Playoffs First Round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I know everyone sick about today's loss and I'm sure the players are sick about it. But no matter how much we hate it, we cannot undo it.

I believe the Rams will be able to take care of business next week. But I suspect the whiners or eagles might have enough to pull off and upset.

If there's any bright side to today, it's that Sean Peyton and the Saints are out because we lost (but yeah, I wanted this one badly)

If the whiners or eagles win, we don't play at Green Bay in the next round, assuming we win. And frankly, the whiners match up well with Green Bay.

I'd rather see the whiners lose and the Eagle beat Brady then we can only get Green Bay if it's the NFC championship.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I know everyone sick about today's loss and I'm sure the players are sick about it. But no matter how much we hate it, we cannot undo it.

I believe the Rams will be able to take care of business next week. But I suspect the whiners or eagles might have enough to pull off and upset.

If there's any bright side to today, it's that Sean Peyton and the Saints are out because we lost (but yeah, I wanted this one badly)

If the whiners or eagles win, we don't play at Green Bay in the next round, assuming we win. And frankly, the whiners match up well with Green Bay.

I'd rather see the whiners lose and the Eagle beat Brady then we can only get Green Bay if it's the NFC championship.
The best thing I can say about the game is that if we were going to lose-- and it would have been hard to sustain our winning streak through the Super Bowl-- better now than when it's one and done.

And, oh yeah, maybe there will be some adjustments on defense. And maybe the blocking will improve. And maybe our QB will stop throwing interceptions, or at least limit them to one a game. And maybe the coach will make some more rational play calling choices at crucial moments.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
There are def some similarities to last years Bucs and this years Rams. New QB in high powered offense that put up big numbers. Team (and QB) have terrible stretch mid season (Bradys and Bucs was actually worse than Stafford’s believe it or not). Both teams got hot at the end of the reg season. Both got their ass kicked by division rival twice in the regular season. Both won the division. Both will have had to win multiple road playoff games. Both teams had really really good D lines and questions in the secondary. Both have coaches that never won a ring before. And both teams are frighteningly thin because they mortgaged depth for talent at the top of the roster. The Bucs had some of the best injury luck in recent NFL history last year though. They never had to deal with losing someone like Robert Woods on O.

And Stafford (2021) and Brady (2020) have had spooky similar seasons . Stafford threw a few more picks than Brady did last year, but that’s it. Almost identical yards and TDs. And also, remember, Brady was fairly “meh” in the playoffs last year. Almost got knocked out by Taylor Heineke and WFT in round 1. Got outplayed by Rodgers in the NFCCG, but just made a couple timelier throws.

This team is in the dumps right now but you beat Arizona next Monday and then all it takes is a slow start from GB or TB on the road, and all of a sudden you are one half away from playing in the NFCCG. Teams worse than *this Rams team* have won the Super Bowl.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are def some similarities to last years Bucs and this years Rams. New QB in high powered offense that put up big numbers. Team (and QB) have terrible stretch mid season (Bradys and Bucs was actually worse than Stafford’s believe it or not). Both teams got hot at the end of the reg season. Both got their ass kicked by division rival twice in the regular season. Both won the division. Both will have had to win multiple road playoff games. Both teams had really really good D lines and questions in the secondary. Both have coaches that never won a ring before. And both teams are frighteningly thin because they mortgaged depth for talent at the top of the roster. The Bucs had some of the best injury luck in recent NFL history last year though. They never had to deal with losing someone like Robert Woods on O.

And Stafford (2021) and Brady (2020) have had spooky similar seasons . Stafford threw a few more picks than Brady did last year, but that’s it. Almost identical yards and TDs. And also, remember, Brady was fairly “meh” in the playoffs last year. Almost got knocked out by Taylor Heineke and WFT in round 1. Got outplayed by Rodgers in the NFCCG, but just made a couple timelier throws.

This team is in the dumps right now but you beat Arizona next Monday and then all it takes is a slow start from GB or TB on the road, and all of a sudden you are one half away from playing in the NFCCG. Teams worse than *this Rams team* have won the Super Bowl.

Not to poison the well but the Rams should have traded for Brady. He had 6 rings before he won with Tampa Bay. I know we're trying to be positive for the Rams and I bleed blue and white but Stafford will have to prove to me that he can win the big games.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Not to poison the well but the Rams should have traded for Brady. He had 6 rings before he won with Tampa Bay. I know we're trying to be positive for the Rams and I bleed blue and white but Stafford will have to prove to me that he can win the big games.
Worse teams than this Rams team have won Super Bowls with worse QBs than Stafford. All I’m saying.

The postseason is funny. Sometimes all it takes are a few drives for entire narratives to change.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Worse teams than this Rams team have won Super Bowls with worse QBs than Stafford. All I’m saying.

The postseason is funny. Sometimes all it takes are a few drives for entire narratives to change.
Agreed. And I will offer my most humble apology if I'm wrong but I don't see this as a magical year. I hope I'm dead wrong.

But teams that won with subpar QBs like the 2002 Bucs for example, their defense was so dominating that their offense didn't need to score a point to win that Super bowl. The 2001 Ravens were about as good.

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
I look at it this way. We aren't hurting as much as the Card fans are. They gave away the division title twice. My neighbors are seething mad at Kliff.

Some are saying the "Rams backed into the title" with the response "because Kliff backed the Cards out". Others are posting how they had 5 chances to lock up the division and lost those games. They are all saying that maybe they will get the Bad Stafford. Most are saying they will be one and done. Yeah, the Card fans are more miserable right now than Ram fans and everyone is pointing fingers at Kliff with some saying they should trade Kliff to McVay for a 7th round pick.