Players stricken with flu | Fire alarm pulled Steelers hotel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bruce2980

Starter
Pretty sure this happens in all sports everywhere. Non-story.
Sure, but in this case the media failed to report that Brady was the driver of the getaway car. Only the pulling of the alarm was reported to enable copy cats in the future.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The Steelers had their night of sleep interrupted early on Sunday morning by a fire alarm.

Alarms began going off at the hotel where the team is staying ahead of Sunday evening’s AFC Championship Game around 3 a.m. and Rich Walsh of KDKA reports that the entire building had to be evacuated while the fire department responded. The ringing continued for 30 minutes before everyone was allowed back to their rooms.
I guess Mike Tomlin was correct, dudes pulling fire alarms at 3am? They are some assholes.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, this gives Mike Tomlin plenty of fodder before his game time speech, hopefully, Antonio Brown won't Snapchat or Facegram about it.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
These are the same assholes who insist the pats never cheat and that they dont have to. For the last 20 years I've thought raider fans were the worst, with new England not far behind. We now have a new number one.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...great-game-while-recovering-from-stomach-bug/

Kyle Shanahan called a great game, while recovering from stomach bug
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 23, 2017

What the Falcons’ offense did to the Packers yesterday was sick.

As it turns out, so was the guy calling the plays.

According to Tom Pelissero of USA Today, Falcons coordinator Kyle Shanahan came down with a stomach bug 48 hours before his team hung 44 points on Green Bay in the NFC Championship Game, making it a sitting down version of the Jordan flu game.

“My kids had it all week. I knew it was coming,” Shanahan said. “Then I made it to Friday, so I thought I was going to be all right, and it happened in the middle of the night on Friday. I’m already skinny as it is, and now I’m way too skinny.

“Fortunately, I get to sit in a chair and just call plays. I don’t have to play football, thank goodness. When the players hear that, they’ll probably think I’m being very high-maintenance, but you want your brain clear at least to call the plays.”

Shanahan had to take intravenous fluids Saturday and Sunday to be ready, but if he was something less than sharp, it was hard to tell. The Falcons racked up 493 yards and converted 10-of-13 third downs, scoring on seven of their first eight drives.

And now, Shanahan has a week to meet with the 49ers about their head coaching job he’s expected to take. Though that might feel like a bit of an aftershock, after the weekend he just had.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m drunk. I’m stupid. I’m a Pats fan,” - and there you go. :mrburns:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...arm-at-steelers-hotel-told-cops-he-was-drunk/

Pats fan who pulled alarm at Steelers hotel told cops he was drunk
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 23, 2017

461293764.jpg
Getty Images

Well, this one is pretty much as expected, but it’s worth entering into the record simply because it’s one of the most to-the-point quotes ever.

According to Cristela Guerra of the Boston Globe, the man who was arrested for pulling a fire alarm at the Steelers hotel Sunday morning told State Police he had a motive.

I’m drunk. I’m stupid. I’m a Pats fan,” Dennis Harrison told State Police, according to the report filed for his arrest for disturbing the peace and setting off a false fire alarm.

He pleaded not guilty in court this morning, and was released on personal recognizance.

The police report said Harrison was at a party in Revere when he was dared to pull off the stunt. That, and apparently a snoot-full was all he needed to get a ride to the hotel and find an alarm.

His genius plan was foiled when his getaway car bolted, and he began to walk away. When cops approached him, he said he was waiting for an Uber to pick him up, before admitting he had not. He then spilled the beans.

“Harrison informed me that he knowingly and willingly activated the fire alarm system with the sole purpose of attempting to disrupt the Pittsburgh Steelers football team,” Trooper Bryan Erickson wrote, adding that Harrison “expressed regret over committing the prank.’’

Considering the Patriots won, it’s reasonable to wonder whether his remorse is genuine. Or whether his hangover has subsided.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Of fucking course he was partying in Revere. This is a part of Boston where a violent brawl broke out on Mother's Day a couple of years ago.

And of fucking course he's from Eastie.

Jayzus kehd, that was wicked stoopid of ya.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If this had happened to the Patriots rather than the Steelers, it would be a death penalty trial.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The first offense of pulling a fire alarm without cause is a misdemeanor. Repeat offenders can face felony charges. However, the first offense may result in felony charges if the prank results in injury or property damage. Pulling a fire alarm inside of a building such as a school, an office building, hotel, etc. could have serious consequences. If the offender is charged with culpable negligence, each person present in that building counts as a charge of negligence. For example, if someone pulls a fire alarm in a hotel with 200 occupants, that perpetrator potentially faces up to 200 counts of culpable negligence.