Playoff picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
iced said:
well i'm 2-1 for my picks with 1 game to go.. sucks, the green bay screwed me - otherwise i could be looking at $1200

:shock:

Bummer!

Point spread?

iced

CGI_Ram said:
iced said:
well i'm 2-1 for my picks with 1 game to go.. sucks, the green bay screwed me - otherwise i could be looking at $1200

:shock:

Bummer!

Point spread?

Yep, I went 3-1.. Damnit!

I picked Ravens (+10), Seattle (+2.5), New England (-10), Greenbay (+3).

Only missed on Greenbay

iced

Spreads - Patriots favored by 8, niners favored by 4.

My picks:

Both teams to beat their spreads.

But more importantly, I honestly think the Ravens will win as well as the Falcons.

Why? -

Ravens: Patriots pass defense is not only garbage, it's almost embarrassing. Flacco seems to play efficiently or well enough in playoff games to win the game. No, I am not counting his touch down to jacoby jones vs the broncos when I say that. I am thinking of throws like to Dennis Pitta on 3rd and 10 from his own endzone that was right on the money. But you know what really stood out to me in that game, especially after just watching the playbook segment on it? Brady had ALL DAY to throw. And that ravens defense was pretty injured. I don't see Brady having that kind of time, and considering the Ravens were only a FG away last year.. I see Ray Lewis's last game and inspiring this team enough to possibly pull it out. Wouldn't be shocked to see it a last second field goal that decides this.

Falcons: Consider the division they play in and the teams they've played. The Falcons have already played the Seahawks, a read option team. Who else ran the read option? The Panthers - a division rival. This is also a defense ran by a credible DC in Mike Nolan (Whom also drafted over 10 of the current players on Niners roster, so there's familiarity of their abilities),whom was able to pick off peyton manning 3x earlier this season. I don't foresee them having issues with Kaepernick like the Packers did (which is also decimated by injuries, in particular at the linebacker spot). I think Matt Ryan will test that pass defense and possibly have a field day with it. The Niners D hasn't been quite as strong toward the end of the season - there's not much to have a whole lot of faith in it against one of the best pass offenses in the nfl. Carlos rodgers at times also appears to struggle against fast or quick receivers (like danny amendola) - I could foresee Julio jones having a big day here. The niiners have also had trouble with power backs (i think it was a niners player who admitted as such, and he named steven jackson as one of them)

Caution: While I have had these thoughts and picks before, I would like to throw out the disclaimer I have had a fair amount of Johnny Walker. Cheers! lol :cool:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Okay I'm going Thomas Paine here...Some good old fashion common sense.

49ers...Now history showcases you always take a home dog and maybe just maybe the Falcons got the monkey of their back and now will be able to play not so uptight, but the Falcons don't pass the eye test. IMO you beat the 49ers by being more physical then they are you punch the bully in the mouth and that's how the Rams beat them twice (and yes they beat them twice). I like Turner, but the Falcons do not stick with the run enough and if Sean Weatherspoon can't tackle Wilson he'll never be able to handle Kaepernick.... San Francisco 34....Atlanta 20...And God I hope I am wrong.

Patriots....Ravens cannot beat them, yes they did it once, but not with so much on the line the AFC Championship game. New England is much better running the football and Ridley plus Vereen (he was great in Roots) along with that man named Brady will be too much for Ray Lewis and the Gray Beards and after the game Ray Lewis will look old....New England 31....Baltimore 23....And I hope I am wrong on this too.

Being a Ram fan has not been easy over the years as many of you know and the good lord is going to challenge me some more making me watch a Super Bowl between the Patriots & 49ers and I will root for the Patriots because the 49ers have never lost a Super Bowl and if Jim Harbaugh loses maybe he will turn into Mike Martz and lose his mo-jo. Plus IMO the only team that can beat the 49ers are those damn Patriots IMO. I sure hope I am wrong and birds of a feather flock together.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
den-the-coach said:
Okay I'm going Thomas Paine here...Some good old fashion common sense.

49ers...Now history showcases you always take a home dog and maybe just maybe the Falcons got the monkey of their back and now will be able to play not so uptight, but the Falcons don't pass the eye test. IMO you beat the 49ers by being more physical then they are you punch the bully in the mouth and that's how the Rams beat them twice (and yes they beat them twice). I like Turner, but the Falcons do not stick with the run enough and if Sean Weatherspoon can't tackle Wilson he'll never be able to handle Kaepernick.... San Francisco 34....Atlanta 20...And God I hope I am wrong.

Patriots....Ravens cannot beat them, yes they did it once, but not with so much on the line the AFC Championship game. New England is much better running the football and Ridley plus Vereen (he was great in Roots) along with that man named Brady will be too much for Ray Lewis and the Gray Beards and after the game Ray Lewis will look old....New England 31....Baltimore 23....And I hope I am wrong on this too.

Being a Ram fan has not been easy over the years as many of you know and the good lord is going to challenge me some more making me watch a Super Bowl between the Patriots & 49ers and I will root for the Patriots because the 49ers have never lost a Super Bowl and if Jim Harbaugh loses maybe he will turn into Mike Martz and lose his mo-jo. Plus IMO the only team that can beat the 49ers are those damn Patriots IMO. I sure hope I am wrong and birds of a feather flock together.

I worry you are right. I think most NFL fans agree with this outcome.

If I had to predict an upset; the best chance is Ravens over Pats.

ATL vs SF feels like Pats vs HOU. No chance for ATL.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

iced

iced said:
Falcons: - I could foresee Julio jones having a big day here.

46 yard TD to Julio Jones on first drive.... Wish I could predict the lotto.

edit: 123 Yards 2 Td's for Jones at the start of 2nd quarter.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iced said:
iced said:

5 catches, 100 yards (already).

Nice job. :nice:

iced

X said:
iced said:
iced said:

5 catches, 100 yards (already).

Nice job. :nice:

Thx. I made the post when they were reviewing the 2nd td but I knew it was good :)