OFFICIAL ROD - Players cut by other teams we should sign thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Might be cleaner for the board if we have one thread where we can discuss players cut by other teams we could contemplate signing. We all know there will be the first level of cut downs on Tuesday 15 people a team there's 480 potential future former Rams we could contemplate signing. I can update the title with notable cuts I think?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe I am getting snobby, but don't want anyones cast offs. I am going to be sad for some of the guys trhat won't make our team as it is....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This guy had a couple very good years in Tampa and just fell flat on his face to have been cut prior to the cut down to 75.

View: https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/768610589962821637?s=09

That's why he dropped in the draft. He wanted to prove them wrong and played that way his rookie year. Then he proved them right every year after that. No drive, probably partying every night with groupies, catching up on sleep in the film room. Never had the spark he did in his rookie year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Maybe I am getting snobby, but don't want anyones cast offs. I am going to be sad for some of the guys trhat won't make our team as it is....

I concur here, there might be one when teams cut down to 53, but I like the players the Rams have assembled maybe a back up center, but if Kush can work on his snaps, he blocks very well in the running game and Rhaney has showcased improvement player Center only.

…..

Legend
I concur here, there might be one when teams cut down to 53, but I like the players the Rams have assembled .......

We definately dont need to consider anyone that gets cut prior to cut day lol but to your point, theres enough talent on this team. I'd be watching for an obvious upgrade to our LB depth, and dont see much happening with anyone that cant contribute immediately.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
images

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I'm not advocating we sign any of these players, just trying to prevent having 10 or 20 of these threads pop up.

Psycho_X

Legend
There's no one I know of that I'd like the Rams to pick up so far but what I do know is some lucky team is going to get a waiver wire steal off of us whenever we have to trim a defensive end or two for final cuts.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Blidi Wren-Wilson - 2013 CB/FS 3'rd round pick for the Titans released today. Has anyone observed this guy ? Anything here our DB coaches can work with ?

Draft Fantasy Scouting :

2013 NFL Combine Results
40-YARD DASH 4.53
BENCH PRESS 14
VERTICAL JUMP 36.0
BROAD JUMP 128
THREE-CONE DRILL 6.97
20-YARD SHUTTLE 4.12
60-YARD SHUTTLE 11.56

2013 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
BLIDI WREH-WILSON, CB, CONNECTICUT
Blidi Wreh-Wilson of the University of Connecticut is a tall cornerback prospect with some concerns about his speed. A few analysts have noted he has good speed, while others (specifically at the Senior Bowl) said he struggled to keep up in man coverage.
Wreh-Wilson excels in press coverage and could also fare well in Cover 2 scheme. Very fluid movement skills. Sometimes gets too wide with his feet when transitioning in coverage, which leaves him a step late in pursuit. Good play and route recognition. Gets after the run quickly.

Drops his weight well when in a backpedal. Turns his hips smoothly. Above-average athlete and physicality is not an issue. Tackles and wraps up well for a cornerback. Not afraid to scrap in a pile or crowd. Can shed blockers and has above-average strength in his upper body. He will sometimes take an over-aggressive angle at the ball-carrier. Below-average ball skills. Long arms help him swat away passes but doesn't haul in many interceptions.

Given his long frame and above-average athleticism, Wreh-Wilson projects as an early second round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I don't think we'll see anybody worthy of consideration on the cut to 75 but you never know a week from now when the roster shrinks to 53. You'll probably see somebody's castoff get a chance on our PS then.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I don't think we'll see anybody worthy of consideration on the cut to 75 but you never know a week from now when the roster shrinks to 53. You'll probably see somebody's castoff get a chance on our PS then.

I wouldn't be so sure. Surprise veteran cuts often come at this time - teams are trying to give guys a chance to find another team while there is still some preseason time.