Play GM (Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you choose?

• Total voters

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It has to be Matthews. He's all but guaranteed to be at least an All-Pro type left tackle (barring injury, of course), he's easily one of the best players in this draft and is - without a shadow of a doubt - the best offensive lineman prospect in this draft. Clowney has issues off-the-field and with his motivation, and Watkins is arguably not even the best receiver in this year's class (if Evans and Benjamin have anything to say about it, that is).

bluecoconuts

Legend
Matthews if all three are there. Watkins if Matthews is gone.

My dream scenario is to try to drop back, but stay in the top 5 and pick up an extra second rounder, still get Matthews, and then pick up Ha Ha with our true pick.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I hope we don't change our plans because of the injury to Long. I wouldn't want to draft Matthews just because Long is hurt and miss out on Clowney. I think we can get an offensive tackle prospect with another pick - possibly our second (Taylor Lewan maybe).

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I think I'd take Barr. He would stay in on 3rd down since he's a great pass rushing LB. The front 7 would be lights out.

Alan

Legend
Only if forced would I take any of them but of the three I'd take Matthews.

Alan

Legend
I have to take a couple of naps every day to rest my eye muscles so I'm never really sleepy and up at all hours.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Matthews if all three are there. Watkins if Matthews is gone.

My dream scenario is to try to drop back, but stay in the top 5 and pick up an extra second rounder, still get Matthews, and then pick up Ha Ha with our true pick.

This is the best play in my opinion. OL and defense. This is the way of the West and it's looking pretty successful to me. Solidify that oline and defensive backfield.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I guess Matthews, just due to the situations with Long and Saffold, but I'd much rather prefer Evans over Watkins at WR. I could warm up to Clowney also.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If there are no good trade down offers, Clowney. We'll regret it if we pass on arguably the best DL prospect of the last decade.(Suh and Mario are the only ones that compare)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mathews... the bloodlines are undeniable.

Safe pick. Locks down a spot on the oline for many-many years.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If there are no good trade down offers, Clowney. We'll regret it if we pass on arguably the best DL prospect of the last decade.(Suh and Mario are the only ones that compare)

Beg your pardon sir, but we already HAVE the best DE in the game. :juiced: Just curious, and I know Clowney has a ton of potential, but where would you line him up? If you saw my mock draft, you would see that I had the Rams taking 2 OLs in the first rd, haha. Make the OL an area of strength and let Sam and his new running game do WORK on some suckers next year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yep as time goes by the boring selection of a OT like Mathews is much safer than the selection of Jadeveon. I do like Jadeveon a bunch too. My preference was not up there. I would prefer a big trade down or multiple trade downs myself. I have been in the corner with Jadeveon since I began to think about the possibility of the Rams having a top pick. I think he will be better than Rob Quinn.

But, a very but with "keeping up with the situation" in assessing all elements involved with this pick.....#1-with an seriously present injured OL of 3 of its starters (Long/Wells/Dahl) #2-add to the fact that this OL is also frequently/repeatedly injured (add Saffold's name to the other three starters) & #3-then add the team most important player to that list (Sam Bradford now 3 out of the last five!) #4-add in the fact that four current starters will enter free agency in March....#5-Finally you would have to insert the amount of cap space involved with all the names mentioned above......now you see the full off season Nightmare Offensive Line picture in 2014....then selecting a DE instead...not sure I would come close to regretting on Jadeveon too much jrry32 & you know I am with you on most all your Jadeveon posts. Maybe Snead & Fisher will resolve all those things above by the first week of May & I can just pick who I want without any other things clouding up my one brain cell.