Playbook Sucked this Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It was a four minuite video and that made me optimistic. They showed several highlights of Palmer threading the needle. They also showed Dan Williams blowing up the run and so on. They dang near put a crown on top of Palmer's head by saying him Peyton are the only QB's to throw two TD's in every game thus far. So for the few Cards fans on here, you thought that was a good video.

Why that video SUCKED

In all the highlights they showed of Palmer vs Dallas, the Cowboys rushed 4 and NEVER GOT CLOSE to Palmer. Cowboys defense looked flat as heck to me. No passs rush and the Safety was shadowing a Cowboys LB'er on one of the deep throws. You serious, Playbook? That's too easy! We would have murdered the Girls had we played against Weeden. They also never showed what Palmer looked like under fire. Just pure crap, in general. Austin Davis has looked excellent with ZERO PASS RUSH, as well.

Now on the Card's secondary, they showed some nice plays where everyone was covered. I expected to see some of those. But to say they be the best secondary in the league was laughable considering nobody has given up more passing yards than the Dead Birds. They're only giving up almost 300 yards a game, on average.

Also they featured Dan Williams playing very well against the run. His highlights were good, but Donald's last week looked way better. But like I said, they named no Rams player or coach in this video.

Something worth mentioning the Rams won't be using nearly as many 4 WR sets against ARZ, unlike those panzies from Texas. Rams will be using a ton of double TE looks and even some jumbo formations like they did against SF. Unlike Dallas, Rams have multiple good TE's that can all good routes, catch the ball, and block. But hey, it's not like Playbook was interested in talking about this game. They just wanted to talk about how good they think ARZ is.

Can't wait to watch the segment next week on "why the Cardinals lost to the Rams." That's when we'll get our credit.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Can't wait to watch the segment next week on "why the Cardinals lost to the Rams." That's when we'll get our credit.

That's how they always phrase it too. Why so and so lost to the Rams, not Why the Rams beat so and so.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I actually watched that. sounded like every other 'matchup' preview where theres two teams involved but they just talk about the one facing the Rams. The whole thing was bullshit. But I took a few key parts from it.

1) Palmer is a very intelligent QB and unlike the last few QBs we faced he will stand in the pocket and take hit after hit if he sees a blitz coming but easy man coverage to get it out fast. So bring the house and we will get torched. Balanced blitzing is key and we need some coverage to help our thin secondary. He's only been sacked a couple times this year but I've heard from the AZ fans that their weakness on the Oline is the interior so bring donald and some gap blitzes to get to Palmer.

2) Those passing D numbers are very misleading cus like Fisher said. AZ has been getting big leads in games and played prevent D so opposing offenses are just throwing up lots of garbage time passing numbers.

3) While they do have a stout run defense they also have some skilled tackles that can get penetration up the middle. Thinking about Wells and Joseph is already making me sick. Extra inside protection for Davis is important. Need tight formations and two TE sets. those TE's will really need a big game to have a chance at this game. along with pounding the ball for at least 90 yards on the ground.

4) biggest key to that 7-1 record with all those close games is TURNOVERS. they are +10 due to 12 interceptions this year which is #1. thats how they win games. so ball protection for Davis is key along with at least 2 turnovers for our defense cus our D getting us multiple turnovers wins us this game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It was a four minuite video and that made me optimistic. They showed several highlights of Palmer threading the needle. They also showed Dan Williams blowing up the run and so on. They dang near put a crown on top of Palmer's head by saying him Peyton are the only QB's to throw two TD's in every game thus far. So for the few Cards fans on here, you thought that was a good video.

Why that video SUCKED

In all the highlights they showed of Palmer vs Dallas, the Cowboys rushed 4 and NEVER GOT CLOSE to Palmer. Cowboys defense looked flat as heck to me. No passs rush and the Safety was shadowing a Cowboys LB'er on one of the deep throws. You serious, Playbook? That's too easy! We would have murdered the Girls had we played against Weeden. They also never showed what Palmer looked like under fire. Just pure crap, in general. Austin Davis has looked excellent with ZERO PASS RUSH, as well.

