Playoff Seeding Mid-Point Week 9

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Still a long way to go, but here is the current NFC Seeds.

Thank you KC!

47CBB1B0-C05D-4B38-B481-429FA237971A.jpeg

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The Seahawks are yielding 26 points/game. And they’ve got the toughest part of their schedule coming up. Wilson ain’t getting no room for error.

Their pass defense is especially dreadful. They can’t cover anybody.

Vikes lose to Mahomes backup. So much for their juggernaut defense.

We just need to play up to our talent level and we’ll win at least 6 of next 8 games. That will get us in the big dance. We need a strong start against Pittsburgh and Chicago, teams with subpar QBs. Get to 7-3. Then we need to go 4-2 down the stretch against Ravens, Dallas, Seahawks, Niners, and Cards. Don’t think finishing 3-3 is good enough.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Seahawks are yielding 26 points/game. And they’ve got the toughest part of their schedule coming up. Wilson ain’t getting no room for error.

Their pass defense is especially dreadful. They can’t cover anybody.

Vikes lose to Mahomes backup. So much for their juggernaut defense.

We just need to play up to our talent level and we’ll win at least 6 of next 8 games. That will get us in the big dance. We need a strong start against Pittsburgh and Chicago, teams with subpar QBs. Get to 7-3. Then we need to go 4-2 down the stretch against Ravens, Dallas, Seahawks, Niners, and Cards. Don’t think finishing 3-3 is good enough.

10-6 is almost always going to get a wild card spot Max.

I'd prefer winning out or getting in at 11-5 and a probable home game though.

I agree that SEA is about to get hit by the realities you mention.

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
10-6 is almost always going to get a wild card spot Max.

I'd prefer winning out or getting in at 11-5 and a probable home game though.

I agree that SEA is about to get hit by the realities you mention.

On average, a 10-6 misses the playoffs, roughly every 1.5 seasons. An 11-5 team has only missed the playoffs 2 times in NFL history.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

NFC playoff picture: Rams get very little help during Week 9 bye

The Los Angeles Rams were one of the few teams that sat idly by over the weekend, enjoying the time off in Week 9. They watched all three of their division foes take the field, as well as several other teams in the hunt in the very competitive NFC.

Looking at the standings and playoff picture, the Rams didn’t get much help in Week 9. They lost ground in the NFC West and remain on the outside looking in when it comes to the conference standings.

Here are the games that impacted the Rams in Week 9 while they were on their bye.
49ers beat Cardinals, 28-25

The week got off to a bad start when the Cardinals failed to upset the 49ers on Thursday night. They were in the game late and had a chance to give San Francisco its first loss, but the Cardinals simply couldn’t complete the comeback. The 49ers moved to 8-0 with the win, three games ahead of the Rams.
Seahawks beat Buccaneers, 40-34 (OT)

The Buccaneers nearly gave the Rams a lot of help, but they lost in overtime to the Seahawks in Seattle. That would’ve been a huge bonus for the Rams, moving them just a half-game behind the Seahawks in the NFC West.
Chiefs beat Vikings, 26-23

Here’s where the Rams got their only real help in the playoff picture. With the Matt Moore-led Chiefs beating the Vikings, the Rams are just a half-game behind Minnesota for a wild-card spot. With the 49ers up three games, Los Angeles’ clearest path to the playoffs is with a wild-card berth, so this was helpful.
Eagles beat Bears, 22-14

This game wouldn’t have had a major impact either way, but Philadelphia moving to 5-4 is worse for the Rams than Chicago possibly being 4-4, had it beaten the Eagles. Now, the Eagles are a half-game behind the Rams in the wild-card race, though Philly could take the NFC East lead if the Cowboys lose on Monday night.
Panthers beat Titans, 30-20

The Panthers just won’t go away, now sitting at 5-3 – tied with the Rams for the seventh seed right now. Los Angeles has the head-to-head tiebreaker, should it come to that, but the Rams would prefer to see Kyle Allen lose a few games.
Chargers beat Packers, 26-11

You could technically say this one helped the Rams, but the Packers are 7-2 and play in a different division. Any loss by an NFC contender is good at this point in the season, but this loss probably won’t have any playoff implications for the Rams.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
That 9ers strength of schedule is fucking laughable.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
That 9ers strength of schedule is fucking laughable.

Gotta give credit to that defense though, luckily form matters in football heading into the postseason so if equilibrium applies to them, they'll be running in fumes for a 1st round exit.

Realistically, I see us taking Seattle's wild card spot, that defense looks vulnerable moving into a tougher schedule.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
We need to be the Washington Nationals of the NFL, if you know what I mean.

you mean, rally around that stupid baby shark song? Cuz, I ain’t doing it.
CC7E8C18-0E4C-45CE-A387-531E396C21F5.jpeg

I’m thinking we tighten up on the O-line, and get healthy on defense, and we’ll be ok.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The 9ers, Packers, Seattle, and Vikings all have tough schedules coming up and play each other. Remember, the 9ers and Seahawks have to play each other twice, so one of those teams will take a few losses. We just have to do our job and things should shape up for us.