Players drafted by the rams on the current roster, Love Snead !

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Looking at this roster, it is very cool to see that almost all of our starters are guys that were drafted or picked up as undrafted free agents by the rams, not a lot of teams are built like that but I love how ours is. I think these guys are really coming together and maturing together definitely helps.

DEFENSE: Quinn, Brockers, Donald, Ogletree, Truu, Gaines, Joyner, Roberson, Mcdonald, Alexander, Cody Davis, all of these guys have only played for the rams.
OFFENSE: Goff, Gurley, Cunningham, Austin, Quick, Cooper, Thomas, Kendricks, Higbee, G-Rob, Havenstein, Brown, Saffold , all of these guys have only played for the rams.

Not too long ago the rams were always a bunch of guys put together that didn't jell, or a bunch of young guys that didn't work out. Since Fisher and Snead took over this team has been built the right way and has a lot of young building blocks . Seasons almost here and I'm getting pumped !! if the young guys perform to their talent level this team has a chance to be very good.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good point.

Other than UDFA... How many free agents (signed from other teams after their contracts expired) are on this team?

William Hayes
Akeem Ayers
Kenny Britt
Coty Sensabaugh

I might have missed others. It's not a big list.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And this is part of the reason that I am not so quick to want Fisher gone, unlike some Rams fans. He and Snead are a good team and it isn't as if Fisher isn't trying to win. He made some coaching changes and with the current players this team looks like it could be good for a long time. Fisher said he wanted to build a team through the draft and that was going to take time. We just need to see what he does with hit when all of the pieces are in place.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's the point of this topic, I think these guys don't get enough credit. They have built one of the youngest and most talented teams in the league. The time between the greatest show on turf and Fisher coming to town was just horrible and I will never hate on current management because they started from the bottom, built a new competitive team and even moved to LA to give the franchise more power. I remember watching an hour of sports center just to see a 20 second rams highlight, now they are all over nfl channel and that is just awesome !

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Good point.

Other than UDFA... How many free agents (signed from other teams after their contracts expired) are on this team?

William Hayes
Akeem Ayers
Kenny Britt
Coty Sensabaugh

I might have missed others. It's not a big list.

Crazy considering our recent history.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Looking at this roster, it is very cool to see that almost all of our starters are guys that were drafted or picked up as undrafted free agents by the rams, not a lot of teams are built like that but I love how ours is. I think these guys are really coming together and maturing together definitely helps.

DEFENSE: Quinn, Brockers, Donald, Ogletree, Truu, Gaines, Joyner, Roberson, Mcdonald, Alexander, Cody Davis, all of these guys have only played for the rams.
OFFENSE: Goff, Gurley, Cunningham, Austin, Quick, Cooper, Thomas, Kendricks, Higbee, G-Rob, Havenstein, Brown, Saffold , all of these guys have only played for the rams.

Not too long ago the rams were always a bunch of guys put together that didn't jell, or a bunch of young guys that didn't work out. Since Fisher and Snead took over this team has been built the right way and has a lot of young building blocks . Seasons almost here and I'm getting pumped !! if the young guys perform to their talent level this team has a chance to be very good.

Nice job on this post and it's worth repeating for the "fire Fisher" guys who want him gone.

The alternative is going back to what we had before most likely. No thanks on that!!!

As I have said........what coach could pull of 13 wins in two seasons with a super difficult schedule and playing with 2nd and 3rd string QB's? It's a testament to Fisher and Snead both.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Nice job on this post and it's worth repeating for the "fire Fisher" guys who want him gone.

The alternative is going back to what we had before most likely. No thanks on that!!!

As I have said........what coach could pull of 13 wins in two seasons with a super difficult schedule and playing with 2nd and 3rd string QB's? It's a testament to Fisher and Snead both.

Imagine this team in any other division in the NFC, might of been a playoff contender last season, not to make excuses but this team had to play Arizona and Seattle 2 times last year when they were both top 5 teams, this year they both might even be better. This team has a rough schedule every year due to our division but still stays competitive.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
And this is part of the reason that I am not so quick to want Fisher gone, unlike some Rams fans. He and Snead are a good team and it isn't as if Fisher isn't trying to win. He made some coaching changes and with the current players this team looks like it could be good for a long time. Fisher said he wanted to build a team through the draft and that was going to take time. We just need to see what he does with hit when all of the pieces are in place.

I know some people want Fisher gone. They're tired of waiting for the the winning to come. They're much better than before he arrived, but at some point you gotta start winning. I can understand where they're coming from.

They say he's acquired more talent than his predecessors. But why haven't they won with that? What good does all that talent do?

IMO, there is one main reason they haven't won with that talent. The quarterback. I honestly believe we were a quarterback away from a winning season and possible double digit wins. Better quarterback play coulda easily won games against the Steelers, Vikings, Ravens and 49ers. That alone woulda made it 11 wins. Those were all close, winnable games. Heck, our defense held the vaunted Steelers offense to 4 field goals. All the offense needed was one measly touchdown. All they could muster was 2 field goals.

