Playoff Predictor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
playoffpredictors.com

What? Too early?:whistle:

I had a bit of time during lunch and thought I’d play. Usually I wait until after Thanksgiving when the Rams are barely Mathematically alive. Then I contort all kinds of scenarios that are inconceivable until the next week when we get eliminated. (n)

But not this year! (y)

I played out the rest of the season. A few notable results:

• My TOTALLY realistic projections had the Cowgirls falling short of the playoffs, without Zeke. :LOL:
  • The Rams (shockingly) finish 14-2 and host the 13-3 Philly team in the NFC championship game. :sneaky:
  • The Steelers beat the Cheatriots setting up a revenge bowl for the good guys either way.
  • After beating the Iggles, the Rams go into Super Bowl 52 and spank Big Ben and company for our second SB title! :yay:
So. What do you got?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Steelers beat the Cheatriots setting up a revenge bowl for the good guys either way.
This^ revenge concept, really works for me!! And IF it's the Pats, I want to see Marshall Faulk Calling the Game!!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This^ revenge concept, really works for me!! And IF it's the Pats, I want to see Marshall Faulk Calling the Game!!
I like that we play virtually every playoff potential team this year to see where we stand against them before a playoff environment. Still a long way to go before we are in. (Cue: "One game at a time" bromide.)

But games against Philly, Dallas, Minnesota, New Orleans and Seattle, will really tell us a lot about this team.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Set my double helping of crow nearby 'cause I don't see 14-2...They can best all of those I just can't see them beating all of them.,I think the Iggles are a very, very tough game...Secondly, the Saints are very dangerous now that they seem to have their sieve of a defense seeming to have turned the corner somehow...

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Set my double helping of crow nearby 'cause I don't see 14-2...They can best all of those I just can't see them beating all of them.,I think the Iggles are a very, very tough game...Secondly, the Saints are very dangerous now that they seem to have their sieve of a defense seeming to have turned the corner somehow...

But Mikey. A boy can dream. Can’t he?

Seriously. I see a number of good games that may come down to the turnover battle, and remaining healthy.

Did you run through the playoff predictor? What did you come up with?

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I like that we play virtually every playoff potential team this year to see where we stand against them before a playoff environment. Still a long way to go before we are in. (Cue: "One game at a time" bromide.)

But games against Philly, Dallas, Minnesota, New Orleans and Seattle, will really tell us a lot about this team.
Could not agree with you more

Apologies to our resident “realist?” crowd

Tired of the seemingly countless Eagle/Wentz groupies... eff the Eagles, that game is still 4 weeks out..,but to me, it can’t arrive soon enough

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Speaking of playoff predictors, It seems clear to me that the West is the Rams or Scabs...A win for Az tonight would be huge for the Rams...I love it, but Az just got the benefit of every call on Earth in their TD "drive "...

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Speaking of playoff predictors, It seems clear to me that the West is the Rams or Scabs...A win for Az tonight would be huge for the Rams...I love it, but Az just got the benefit of every call on Earth in their TD "drive "...
Yeah but did you see that turd Michael Bennett get away with a WAY late hit on Stanton on a critical third down play?

Why does he get away with crap?

A55VA6

Legend
Looking at our schedule, I'm seeing maybe 2 or 3 losses simply because we've got some tough teams and a couple are bound to get us. I'm thinking Saints and Eagles. Vikes and Hawks are possible, but I think Rams will win those games. Anything can happen though.

I think Rams finish 12-4 or 11-5.
Playoffs.
Thoughts?

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Looking at our schedule, I'm seeing maybe 2 or 3 losses simply because we've got some tough teams and a couple are bound to get us. I'm thinking Saints and Eagles. Vikes and Hawks are possible, but I think Rams will win those games. Anything can happen though.

I think Rams finish 12-4 or 11-5.
Playoffs.
Thoughts?
I think any of those games can go either way. Throw in the Titans game and we may split those. Maybe 3-2 with those teams. Although I look at any one game and I say, “Rams win”. So it is hard for me to look at the way Coach Mac is orchestrating this season and think we do worse than 12-4.

Let’s start with Sunday.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
playoffpredictors.com

I had a bit of time during lunch and thought I’d play. Usually I wait until after Thanksgiving when the Rams are barely Mathematically alive. Then I contort all kinds of scenarios that are inconceivable until the next week when we get eliminated. (n)

But not this year! (y)

• My TOTALLY realistic projections had the Cowgirls falling short of the playoffs, without Zeke. :LOL:
  • The Rams (shockingly) finish 14-2 and host the 13-3 Philly team in the NFC championship game. :sneaky:
  • The Steelers beat the Cheatriots setting up a revenge bowl for the good guys either way.
  • After beating the Iggles, the Rams go into Super Bowl 52 and spank Big Ben and company for our second SB title! :yay:
So. What do you got?
I might give a right nut to see that happen.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Too soon

Lets finish 14-2 first....

Other hopefuls....New Orleans, Philly, Panthers, and those damn Seahawks.

I actually think Dallas will do ok with Zeke out...Makes Dak grow up faster.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I could see an 11-5 or 12-4 record based upon what we’ve seen so far.

