Pick up RG3's option or not

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pick it up?

• Yes

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 78.7%

• Total voters

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Voted No. They'd be better off re-loading/tanking without him. They could position themselves to draft a QB next year.
They should try to trade him while they can....if they can. Bradford had value, RG3SPN should be able to bring something in return. Call Cleveland.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They should trade for Bradford from the Eagles. Wouldn't that be funny.

────────────────────░███░
───────────────────░█░░░█░
──────────────────░█░░░░░█░
─────────────────░█░░░░░█░
──────────░░░───░█░░░░░░█░
─────────░███░──░█░░░░░█░
───────░██░░░██░█░░░░░█░
──────░█░░█░░░░██░░░░░█░
────░██░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░
───░█░░░█░░░░░░░██░░░█░
──░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░█░
──░█░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░█░
──░█░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░█░
─░█░░░█░░░░██░░░░░░█░░█░
─░█░░░░█░░░░░██░░░█░░░█░
─░█░█░░░█░░░░░░███░░░░█░
░█░░░█░░░██░░░░░█░░░░░█░
░█░░░░█░░░░█████░░░░░█░
░█░░░░░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░
░█░█░░░░██░░░░█░░░░░█░
─░█░█░░░░░████░░░░██░
─░█░░█░░░░░░░█░░██░█░
──░█░░██░░░██░░█░░░█░
───░██░░███░░██░█░░█░
────░██░░░███░░░█░░░█░
──────░███░░░░░░█░░░█░
──────░█░░░░░░░░█░░░█░
──────░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
──────░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
──────░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
████──░█░████░░░░░░░░█░
█──█──████──████░░░░░█░
█──█──█──█──█──████████
█──█──████──█──█──────█
█──█──█──█────██──██──█
█──████──█──█──█──────█
█─────█──█──█──█──█████
███████──████──█──────█
──────████──██████████
★══════════★★══════════★

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wait a cotton pickin' moment! There's no "Don't give a shit" option. o_O

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Why.......

Would be the only word applicable here.

I wasn't even high on him his good year.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
RG3 is the Redskins death knell
i don't see how the Redskins can't pick up this option - it's franchise suicide if they don't
there only option is Cousins and that's not much of an option
The funny thing is (funny strange not funny ha ha) is that we'd be in the exact same position the Skins would be in if we hadn't traded Bradford to the Eagles. Quarterback purgatory

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
RG3 is the Redskins death knell
i don't see how the Redskins can't pick up this option - it's franchise suicide if they don't
there only option is Cousins and that's not much of an option
The funny thing is (funny strange not funny ha ha) is that we'd be in the exact same position the Skins would be in if we hadn't traded Bradford to the Eagles. Quarterback purgatory

Yes and no - unlike the Redskins we at least had a Quarterback in Sam Bradford who could have led the team to the playoffs and gone to the pro-bowl in 2015 because of his talent. It was a question of his health and the odds on him being able to stay healthy. The Redskins must know now that they've got nothing in RGIII. He's useless to them even if he IS healthy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yes and no - unlike the Redskins we at least had a Quarterback in Sam Bradford who could have led the team to the playoffs and gone to the pro-bowl in 2015 because of his talent. It was a question of his health and the odds on him being able to stay healthy. The Redskins must know now that they've got nothing in RGIII. He's useless to them even if he IS healthy.

OK here we go with the projecting again.

Griffin went to the playoffs and a pro bowl. Bradford hasn't. You got things mixed up.

And by the way I can't stand Griffin and think he was handed the pro bowl and got lucky his rookie year.

Bradford has not demonstrated any of the talent you are attributing to him since he left college.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bradford has not demonstrated any of the talent you are attributing to him since he left college.

I'm going to side with Exile. I've seen Sam extremely capable on game day at this level. (Eagles must agree)

Has he gone to a pro bowl? No.

Has Luck won an MVP?

It might be a projection, but some things pass the eye test.

That said; his injury history is reason to pause. It's why he's an Eagle now.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They should trade for Bradford from the Eagles. Wouldn't that be funny.

What would be hilarious is if we ended up with RGIII after we raped them on the trade. Especially if we traded a 7th rounder for him. :ROFLMAO:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm going to side with Exile. I've seen Sam extremely capable on game day at this level. (Eagles must agree)

Has he gone to a pro bowl? No.

Has Luck won an MVP?

It might be a projection, but some things pass the eye test.

That said; his injury history is reason to pause. It's why he's an Eagle now.

This is why it's fun to have clean debate, we disagree on Bradford's potential at the NFL level. While he has flashed a little here and there this past pre season he didn't look that good, he looked like he always has. I was underwhelmed again.

