Playing to Win

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I was playing with the kids yesterday and have only seen Seacock game highlights. But, what struck me most about yesterday, as opposed to every other game we've played this year, is that we played to win rather than playing not to lose. The team yesterday took risks when they presented themselves. They played aggressive across all aspects of the game. No opportunity to take and/or maintain control seem to be squandered.

I've seen several posts in the forum regarding Fisher's tendency to play passive at the close of the 1st half. And I have to wonder if the coaching staff did not take note of their own tendencies this week. Fisher said in his post-game locker room speech that the team did whatever it took to win. Well, I'm left wondering if the coaching staff realized this week that they were leaving opportunities to win on the playing field, and that this approach was simply not working.

If my hunch is accurate, I expect to witness a much more aggressive and opportunistic team in the forthcoming weeks. If that's the case, they'll certainly get my attention again, even if they lose some of those gambles.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I hope you are right. Aggressive and oppportunistic is good entertainment regardless of how it works out. Of course it's a lot more fun when it works out our way. Go RAMS!!!!!!!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I don't know if they "self analyzed" or just admitted to themselves that our group wasn't going to keep up on their own and the coaching staff might need to be a bit more aggressive to fill in the blanks.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know if they "self analyzed" or just admitted to themselves that our group wasn't going to keep up on their own and the coaching staff might need to be a bit more aggressive to fill in the blanks.
it shows a level of introspection that I can respect. i hope they keep it up.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
They did get a little conservative on one drive. Ram it up the middle then when right back to it. A punt insued as well as my loud remarks to Schotty for going a little soft. He didn't do it again, though.