Pittsburgh Steelers and Tavon Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's been reported the ravens have contacted tavon/the rams. Not sure which but would guess the rams otherwise it's tampering.

Maybe something in the works?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
OK we all been in for the release of TA saving of 3 mil stuff, but most at the same time have been thinking that the Rams would tag Sammy too. Now with the realization that Sammy is headed for departure & free agency do we rethink TA?

If TA plays a decent part into the effectiveness of this running offense would it be better to maintain that element if we loose the Sammy element? TA only costs 3 mil by just not releasing him.That way the offense does not loose both of these elements. No way that TA is worth 8 mil but he will cost us 5 mil when released anyway.

nighttrain

Legend
OK we all been in for the release of TA saving of 3 mil stuff, but most at the same time have been thinking that the Rams would tag Sammy too. Now with the realization that Sammy is headed for departure & free agency do we rethink TA?

If TA plays a decent part into the effectiveness of this running offense would it be better to maintain that element if we loose the Sammy element? TA only costs 3 mil by just not releasing him.That way the offense does not loose both of these elements. No way that TA is worth 8 mil but he will cost us 5 mil when released anyway.
we can get a better RB in draft in the late rounds of the draft
one just as fast
train

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The fact that Tavon scored 10 on a Jeff Fisher offense says plenty too though.
That his wrist injury completely derailed his season with McVay was unfortunate for him.
Well it was only 9td despite the Jeff Fisher offense but the point is is still valid

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
we can get a better RB in draft in the late rounds of the draft
one just as fast
train
I agree & would expect a RB with one of our 6th rounders but most the positive comments related to TA are related to him lining up outside & running the WR jet sweep stuff.

nighttrain

Legend
I agree & would expect a RB with one of our 6th rounders but most the positive comments related to TA are related to him lining up outside & running the WR jet sweep stuff.
And a fast RB cant run a jet sweep? I thinks he could, and for much less money
train

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
train
True but we are only speaking of 3 million here. Plus you get to use the draft pick on another needed position. Now you know I think that TA has no real NFL football intelligence in him but I am trying to look at this at every angle. Right now it reported that Sammy & the Rams are talking....TA is still here but hanging on the high wire act infront of the entire NFL both of these WR's are riding this high @ the moment. Rams may not want to loose both of these WR's @ the same time from this offense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
train
RB can’t really run a jet sweep unless he’s lining up as WR and going in motion which takes the element of surprise out of the equation.

nighttrain

Legend
cant remember his name right now, but i read about a perfect fit (to small for and every down back}, runs in the 3.6 area and can catch, was seen as a very late round pick, gadget guy like Tavon is, but 2.5 mllion cheaper
train

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
not my first choice, but i can see it
train

@nighttrain ....Mine either but he is good in the open field he has some moves we have seen him with some electrifying run backs to be honest I think cooper has more moves.... tavon more speed but his high stepping scissor kick wasn't working to much around the league he hasn't broken a long one in forever and one thing I always noticed seemed like he never cut it back to the middle of the field he would always seem to high step scissor kick himself to the side line out of bounds and right out of the stadium lol

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RB could line up on the left side as a flanker,a yard off the LOS
train
And if he lines up at flanker, you don’t think they’ll see what’s coming? He’s gotta run plenty of routes to sell it and frankly I’d rather give those snaps to a real wr

nighttrain

Legend
And if he lines up at flanker, you don’t think they’ll see what’s coming? He’s gotta run plenty of routes to sell it and frankly I’d rather give those snaps to a real wr
lining up on the left side is what Tavon did all season, as the 2nd RB
train

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lining up on the left side is what Tavon did all season, as the 2nd RB
train
Tavon lines up as 4th wr at times all season
He’s a wr that took snaps as a rb
Has to run routes to sell the jet sweep