Bradford may succeed in Philly and my gut tells me that Kelly will get what he can out of Bradford but it won't be enough for the team, or the fans, or the media and it'll get messy. If it gets to the point where Kelly decides to bench Bradford and go with Sanchez that'll be the beginning of the end for him. At that point he will be admitting he made a mistake and the fat lady will start warming up her pipes.

If Bradford gets hurt and misses a few games the media is going to sharpen their claws, they already think Kelly is out of his mind.

To borrow a phrase there are three things that can happen and two of them are bad.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What would be hilarious is if we ended up with RGIII after we raped them on the trade. Especially if we traded a 7th rounder for him. :ROFLMAO:

IMO the Redskins are going to try to move him and if they get offered a first rounder he's as good as gone. I think one of the teams at the top of the draft like the Jets or the Browns (or even JAX) will be getting a call because then the Redskins will have 2 high picks and can maybe start recovering from the mistake they made.

The smart play for them IMO is to make a deal now while he still has some value. When your starter is putting up about the same numbers/production as the backup and the 3rd stringer but still has "brand" or "name" value it's time to make a bold move.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
IMO the Redskins are going to try to move him and if they get offered a first rounder he's as good as gone. I think one of the teams at the top of the draft like the Jets or the Browns (or even JAX) will be getting a call because then the Redskins will have 2 high picks and can maybe start recovering from the mistake they made.

The smart play for them IMO is to make a deal now while he still has some value. When your starter is putting up about the same numbers/production as the backup and the 3rd stringer but still has "brand" or "name" value it's time to make a bold move.

Yeah, Fisher shocked everyone with the Bradford trade. Maybe at some point you gotta cut your losses and move on. I have a feeling that trade with us set them back a few years. It set us up nicely. But we gotta take advantage. We don't wanna be known as the team who couldn't take advantage of a trade like that.

I just hope Tavon Austin doesn't turn out to be a mistake. We used a premium pick for him and so far we haven't gotten the return we expected. Then again, it might not be his fault. Schotty wasn't the right guy to make the most of his skills. Which is probably why we shoulda gone in a different direction with that pick.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
IMO the Redskins are going to try to move him and if they get offered a first rounder he's as good as gone.
Do you really think ANY team would give up a first for him at this point? Maybe I'm just jaded by the fact that I saw RG's career unfold EXACTLY as it has. I have to think that most if not all GMs would think adding him to their team is a HUGE risk unless it really doesn't cost them much. Maybe swapping firsts....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Do you really think ANY team would give up a first for him at this point? Maybe I'm just jaded by the fact that I saw RG's career unfold EXACTLY as it has. I have to think that most if not all GMs would think adding him to their team is a HUGE risk unless it really doesn't cost them much. Maybe swapping firsts....

We've seen crazier shit happen when it comes to QB's.

The Bradford trade was a shocker to pretty much everyone and the general consensus is the Eagles got fleeced. IMO that's a huge risk too.

The Browns traded up a few spots to get Johnny Tricycle. That was a HUUUUGE risk.

Even the TRichardson trade came out of nowhere!!!

So I can for sure see someone giving up a first rounder to get him. There is a GM out there that thinks he can win with him I'd bet money on that.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We've seen crazier crap happen when it comes to QB's.

The Bradford trade was a shocker to pretty much everyone and the general consensus is the Eagles got fleeced. IMO that's a huge risk too.

The Browns traded up a few spots to get Johnny Tricycle. That was a HUUUUGE risk.

Even the TRichardson trade came out of nowhere!!!

So I can for sure see someone giving up a first rounder to get him. There is a GM out there that thinks he can win with him I'd bet money on that.

Definitely the Browns. I bet they'd rather have a team cancer than a team cancer addict at this point.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Definitely the Browns. I bet they'd rather have a team cancer than a team cancer addict at this point.

I can see that happening actually. Shanahan in part resigned because the FO insisted he play Johnny Tricycle, who then face-planted so completely they were probably relieved he got dinged up. Couple that with the fact the locker room isn't in his corner and the rehab thing..........maybe the Browns decide to roll the dice because there is talk that they want to move on from him already.

After all the knucklehead Farmer is still the GM there right. Anything, absolutely anything, can happen under his watch.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can see that happening actually. Shanahan in part resigned because the FO insisted he play Johnny Tricycle, who then face-planted so completely they were probably relieved he got dinged up. Couple that with the fact the locker room isn't in his corner and the rehab thing..........maybe the Browns decide to roll the dice because there is talk that they want to move on from him already.

After all the knucklehead Farmer is still the GM there right. Anything, absolutely anything, can happen under his watch.

I'd laugh so damn hard if that happened, though. And if I were Snead, I'd be on the phone for their 2016 first round picks.