Picks got to be Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I was thinking Wentz made sense, but I am starting to understand why it might be Goff.

The big complaint they had with Foles was his inability to get the ball out quickly or on time. From everything have seen or read about Goff is that is his strength.

So that along with his experience and his ability to handle pressure in his face along with his overall arm talent, certainly makes him a great choice. Couple in his age and chance to physically mature a little more and it makes sense to me.

I also think there could be a little trepidation that Wentz did not have to deal with as much in game adversity and that will be an unknown with him. Heck his back up was 7-0 last year and had similar numbers. So there has to be a fear that he is a product of his environment to some degree and just a product with better physical tools than those that preceded him at ND.

So I can see why they might prefer Goff. Give him a pocket with time and a ground gane, and hopefully he can pick apart defenses when asked to.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sorry Mac you'll have to wait on that A-1, no way Goff is opening day starter, if all goes well he may not even see the field next year

And that goes for whomever they choose

That'd make me a bunch of ROD bucks... I got Case Keenum throwing the first pass and Goff being the first overall draft pick.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if after that nasty 4 game early stretch if they didn't intro the rook at home...especially if the Rams are 1-3 or 0-4.

Be awful hard for them to have traded up to #1, have history show no QB since JaMarcus Russell hasn't started their first game who's been taken at #1 and five games in, and Fisher is still sitting on the "franchise QB"?

The suitcase would be slamming shut on the honeymoon if that happened.

DB16

UDFA
Name
Dennis B.
Eagles gotta know who we're taking. That or they're happy with both of the quarterbacks.

I'm hoping we have Wentz. This is the NFC north after all. Sure Goff hasn't missed a game, but he has had his injuries. Ankle issues, separated shoulder. This ain't college kids hitting you. These are grown men getting paid millions of dollars to take you out. Wentz just had his wrist issue from landing wrong on it. Then came back and won a championship and proved himself in the senior bowl.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well, we're the NFC West, but I get your drift.

And yeah, Goff takes too many hits. So does Wentz. Goff takes too many in the pocket. Wentz doesn't protect himself enough when he runs.

Both need to understand that NOTHING has prepared them for someone like Aaron Donald or JJ Watt body slamming them to the ground... Nothing...

I'm interested to see how this plays out because Sam Farmer is STILL reporting that the Rams are taking Wentz even in the face of multiple teams confirming that they are certain the Rams are taking Goff, the Eagles have all but said they are taking Wentz (that trail would take a blind man not to be able to follow), and Mike Silver has directly said he's close with Fisher and inside the org (he was in the war room last year) and said Goff was the pick very early and it wasn't all that close.

So, whoever's feeding Sam is poisoning the well right off the bat. Sam Farmer's really been working hard to get inside the organization, bring info to fans and report on the organization. And Fisher's turned around and made him the stooge so that his National reporter friend can get the scoop and the interesting articles.

It looks like Fisher is JT'ing Sam Farmer right off the bat. Question is...why? Can't see anything or any reason why that makes any sense. Seems like a bad move and Farmer has a big platform to sound off from if Fisher doesn't hit this out of the park right away.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There has been a lot of posts that suggest there is no point to delaying the announcement of the pick, which is probably driven by impatience, but apart from the obvious pitfalls of stating who you want to pick prior to draft day, such as the player being involved in a shitty situation (irreversibly injured, massive criminal conviction etc) and the ensuing back tracking. I think a lot of people fail to see the marketing value to all these experts tweets/speculations AND the Rams silence. This is huge for a team building a new fan base and tapping in to as many peoples news feeds as possible. It is also huge for the NFL on a wider scale! Just look at the frenzy it has caused on this board already. What is the point (financially speaking) of not continuing to fuel the fire?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I posted in several places how the Rams have a very vested interest and making sure the pick is a secret and to keep debate at a fever pitch.

