Playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Okay, after a big win I have the rose colored glasses on but We all witnessed the defensive dominance of a very good Superbowl team - A Superbowl team that has been lauded for their offseason improvements.

I looked at a few points here and think it is possible to win out:

- The schedule. The Rams two toughest games are at San Diego next week and at Seattle to end the season. If they can pull out a win against San Diego then they have the Raiders, skins, Cards, and Giants. All winnable games. If they need a win in Seattle to make the playoffs, they know they can beat them and if the team continues to grow watch out

- The offensive line and Hill. Hill used the pocket better than Davis and got better protection. Plus Hill made better decisions not forcing throws.

-Mason. Tre Mason can run and pass protect. He got over 100 on a top defense. Nuff said.

- The division. The Cardinals lost their QB and now Fitzgerald hurt his knee. The Rams left them off the hook inArizona. They won't in St. Louis.

The Niners continue to implode with disgruntled players, the latest being Ahmad Brooks removing himself from the game over splitting playing time.

The Hawks are not the same with the hands off WR rules being implemented and many key injuries, reportedly Wilson is not 'Black' enough for some teammates. The Rams know they can beat them.

- The big question is can 9 and 7 get the Rams a wild card birth

- The other big question may be, Am I nuts to think this is possible?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
We win out and we're 10-6. And, no, you're not nuts! I think this is very doable the way this team is now playing.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It's possible, but I have to think it's not too likely because for whatever reason, our consistency isn't there yet. Unfortunately, as fans we (and I'm including myself in this) way too easily start thinking everything is going to be sunshine and roses from here on out after a big win, just as we think everything is ruined forever and the Rams will never win another game after a big loss. I don't want to start thinking at this point that the playoffs are possible because I don't want to get mad when they don't happen.

Now that said, I absolutely positively hope I'm wrong and that I've reversed jinxed it with the above statement. ;)

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The Broncos offense are all pussies and cry babies. Same with their fan base. I have no idea why teams don't rough them up more often. Manning can't handle pressure at all. He was just throwing ducks at the first sign of pressure. Hit them hard and they collapse. Anyway, if we can handle Denver we can beat anyone. We will crush the Cardinals at home.

RamsesIII

UDFA
We haven't even won back to back games yet this year. Nevertheless, I found myself daydreaming about winning out.

anode8

Professional lurker, occasional poster.
Name
Ron
jim-mora.jpg

Let's get to.500 and then we can talk. I do like the defensive consistency these days, though.

RamzFanz

Damnit
While I believe 10-6 is a real possibility if Hill stays healthy, I don't think that gets the Rams the WC spot. Too many NFC teams with better records.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I think it all really depends on how they play in San Diego. This team needs to at least put two wins in a row together before we can really talk about playoffs. San Diego lost three in a row and then barely beat winless Oakland yesterday. If there was ever a time to play in San Diego, it's this week. This team can beat all of the teams left on their schedule. But will they start being more consistent? That's what we've all been waiting for

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, what concerns me is that the two WC teams are at 7-3.

Which means that 10-6 is a bit of a stretch. AND it means that even if we DO win out... which I like our chances, however slim... that we'd still finish with a better record than the winner of the NFC South who will be lucky to finish at 9-7.

I truly think that division winner will win at 8-8. And leave several teams above them in the overall standings outside the playoffs.

As a side note, THAT will be the straw that breaks the camel's back for expanded playoffs.

Cards and Rams in back to back years missing the playoffs at 10-6 while lower record division winners get in. Yep, that's my call...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Turns out those Dallas and Philly games may have buried us. One or both need to start losing so that only the division winner goes.

Win out and see who falls.
We just finished 3 out of 5 in the toughest part of our schedule.
It's exciting to know that we are becoming a very competitive team.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Even if the Rams run the table, I think we're on the outside... Only because the Cowboys, Packers and Eagles are playing well enough to not go 3-3.

Now, if we win out and one of them goes 3-3, then who knows what happens? Probably SF or Seattle because of their two game lead on us, but neither of them is playing great. We'll see.

I'd just be stoked to finish 10-6 knowing that we're in the same position for next year as the Cards were this year... and LOOK AT THE CARDS THIS YEAR....DOMINATING!

Oh...and our D looks to be better than theirs. Yeah...it's looking like a good time to get on the Rams Bus!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The sad thing is that the Rams could run the table, be 10-6 and miss the playoffs while a 6-10 NFC south team could host a playoff game. :palm:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
After we lost to ARZ , I knew/know that we are in too deep of a hole. Even winning out would not be enough. Alas, I'm loving what I'm seeing and we need to pick up where we left off next year and with Bradford.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Turns out those Dallas and Philly games may have buried us. One or both need to start losing so that only the division winner goes.

Win out and see who falls.
We just finished 3 out of 5 in the toughest part of our schedule.
It's exciting to know that we are becoming a very competitive team.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Plus there were winnable games that the refs aided the Rams in losing...Dallas and the first Niners game come to mind. Too bad it took, so long for the defense to get the system down. Also it is too bad that Fisher kept the Davis faith as long as he did. Use the hook before Arizona and maybe there is a different outcome....especially if the game changing Peterson INT never happens.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah I was thinking the same. Plus there were winnable games that the refs aided the Rams in losing...Dallas and the first Niners game come to mind. Too bad it took, so long for the defense to get the system down. Also it is too bad that Fisher kept the Davis faith as long as he did. Use the hook before Arizona and maybe there is a different outcome....especially if the game changing Peterson INT never happens.
The good news is that our defense has been consistently good the past few weeks. I believe it's here to stay.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well..... for me after watching yesterday's game it sure made me wonder what might have been had Hill not been hurt.

Too many what ifs but ever game down the stretch has more meaning after that win yesterday and it ain't over yet.

I only see 1 maybe gimme game for the Cards, the niners and hawks are both capable of imploding and Romo always sucks in December. So can it happen, it is certainly still mathematically possible.

Go Rams!

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Let's win the next 3 and get to 7-6 first. Then see where things stand before trying to contemplate playoff chances for this season. Just too many variables right now.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
@SD
OAK
@WAS
ARI
NYG
@SEA

I see at least 4 more wins if we continue the way we are playing. Just have to take it one game at a time and just worry about taking care of business. We can't overlook anyone. Not even the Raiders. Even if we don't make the playoffs, a winning record for the first time in over a decade would be a blessing.