Pick one player at 10... Gun is pointed at you

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pick one player at 10... Gun is pointed at you

• CB Trae Waynes

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • TR Ereck Flowers

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Perhaps, if that Elite OT is a blindside protector. But, not a RT.

Revis, Talib, Haden have more impact on their teams than any RT you can name.

I would take Jackie Slater over Revis. Sealing up the right side and having the option to run right as well as left seems just as important to me. However what trumps it is Olineman usually play well up to and after 30, where most Corners are fading by then.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would take Waynes then start working the phones to move up from round 2 into late round 1 to ensure I get my OT.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Sacks count the same no matter which side they come from. Same with pressure.

Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch have more impact on their teams than any CB you can name. Does that make HB a core position?

The only thing that the bold proves is that there currently aren't any elite RTs in the NFL. Which would negate the point you made earlier about it being an easier position to find.

HB a core position? Depends upon the offense being run, I guess. That said, the Vikings won as many or more games without Peterson last year than they did in 3 of the last 4 prior seasons.

But, I won't go back and forth with you on this one. If you have a chance, ask any NFL personnel guy what the core positions are and see how often RT come up.

BTW, I never said it was easy to find elite RTs. I said good RTs. There's a difference. I then qualified my view with my very next post. In the end, if a team valued the position as highly, they wouldn't put their best OT on the blindside. But, IMO, because they don't, there are a lot of good LTs in the league that could very well be elite RTs. In fact, the Rams just cut one due to injury.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I would take Jackie Slater over Revis. Sealing up the right side and having the option to run right as well as left seems just as important to me. However what trumps it is Olineman usually play well up to and after 30, where most Corners are fading by then.

Not me. I think they can run well with a Barkdale on the right side a good percentage of the time. But, I couldn't take a Barksdale quality CB and take away another team's #1 WR allowing the rest of the of the secondary to roll coverage over to cover other targets. And with the advent of free agency, I'm not sure I care too much how long a player can play when there is a good chance he'll be playing elsewhere.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Would not be disappointed with either pick.....although hopefully a trade down would be involved with flowers. It is a bpa vs need poll.... but I think I'll take Flowers as my pick considering that we have no right tackle on our roster right now.....

Go Rams............ ;)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think Flowers is the 2nd best lineman in this draft - I'd be a really happy fan if he is our Right Tackle for the next decade - and I fully believe that he has left tackle ability as well, and that kind of versatility is important.

Having said that - he still needs work. He is 20. If you want a guy who is going to be the best lineman in the draft on day 1 of camp, then look elsewhere. If you want the best lineman 2 years from now, then I think Flowers or maybe Clemmings are the best candidates.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If those are the two best options available, I am very curious as to how picks 1-9 panned out. I would go with Waynes, because I don't see Flowers as a premier player. But I certainly wouldn't be happy with it lol.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Perhaps, if that Elite OT is a blindside protector. But, not a RT.

Revis, Talib, Haden have more impact on their teams than any RT you can name.

I agree, elite CB's like the ones you mentioned change the entire face of a defense. S's can cut the field in half and cover for a bad pass rush. Look no further than the impact Talib and Revis had for NE. When Talib got hurt in the AFC championship game against Denver the game fell apart for NE. Manning completed 289 or his 400 yards after Talib got hurt. NE defense could not get off the field. This year it was Revis, after week 4 NE let Revis play man and they became a top rated defense. McCourty played at a Pro Bowl level because he only covered half a side line and they won a SB with no pass rush what so ever.