Now on the Card's secondary, they showed some nice plays where everyone was covered. I expected to see some of those. But to say they be the best secondary in the league was laughable considering nobody has given up more passing yards than the Dead Birds. They're only giving up almost 300 yards a game, on average.

Also they featured Dan Williams playing very well against the run. His highlights were good, but Donald's last week looked way better. But like I said, they named no Rams player or coach in this video.

Something worth mentioning the Rams won't be using nearly as many 4 WR sets against ARZ, unlike those panzies from Texas. Rams will be using a ton of double TE looks and even some jumbo formations like they did against SF. Unlike Dallas, Rams have multiple good TE's that can all good routes, catch the ball, and block. But hey, it's not like Playbook was interested in talking about this game. They just wanted to talk about how good they think ARZ is.

I'm not going to hold my breath until the Rams get any Real credit on a Win from all these Talking Heads!!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This whole week was like that on NFLN. Were the calls against SF legit? What's wrong with SF? Can the overcome their issues? IS it coaching?

NOTHING about the Rams' 8 sacks. NOTHING.

Fuck them.

I found it hilarious that on both Total Access teh ngiht before and during Thursday EVERY "expert" picked the Bengals, while the whole country took the Browns. HILARIOUS.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I found it hilarious that on both Total Access teh ngiht before and during Thursday EVERY "expert" picked the Bengals, while the whole country took the Browns. HILARIOUS.

It's similar to watching MSNBC!:whistle:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Also they featured Dan Williams playing very well against the run. His highlights were good, but Donald's last week looked way better.
In 30 plays, Dan Williams had 7 tackles and I wanna say 2 sacks, & 2 TFL...He played like a monster...I hope our guards & centers are getting ready for Dan & Calias....And Tommy Kelly...

I thought the story of the cameraman was touching...but personally, I like the Playbook Primetime segment much better...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I rarely watch anything sports, except for actual games.
Who needs to anyway, when we have ROD. 1 stop shopping here.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
They're all just bandwagon jumpers if we were 7-1 they would be doing the exact same thing for us while ignoring Az.There's only a few analyst that are worth watching and tell it like it is regardless of the team's record.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In 30 plays, Dan Williams had 7 tackles and I wanna say 2 sacks, & 2 TFL...He played like a monster...I hope our guards & centers are getting ready for Dan & Calias....And Tommy Kelly...

I thought the story of the cameraman was touching...but personally, I like the Playbook Primetime segment much better...

He is an excellent run defender, no question. Why I say Donald out shined him is by the difference of opponents. Donald was going up against Kap and the Niners while Williams was going up against a Romo-less cowboys team. That's a dramatic difference.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He is an excellent run defender, no question. Why I say Donald out shined him is by the difference of opponents. Donald was going up against Kap and the Niners while Williams was going up against a Romo-less cowboys team. That's a dramatic difference.
So, you're saying the SF offensive line is better than the Cowboys offensive line, at this time...Like a guy just said to me, I wonder what the "professionals" would say about that....lol...He was throwing Martin & a pretty good center, can't think of his name, around like rag dolls....gotta give credit when/where it's due....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams need to earn respect. But it'll be fun to see Greg Robinson against Calais Campbell this week.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, you're saying the SF offensive line is better than the Cowboys offensive line, at this time...Like a guy just said to me, I wonder what the "professionals" would say about that....lol...He was throwing Martin & a pretty good center, can't think of his name, around like rag dolls....gotta give credit when/where it's due....

I'm not as much saying Niners OL is better, both very talented units, more so saying we were going against Kap. Weeden rarely scrambles, Kap is really good at avoiding sacks. He's so tough for the DL catch when he gets going. That's why it's very impressive what Donald and the Rams defense did to the Niners.

Some say the Niners OL is not performing well, but really they're just not living up to their talent level. They have an excellent OL. (Kinda sounds like another trench unit I know of just a month or so ago ;) )