Playoffs always remind me of one thing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The rams should really be fortunate to have a fan base like ours. I was reading the broncos blog and they were livid an chanting for the heads of both manning and fox, saying thanks for their contributions but it's time to move on. What!? Four straight playoff appearances and. Super Bowl appearance really stings huh? Try missing .500 for a decade! We have the best fans in football. Nothing casual about us. Our time is coming too. I hope a little success doesn't make is forget the dark times.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
If we make the playoffs next year, I won't care if we lose 50-0 in the first round. Just being in that spotlight is good enough for me.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Stability with the coaching staff is really important if you want long term success. Look at the Cardinals and Giants in the MLB, their owners are patient with their management and they end up with consistent post-season berths once it all comes together. They will adapt accordingly if you keep them for good faith and continuity will perfect the minor flaws in the gameplan.

And then you have the Raiders and Browns, going through constant front office changes. Always going back to square one with nothing to build upon, you really want us to be in that situation?

A55VA6

Legend
If we make the playoffs next year, I won't care if we lose 50-0 in the first round. Just being in that spotlight is good enough for me.
Fore sure. I'd be disappointed, but considering where our team has been for the past decade, I think we'd all be content with just making the playoffs.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Meh...as a Ram fan I get what you are saying completely. However, when I think of the success of my baseball team I can understand the idea of setting the bar high and being overly disappointed when the team bows out of the playoffs.

Having said that...I don't understand what Fox could have done differently that makes anyone think he needs to go. But, although Manning is one of my all time favorite players I think it is fair to say that his age and injuries are showing definitive signs of catching up with him. I mean, he has figured out how to be successful even though he doesn't have the ability to throw darts anymore...but I think he is very limited when having to come from behind because of it.

I don't know if I'd be calling for anyones head, but I could see why it's being brought up.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stability with the coaching staff is really important if you want long term success. Look at the Cardinals and Giants in the MLB, their owners are patient with their management and they end up with consistent post-season berths once it all comes together. They will adapt accordingly if you keep them for good faith and continuity will perfect the minor flaws in the gameplan.

And then you have the Raiders and Browns, going through constant front office changes. Always going back to square one with nothing to build upon, you really want us to be in that situation?
I think you misunderstood what I was saying

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh...as a Ram fan I get what you are saying completely. However, when I think of the success of my baseball team I can understand the idea of setting the bar high and being overly disappointed when the team bows out of the playoffs.

Having said that...I don't understand what Fox could have done differently that makes anyone think he needs to go. But, although Manning is one of my all time favorite players I think it is fair to say that his age and injuries are showing definitive signs of catching up with him. I mean, he has figured out how to be successful even though he doesn't have the ability to throw darts anymore...but I think he is very limited when having to come from behind because of it.

I don't know if I'd be calling for anyones head, but I could see why it's being brought up.
I can agree but you have to read those comments. Maybe it's been too long since the rams have been good for me to know, but if they're baking playoff runs yearly in greatful

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That week before out first round game would be magical.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I was reading the broncos blog and they were livid an chanting for the heads of both manning and fox,

I couldn't believe the great Peyton Manning left the field listening to boos in what could possibly be his last game. Disgraceful!

I agree @Ram_Rally, The classy fans in St. Louis would have given the future HOF'er a well deserved standing ovation

Ramathon

I'd take Peyton off their hands for like a year rental

I began to wonder yesterday if we haven't seen the last of PM as a player. There were several seriously wounded ducks he threw yesterday.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he retires after this year.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Watching PM play now is an acute reminder of my own age. I'm a couple of years older than him, and I can definitely sympathize with that "in between-still good enough to play but not what you used to be" feeling. He's one of the greatest to ever play the game at any position. He should get out now before he takes a hit he can't come back from.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
It's a really weird deal in Denver. Manning has never been Mr. Postseason, so that's something to remember. Then there are still a LOT of fans with a bitter taste in their mouths after they dumped Tebow. And they'll still cite the fact that Tebow lead the team to the postseason and won a game.

You'd think making it to the big show would be enough for those fans, but there's still some grumbling about how Elway handled the team after coming in.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's a really weird deal in Denver. Manning has never been Mr. Postseason, so that's something to remember. Then there are still a LOT of fans with a bitter taste in their mouths after they dumped Tebow. And they'll still cite the fact that Tebow lead the team to the postseason and won a game.

You'd think making it to the big show would be enough for those fans, but there's still some grumbling about how Elway handled the team after coming in.

Tebow more followed than lead the Broncos to the playoffs. Elway was right to transition to a real offense. He just doesn't seem to have a plan beyond PM.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
All the playoffs remind me of is how much we sucked during the past decade. :palm:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The rams should really be fortunate to have a fan base like ours. I was reading the broncos blog and they were livid an chanting for the heads of both manning and fox, saying thanks for their contributions but it's time to move on. What!? Four straight playoff appearances and. Super Bowl appearance really stings huh? Try missing .500 for a decade! We have the best fans in football. Nothing casual about us. Our time is coming too. I hope a little success doesn't make is forget the dark times.

Those boards are full of morons. Bunch of cliche spouting, stat posting, overanalyzing people that take this game way too fucking seriously. I'm so glad ROD isn't like that.