Playoff Experience

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
As I was looking over the expected Rams roster and got to day dreaming about STL hosting the NFC Championship game.

What is the locker room going to be like come playoff time? Who has been there before?

Its a pretty short list ....

Scott Wells has a Super Bowl Ring.

Jo-Lonn Dunbar has a Super Bowl Ring (his rookie year)

Jake Long has played in one playoff game (his rookie year)

William Hayes has played in one playoff game (his rookie year)

Shaun Hill has one playoff game as a backup (Det) and I believe was on the PS for Minnesota during a playoff run.

Unless I am missing someone - that is it.

Kind of makes you think this group would be hungry, doesn't it? Think about how hard a guy like Chris Long has worked - and he has never been to the playoffs.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Playoff experience matters, if we make it, it could be ugly. However the experience gained will be huge going into the future.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
What was Seattle's playoff experience last year?

I think it's more about the coaches keeping the players focused more than anything.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What experience did the Hags have?

What was Seattle's playoff experience last year?

They were in the playoffs in 2010 and 2012 before last year. So , some.

I'm not saying that the Rams are doomed because of lack of playoff experience - it may even be a plus in some aspects. I was just surprised how little playoff experience they actually had on the roster when I went to look at it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They were in the playoffs in 2010 and 2012 before last year. So , some.

I'm not saying that the Rams are doomed because of lack of playoff experience - it may even be a plus in some aspects. I was just surprised how little playoff experience they actually had on the roster when I went to look at it.

Probably shouldn't be though. Youngest roster in the league with that much turn over on a team that hasn't been to the post season in .... Now I'm depressed.

Anyway, I think there will be some hungry players mainly because we have been in some very big games and by losing them, it put us out of the playoffs. Our team knows it can be very good and play with any team in the league. And I agree that it then becomes up to the coaches to keep the team focused and moving forward.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
The 99 Rams team did not have lot of playoff experience either but they went all the way. By contrast the 2001 team was better on paper and had a lot more experience but lost in the Super Bowl.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
You are forgetting a couple guys in the playoff experience category.

Jeff Fisher, lots of playoff experience, AFC championship, superbowl appearance.

Greg Williams lots of playoff experience, superbowl championship.

Brian Shottenheimer AFC championship appearances in NY, etc.

Those guys have plenty.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
You are forgetting a couple guys in the playoff experience category.

Jeff Fisher, lots of playoff experience, AFC championship, superbowl appearance.

Greg Williams lots of playoff experience, superbowl championship.

Brian Shottenheimer AFC championship appearances in NY, etc.

Those guys have plenty.

I was just about to say that I think playoff experience matters more for coaches than players. If a coach can prepare his team properly for the playoffs they should be in shape. This wouldn't be Jeff Fisher's first playoff match.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
As I was looking over the expected Rams roster and got to day dreaming about STL hosting the NFC Championship game.

What is the locker room going to be like come playoff time? Who has been there before?

Its a pretty short list ....

Scott Wells has a Super Bowl Ring.

Jo-Lonn Dunbar has a Super Bowl Ring (his rookie year)

Jake Long has played in one playoff game (his rookie year)

William Hayes has played in one playoff game (his rookie year)

Shaun Hill has one playoff game as a backup (Det) and I believe was on the PS for Minnesota during a playoff run.

Unless I am missing someone - that is it.

Kind of makes you think this group would be hungry, doesn't it? Think about how hard a guy like Chris Long has worked - and he has never been to the playoffs.

Langford 2008.
Davin Joseph 2007.
Travis Bond 2013.

So we have some players that have been to the playoffs before. Teams without playoff experience make deep runs all the time. We will be fine, because our coaches are experienced playoff and Super Bowl veterans.

VARam

Only four players from the 99 team had any playoff experience:

Faulk- 1995 and 96 AFC playoffs with the Colts.

Timmerman- 1995-98 including two Super Bowl appearances with Green Bay.

LB Todd Collins- 1996 AFC playoffs and Super Bowl with New England

DB Devin Bush- 1998 NFC playoffs and Super Bowl with Atlanta

Last edited by a moderator:

VARam

Coaches from 99:

Vermeil- 1980 with Philly and Jim Hanifan ( 1991 Champion Redskins)