Yeah, many tough games coming up, but here’s my reasoning...

We are at least as talented as any team left on our schedule.

We are at least as well coached as any team left on our schedule.

We have already established a 6-2 record in the first half which projects out to a 12-4 final record.

We are actually improving each week, so who knows yet how high is our ceiling?

We play well on the road and that might be the difference maker in a close playoff game.

Finally, we are currently amazingly healthy as a team. If that continues...

Honestly, I like our chances as much, or more, than ANY other NFC team. The Eagles are the biggest obstacle in our path right now, I believe. And now they have some key injuries to deal with.

Anyway, that’s my take.

A55VA6

Legend
I think any of those games can go either way. Throw in the Titans game and we may split those. Maybe 3-2 with those teams. Although I look at any one game and I say, “Rams win”. So it is hard for me to look at the way Coach Mac is orchestrating this season and think we do worse than 12-4.

Let’s start with Sunday.
I agree. I'm slightly nervous we might pick up a few losses because these games really can go either way. I really feel like we can beat any team right now, but like McVay says; you can get humbled very quickly in the NFL... Take it 1 day, 1 game at a time.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
playoffpredictors.com

But not this year! (y)

So. What do you got?

I did it and this is what I got.

AFC
1) Steelers
2) Chiefs
3) Jaguars
4) Patriots
5) Bengals
6) Bills

WC Weekend: 3) Jags over 6) Bills. 4) Patriots over 5) Bengals.
Divisional Round: 3) Jags over 2) Chiefs. 1) Steelers over 4) Patriots.
AFC Champ Round: 1) Steelers over 3) Jags.
AFC Champs: Steelers

NFC
1) Rams
2) Eagles
3) Saints
4) Vikings
5) Washington
6) Panthers

WC Weekend: 3) Saints over 6) Panthers. 4) Vikings over 5) Washington
Divisional Round: 2) Eagles over 3) Saints. 1) Rams over 4) Vikings.
NFC Champ Round: 1) Rams over 2) Eagles.
NFC Champs: Rams

Super Bowl Champs: Rams over Steelers.

When I actually go through each game, I know I was slightly homering for the Rams, but only slightly. The only game that I may have shaded too much is the reg season game between the Rams and Eagles.

I'm totally open to this being a dream season...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I agree. I'm slightly nervous we might pick up a few losses because these games really can go either way. I really feel like we can beat any team right now, but like McVay says; you can get humbled very quickly in the NFL... Take it 1 day, 1 game at a time.

I will say that if we blow out the Texans... the bandwagon is gonna start looking like a Train to Mumbai...

Rams Victory Bandwagon Train:
tbc5f4b_traininindia3.jpg

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Super Bowl Champs: Rams over Steelers.

When I actually go through each game, I know I was slightly homering for the Rams, but only slightly. The only game that I may have shaded too much is the reg season game between the Rams and Eagles.

I'm totally open to this being a dream season...

Yeah. Obviously every game isn't going to go exactly as we see it. I threw in a few upsets. You must have the Bungles really coming around to make a wild card? Otherwise my picks were close to yours. Almost the same in the NFC. I'll probably go back and do it again in a couple weeks....oh, who am I kidding? I'll go back to the well later tonight after todays games. :)

I will say that if we blow out the Texans... the bandwagon is gonna start looking like a Train to Mumbai...

Rams Victory Bandwagon Train:
tbc5f4b_traininindia3.jpg

That pic is hilarious, though sad, too.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Replayed the www.playoffpredictors.com

Rams won again. :)

This time they beat the cheaters. It's getting more interesting in the final five weeks. My seedings:

AFC

1. Pitt.
  2. N.E.
  3. Jax
  4. K.C.
  5. Tenn.
  6. Balt.
AFC Champ: N.E. over Pitt

NFC
  1. LA (13-3)
  2. Phil (13-3)
  3. Minn (12-4)
  4. NO (12-4)
  5. ATL (11-5)
  6. GB (10-6)
NFC Champ: LA over Phil.

Super Bowl: Rams avenge Super Bowl XXXVI with a 33-27 win over Brady and the Cheatriots!!! :yess:

:yay:It can totally happen!!:yay:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going into this part of the season I felt like we needed to win 2 of the 4 games vs Minnesota, New Orleans, Seattle, and Philadelphia. We have played two of those games and are 1-1, which is a real nice indicator for right now against legitimate playoff teams we will be facing this year if we get in.

Now, we did get a break of sorts vs New Orleans in that they didn't have Lattimore, who has had enormous impact on their defense, as well as their other starting CB. But a win's a win and most importantly our defense put their offense in a stranglehold which is absolutely huge for us going forward.

We still gotta win 1 of those 2 games now IMO. If not, it's going to be a bad indicator for our playoff experience, but also it might hurt us in winning the division in the event Seattle gets hot. Winning one of those two plus taking care of business in the others puts us at respectable vs the NFC field and more importantly makes it extremely difficult for Seattle to catch us in the standings. And if they manage to win both, well, then you're probably talkin guys getting to rest in the last game of the season and us being in the mix for a bye maybe. Damn that would be nice.