Pick one player at 10... Gun is pointed at you

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pick one player at 10... Gun is pointed at you

• CB Trae Waynes

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • TR Ereck Flowers

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
No trade down or up is available, and these two cats are rated even on our big board. Pick player and post why you pick him...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I took the CB, Wanted a CB that could be as close as you can get to a shutdown corner

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Fucking blow my brains out.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I honestly feel Johnson's the #1 corner in this draft, so I'm going Flowers.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Pretty easy decision for me.

A good CB > A good RT all day long as the latter is far easier to find.

Just read that the Rams had the 2nd worst completion percentage allowed last year at 68%. That's crazy with the pass rush that everyone pats this team on it's back.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No trade down or up is available, and these two cats are rated even on our big board. Pick player and post why you pick him...

You could put almost any other first round caliber prospect in this poll against Ereck Flowers and I'd choose the other prospect. Ereck Flowers has no business going in the first round imo. If we take him at #10, I'll be highly disappointed and probably very furious.

Pretty easy decision for me.

A good CB > A a good RT all day long as the latter is far easier to find.

I think you need to actually defend this point. By my estimation, there are a lot less quality OTs in the NFL today than CBs. There really aren't a lot of quality RTs in today's NFL.

However, I still choose Waynes.

Memphis Ram

Legend
You could put almost any other first round caliber prospect in this poll against Ereck Flowers and I'd choose the other prospect. Ereck Flowers has no business going in the first round imo. If we take him at #10, I'll be highly disappointed and probably very furious.

I think you need to actually defend this point. By my estimation, there are a lot less quality OTs in the NFL today than CBs. There really aren't a lot of quality RTs in today's NFL.

However, I still choose Waynes.

How about I clarify and say potential shutdown CB > quality RT. BTW, I'd say some of the leagues good RTs are playing LT by necessity to the dearth of quality LTs.

Either way it's one of the core positions (QB, Blindside protector, stud pass rusher, stud CB) teams look for on draft day.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about I clarify and say potential shutdown CB > quality RT. BTW, I'd say some of the leagues good RTs are playing LT by necessity to the dearth of quality LTs.

Either way it's one of the core positions (QB, Blindside protector, stud pass rusher, stud CB) teams look for on draft day.

Stud CB is not a core position imo.

Elite OT = Shutdown CB

paceram

Pro Bowler
Tough decision! I think Flowers fills more of a need position for the Rams but I also think Waynes is the overall better value so I guess I would pick Waynes and hope the Rams can get their OL needs later in the Draft!

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Waynes all day. He has elite speed and great ball skills. He would really strengthen the CB group and provide depth in the contract year of Jenkins and Johnson.

He could also allow Joyner to go compete with McLeod for FS and provide depth there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Perhaps, if that Elite OT is a blindside protector. But, not a RT.

Revis, Talib, Haden have more impact on their teams than any RT you can name.

Sacks count the same no matter which side they come from. Same with pressure.

Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch have more impact on their teams than any CB you can name. Does that make HB a core position?

The only thing that the bold proves is that there currently aren't any elite RTs in the NFL. Which would negate the point you made earlier about it being an easier position to find.

Stel

Starter

IF the two are rated even on the Rams' board, I take Flowers (area of greater need).

However, I disagree with the premise, as I have Waynes rated higher than Flowers.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
There are better OT Than Flowers but you'd be hard pressed to find a better CB than Waynes! So I'm going for Trae! ( Although Byron Jones is starting to interest me!)