This was what I said before:

Networks: They are doing every media outlet a HUGE solid by creating the suspense. Heck, I know I'm in knots and bunches of us are because of it as are fans across the world. And that means they are gobbling up content by the bushel which means ads, clicks and AD REVENUE. That means the networks will think twice about how it treats the Rams going forward. This isn't Georgia Frontiere's Rams anymore.

League: Even as GMs are cursing Snisher for making their jobs harder, the owners are LOVING how much attention is building for the draft and their flagship telecast. What was shaping up to be a down year will now be their biggest event ever, most likely. Amazing for two QBs who were thought to be afterthoughts, right?

Team: By waiting, the Los Angeles Rams are in the media, both Sporting and non-sporting media every day until the draft and likely for some time after. That's hundreds of millions of dollars of free global media that the team couldn't apply to it's Brand if they just announced who they were taking.

There is literally NO upside to announcing who they are taking prior to the draft while there are quite literally hundreds of millions of reasons why they should wait.

It won't surprise me to see the refereeing change for the Rams this year. Watch.

This is big picture stuff.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Do you think Rams would really tell the Eagles "yeah, we're taking Goff - go ahead and make your move for Wentz"?

Idk if they would do that. But you never know.
Maybe after they stuck us with foles. Serves them green scum bellies right. And would make me chuckle....

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Great. Now my pick pendulum has swung back to wanting Wentz.....draft day please!!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
im pretty much going to be ecstatic whoever we get ....and trust me when I say I know nothing about evaluating QB's footwork etc ..but just on gut feeling I like wentz (which will mean its Goff and I wont really care) but there is something about that kid from NDSU I like and I cant put my finger on it .....

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
According to Sal Paelentonio, on Mike and Mike this morning, the Rams and Eagles have a good relationship and he was told by an unnamed source that the Eagles contacted the Rams stating they only wanted Wentz and they wanted to be sure he was there at #2. The Rams assured them that they were taking Goff, and that the Eagles would not have pulled this trade for #2 without that guaranty. So it looks like a lock on Goff for us, I am good with that as I have gone back and forth a hundred times and my choice landed on Goff.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
According to Sal Paelentonio, on Mike and Mike this morning, the Rams and Eagles have a good relationship and he was told by an unnamed source that the Eagles contacted the Rams stating they only wanted Wentz and they wanted to be sure he was there at #2. The Rams assured them that they were taking Goff, and that the Eagles would not have pulled this trade for #2 without that guaranty. So it looks like a lock on Goff for us, I am good with that as I have gone back and forth a hundred times and my choice landed on Goff.
I don't really get why we'd tell them other than in interests of building a good relationship in the hope they do us a favor at some point in the undetermined future...

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I don't really get why we'd tell them other than in interests of building a good relationship in the hope they do us a favor at some point in the undetermined future...
I understand sharing that intel with them but would have only do so under the strong agreement that it didn't get "leaked".

jap

Legend
You guys don't really want to make a guy named Jared the face of the franchise, do you?

Did we learn nothing from Subway?

"Cool Hand" Jerad or "Cool Hand" Goff doesn't sound too bad rolling off the tongue. Nothing is official until the Horns card is turned in, but could it be that the Rams finally get their 'Joe Montana'?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

How about to get them to trade up to prevent the Niners from getting one of the two QB's?

Even if the Rams told them, they are under no obligation to pick who anyone else thinks they might pick - Eagles included.

jap

Legend
Goff's already been through the fire. 3 years of fire. He conquered the fire and is about to be rewarded with millions.

Now he eats fire for breakfast for fun, while he laughs and drinks his Coffee.

I'm sure he farts fire & bolts of lightning from his ass too.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Eagles GM, Howie Roseman just said in his presser that he has a very good relationship with the Rams. Peterson and Roseman earlier this week gushed about Wentz. The would not have made such a huge move if it wasnt for the guy they coveted.
Just because he "Covets Him" doesn't mean He is going to get him!!:snicker::shades: