffs or us being a good team

mm.6929

UDFA
Name
Matt
The rams lose the tiebreaker with Philly and Dallas too which really hurts. They had Dallas! The Lions have a couple of losses left but I don't think they would get to 9-7. I believe we would lose the tiebreaker to them as well.

The only hope I see is Dallas losing 4 out of there last 6 and the Rams win out. If Romo gets knocked out that could happen. I could see Philly beating them twice. Whatever happens between the Eagles and Cowboys we need one of them to beat the other twice.

All you can do is win your game and hope other things fall into place.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Denver win was big but this team has always been capable of that. Lets see them consistently take care of business before getting too optimistic. Every time I start to get optimistic, this team makes me feel like a battered wife.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Denver win was big but this team has always been capable of that. Lets see them consistently take care of business before getting too optimistic. Every time I start to get optimistic, this team makes me feel like a battered wife.

Agreed. What had me thinking this was possible is Arizona. The Rams played them tough and they were 7-1 against basically the easy part of the schedule first. The Rams played several teams tough but mistakes killed them. There weren't any mistakes or 4th quarter letdowns against Denver, so maybe they are turning a corner. San Diego is an important game in that it could reveal if the Rams actually took a big step in learning the D and playing a complete game. If so m hopes will rise!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'll make a new batch of koolaid after the Rams have won 8 games! Playoffs would be cool, though!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I will go into each week thinking we are going to win. Winning is the only thing our team can do to keep hopes alive. So yes - I think they can win out. And if other teams fail to keep pace then we are in. With 6 games left and a mathematical chance, my head is still in the 2014 season.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That AZ 4th qtr giveaway loss was huge. Needed to have that one. I've said since the beginning that i wanted a winning record season. 9-7 would be beautiful to this Rams fan.
I think it's possible to run the table, but i'm not sure we have enough left offensively to get it done.

Beat San Diego on the road.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
One game at a time....consistency is the key......bring that team that played Denver.....on the road or at home....... we are young and exciting....we have experienced a lot of highs and lows... but now we need wins..... We can beat anyone but we are the only ones capable of beating ourselves....We can only control our games..... if we are to improve we need to bring our A game to San Diego. ........if we are good enough. ...everything else will fall into place.

Go Rams.................. ;)

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The Broncos offense are all pussies and cry babies. Same with their fan base. I have no idea why teams don't rough them up more often. Manning can't handle pressure at all. He was just throwing ducks at the first sign of pressure. Hit them hard and they collapse. Anyway, if we can handle Denver we can beat anyone. We will crush the Cardinals at home.
So you're calling me a pussy and a crybaby?

fearsomefour

Legend
The Broncos offense are all pussies and cry babies. Same with their fan base. I have no idea why teams don't rough them up more often. Manning can't handle pressure at all. He was just throwing ducks at the first sign of pressure. Hit them hard and they collapse. Anyway, if we can handle Denver we can beat anyone. We will crush the Cardinals at home.
Agreed. Although "crushing" Az will be tough.
I said all week leading up to the Denver game blitz Manning right up the middle and hit him a couple of times. He simply refused to deal with pressure. He compiles stats but that is a major flaw. We even saw a "phantom sack" worthy of Jim Everett.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Agreed. Although "crushing" Az will be tough.
I said all week leading up to the Denver game blitz Manning right up the middle and hit him a couple of times. He simply refused to deal with pressure. He compiles stats but that is a major flaw. We even saw a "phantom sack" worthy of Jim Everett.

I think it's helped a lot that Manning gets a cupcake schedule his entire career. People wonder why he gets kicked out of the playoffs so early. I agree he's probably one of the best ever, but a lot of his stats are skewed. He's had probably the best weapons around him for a lot of his career. But here's the thing, IMO he's selfish. He cares so much about stats and breaking records that the running game is always secondary when that's what you need to win a Super Bowl. I sorta can't wait for him to retire.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
People should stop complaining about other divisions. Its something that occasionally happens. No one would have complained if we made the playoffs Bradfords rookie year at 8-8.

Lets get to 10-6 first

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Well, if you are apart of the Broncos offense or you are a whiny fan who thinks they should win by 30 points every game, then yes.

Can't say I'm any of that but you said "their fanbase" Not all fans should be lumped into one category. Just like not all the idiots on the PD represent all rams fans.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Can't say I'm any of that but you said "their fanbase" Not all fans should be lumped into one category. Just like not all the idiots on the PD represent all rams fans.

Agreed. It's just frustrating that we have put up with 10 years of losing and Broncos fans are throwing in the towel after one loss.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Beat SD and we can survey what else happened in the league that Sunday and maybe we can talk PLAYOFFS a little bit. But for now, I'm going to choose to stay a touch grounded so as not to have too far to fall again. SD looks ripe for the picking this week and I think our Rams take care of business. GO RAMS!