So now they addressed that quarterback position. They just need time to coach him up and see if he's gonna be that guy they think he'll be. They've had tough luck with that position. Bradford lost almost two seasons to injury. Foles just totally fell apart. No one saw that coming. We didn't expect a pro bowl season but dang, who thought he would play as bad as he did?

Keenum is a career backup. Can manage a couple games enough to let the rest of the team win it. But you need a real quarterback for a whole season. Is Goff that guy? I hope so. I've seen enough on tape to be encouraged. I was a Wentz guy until I saw some tape on both. Goff was the right choice.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I know some people want Fisher gone. They're tired of waiting for the the winning to come. They're much better than before he arrived, but at some point you gotta start winning. I can understand where they're coming from.

They say he's acquired more talent than his predecessors. But why haven't they won with that? What good does all that talent do?

IMO, there is one main reason they haven't won with that talent. The quarterback. I honestly believe we were a quarterback away from a winning season and possible double digit wins. Better quarterback play coulda easily won games against the Steelers, Vikings, Ravens and 49ers. That alone woulda made it 11 wins. Those were all close, winnable games. Heck, our defense held the vaunted Steelers offense to 4 field goals. All the offense needed was one measly touchdown. All they could muster was 2 field goals.

So now they addressed that quarterback position. They just need time to coach him up and see if he's gonna be that guy they think he'll be. They've had tough luck with that position. Bradford lost almost two seasons to injury. Foles just totally fell apart. No one saw that coming. We didn't expect a pro bowl season but dang, who thought he would play as bad as he did?

Keenum is a career backup. Can manage a couple games enough to let the rest of the team win it. But you need a real quarterback for a whole season. Is Goff that guy? I hope so. I've seen enough on tape to be encouraged. I was a Wentz guy until I saw some tape on both. Goff was the right choice.

Agreed the team has enough talent to succeed but you need that QB that can put up a TD when you desperately need it. I was pro Wentz myself because I think he fit better as a big runner, but watching Goff has made me realize they made the right pick, the guy is amazing at making reads and is a fast decision maker, that's what our offense needed to get the ball to playmakers. I am very pro Fisher but your right on the fact that now they have everything in place and its time for results !

Rams43

Hall of Fame
First of all, very nice OP, Adi.

S&F have clearly done a fine job of upgrading the roster. Kudos!

But the "fire Fisher" thing? I think that's unfair, TBH. At least when it comes to me.

I'm in the "replace Fisher because he hasn't converted the talent into more wins" camp. There IS a difference.

Obviously, Kroenke decided to give Fisher his 5th year. Just as obviously, it appears that Kroenke considers this to be Fisher's prove it year.

I've accepted that and am pulling for Fisher's success just as hard as anyone, now. I'm a Ram fan, after all.

Fisher needs to win games this year. Certainly more than he loses. It's just that simple. Playoffs would mean a ton to me.

But if he doesn't post a winning season with THIS roster? C'mon...

Then he's gotta be outta here. Wouldn't be personal, at all. Strictly business. There would not be a single HC candidate out there that wouldn't JUMP at the chance to take over this roster.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Agreed....I happened across an old tst post about the 2009 offensive depth chart...best player? Richie Incognito....Geez, the talent....Well SJ#39 was still there, but was clearly on the downhill of a great career...But the line...the wrs...the TE's ....man...have things changed.
I was a Wentz guy
Still a Wentz guy...durability issues with Goff...Not talent...Both appear very talented.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Yep. Without a good QB a talented team is not going to succeed. Before Russell Wilson the Seahawks were a 8-9 win team. Where would the Saints be without Drew Brees, the Pack without Rodgers, the Steelers without Ben?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still a Wentz guy...durability issues with Goff...Not talent...Both appear very talented.

Sorry don't want to turn this into another one of those threads debating the QB's but durability? With how many times he was hit and sacked he never missed a game in three years! His frame? We went over he's the exact size coming out of college or bigger than dozens of successful and healthy NFL QB's. I don't get the durability issue.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Sorry don't want to turn this into another one of those threads debating the QB's but durability? With how many times he was hit and sacked he never missed a game in three years! His frame? We went over he's the exact size coming out of college or bigger than dozens of successful and healthy NFL QB's. I don't get the durability issue.

I don't recall Goff getting injured. But I know Wentz missed some games due to injury. Go figure.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
probably body composition...His arms look like sticks that hopefuly won't get broken off. I like Goff, but those were my first thoughts when I saw him in uniform.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff had one injury that was very fortuitously timed before the offseason.

But this is about Les and Fish and I am with the OP. They make a good team and let's see how this season goes before we get those pitchforks out.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
All of us have given credit to both Fisher & Snead for the roster overhaul, some mistakes (Pead & Quick) but the positives far outweigh the negatives and God knows the Rams needed this.

That being posted you have to win football games...Many Head Coaches built teams, but did not win and the successor did and all Fisher has to accomplish is to start winning consistently again and he will be looked upon as one of the better Head Coaches in the game and all of us would love to see Fisher go on a nice 7 year run.