Playoff experience matters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If X amount of players who have actually played the game and been to the playoffs say experience matters, i think its a bit silly for us to argue the matter.

It's a debate I heard all around television and on these boards a little.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
It's a debate I heard all around television and on these boards a little.
I understand that, but we also hear players, past and present, say it does matter. Who's advise are you going to take? Us armchair qbs or people who were actually there?

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I understand that, but we also hear players, past and present, say it does matter. Who's advise are you going to take? Us armchair qbs or people who were actually there?

Yeah I'm saying it does matter. And the players are definitely a solid source for that idea.

So I agree with you :p but it is an opinion in the end.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well you realize that the Rams defense was on the field for most of the first half tho right ? They almost put in as many minutes in the first half as they do in an entire game. They were gassed and it showed.
upload_2018-1-8_23-27-1.png

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/57491/LA_Gamebook.pdf

If you told me going into the 4th quarter they were gassed (and they def. were) because of the 3rd, sure I could be that. It was like a 4 minute difference in the first half, maybe a possession difference, and I'm not buying that for highly skilled and conditioned athletes.

Saints have about 10 players that have been in playoff games. Mostly FAs from other teams. Tedd Ginn etc etc.
Brees is the big one, he's the oil that helps that machine run. Goff is an essential rookie because last year was a Mulligan Imo.

I'll give you Tedd Ginn and Max Unger along with the 4 I mentioned earlier. That's what, 7 important players? I don't count guys like Mike Hoomanuwani or that ST player that everyone thought his wife or girlfriend was giving birth.

The Rams had 5 or 6 on their own, so they had the experience too.

If you rewatch the game take a look at how we were playing. Look at the body language and how it looked like our defense hit that adrenaline wall that inexperienced players get in big games.

In the first half the O regained the momentum, and the D had rest + the somewhat extended halftime. They come out and get sliced drive after drive on defense. That's not inexperience, that's inability to execute.

The saints have a coach and a qb that have won a super bowl.. .and 10 or so players that have playoff experience.

IDK, that QB and coach combo damn near gave away the game yesterday, too. And again, it may be 10 total but about even with the Rams as far as significant contributors.

Angry, boss your opinion comes from a good place - but your concept of what experienced is doesn't calculate.

I don't agree, especially when the Titans come from behind and Minnesota favored with a QB with no playoff experience.

I don't think if the Rams played in a wild card game last year they would've suddenly won Saturday if they played like they did. Stop the run, they did not.