Pick an NFCW team for scoring

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pick a 2014 NFCW team for scoring

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RamzFanz

Damnit
New rules, Rams have to play ALL NFCW teams ALL season as do the other NFCW teams.

You have to choose the TEAM (O, D and ST scoring counts) that will produce the most points over the season in this environment. Which team do you choose.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I think with the improved D, the O will also improve, if nothing else just due to the extra posessions the D gets them.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For me, it boils down to field position and ground and pound ball control. Good returns, long punts, forced fumbles, interceptions, and long field goals.

In that list, I only see interceptions as a weakness and with an improved pass rush and GW at the controls, I may be underestimating them.

The defensive battles will be epic. The turnovers plentiful. So, in the end, I think the Rams are best built to score in this environment.

Arizona, Seattle, and San Fran can crush teams outside of the division, but in the division, this season, I could definitely see the Rams dominating low scoring affairs.

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Cardinals would be throwing the ball a lot in that situation, with quality running too - they'd also be giving up the most points of course, meaning they would need to keep the pedal to the metal most games, and continue to throw when other teams in the division would try to kill the clock a bit.

It's relative, of course. Even with all their defensive losses this offseason their defense should still be good. Just not as good as the other teams in the division.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
For me, it boils down to field position and ground and pound ball control. Good returns, long punts, forced fumbles, interceptions, and long field goals.

In that list, I only see interceptions as a weakness and with an improved pass rush and GW at the controls, I may be underestimating them.

The defensive battles will be epic. The turnovers plentiful. So, in the end, I think the Rams are best built to score in this environment.

Arizona, Seattle, and San Fran can crush teams outside of the division, but in the division, this season, I could definitely see the Rams dominating low scoring affairs.

I think you are spot on. The interceptions could improve the most because of Williams and players like Jenkins, Joyner and Johnson to a lesser extent.

Also ST could add to more points. Austin in his 2nd year and when you consider the points lost to penalties there could be a huge up tick in this department. Greg Reid could also emerge as a ST weapon.

Also, Bradford in play action seemed to improve a lot last year, with the focus on the run, play action is going to be huge in terms or using the run to open up the pass.

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams' weakness may be that they create low scoring games compared to their rivals when they play each other.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I don't know why nobody else is picking the Cardinals. They will not be able to rely on their defense as heavily as last year and their passing game is probably the most effective in the division coupled with a pretty good rushing attack. Patrick Peterson is always a threat to take it to the house on interceptions and punt returns too.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams running the ball with a lot of play-actions passing well do the trick!:D

Irish

Starter
Kaepernick
Crabtree
Boldin
Davis
Johnson
Gore
Lattimore

9ers are the offensive class of the NFCW