Pick a 2016 QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you want as the Rams 2016 starting QB?

• Nick Foles

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Case Keenum

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Sean Mannion

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • 1st Round Rookie (Connor Cook?)

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 2nd Round Rookie (Jacoby Brissett? Cardale Jones? Christian Hackenberg?)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Sam Bradford

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Robert Griffin

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Trade (Geno Smith? EJ Manuel?)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other (Please Note)

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Can you edit the choices to show Lynch/Goff/Cook as first round QBs?
I don't think so. This post is a couple weeks old now, and I think the "edit" function is timed.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't know if it's possible considering the money they have tied up in Foles, but I like Fitzpatrick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know if it's possible considering the money they have tied up in Foles, but I like Fitzpatrick.
He's not going anywhere. Done a great job for the Jets, they'll sign him to a contract. He plays his best under OC Chan Gailey

There were QB available this offseason that the Rams *could* have gotten instead of Foles. Off the top of my head, QB who played well at times this year who's numbers are superior to Foles
Fitzpatrick
Brian Hoyer
McCown
But I cant assume they would look any better wearing horns than Foles/Keenum have

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not going anywhere. Done a great job for the Jets, they'll sign him to a contract. He plays his best under OC Chan Gailey

There were QB available this offseason that the Rams *could* have gotten instead of Foles. Off the top of my head, QB who played well at times this year who's numbers are superior to Foles
Fitzpatrick
Brian Hoyer
McCown
But I cant assume they would look any better wearing horns than Foles/Keenum have

Might have looked similarly bad.

The one guy I really regret us not going after is Mike Glennon. Could have made the swap with Cleveland and then flipped a pick to the Bucs for Glennon. I think he'd have looked better than Foles.

But who knows.

Either ways, we need a QB...bad.

Memphis Ram

Legend
That is the problem I'm having with finding the answer for the rams QB situation, I don't see the answer anywhere.

I see the answer clearly. But, what will probably happen is the team will continue to look to find one of the few quality traditional pocket passers in existence hoping they strike gold.:confused:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Might have looked similarly bad.

The one guy I really regret us not going after is Mike Glennon. Could have made the swap with Cleveland and then flipped a pick to the Bucs for Glennon. I think he'd have looked better than Foles.

But who knows.

Either ways, we need a QB...bad.
Would have liked Glennon as well. I still dont believe that the Rams could have gotten a 1st rounder straight up from Cleveland.
I know there are linnks that said it was offered AFTER the RAms traded him to Philly but I've always taken that as heresay after the fact.
The Glennon deal really surprised me, Im still surprised that Tampa didnt go all in on Winston and get what they could for him. There were teams interested.
Not to be a negative Nancy, but I'm not sure that even if we had a QB, that we'd be able to tell

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Dear fate, no. If Fisher and Snead bring Johnny Girlfriend-Beating-Alcoholic aboard, I'm done with this regime as a whole.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
If Johnny Football was on this team this year I would say we would have a few more wins under our belt. I don't care that the guy likes to party on his time off. Most of us did when we where his age and God knows what I would have been into if I had that kinda money when I was in my 20's. Id say bring him in and if hes winning all will be good.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Johnny Football was on this team this year I would say we would have a few more wins under our belt. I don't care that the guy likes to party on his time off. Most of us did when we where his age and God knows what I would have been into if I had that kinda money when I was in my 20's. Id say bring him in and if hes winning all will be good.

I think you would care if you were his coach and he played like a steaming pile of dog crap as a rookie when he finally got on the field because he never bothered to work hard on his film study and learning the playbook because he preferred drinking and partying.

It shocks me that people act like his rookie year didn't happen. And want to dismiss what he did this year. As if they don't realize that enabling the guy is exactly what allowed this problem to manifest in the first place. If Sumlin hadn't enabled him at Texas A&M, maybe he'd not be such a problem now.

Even better reason why Fisher needs to go.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see the answer clearly. But, what will probably happen is the team will continue to look to find one of the few quality traditional pocket passers in existence hoping they strike gold.:confused:

Memphis, you think you see an answer based on something you want to try. But not everyone agrees with that course of action. If history has taught me anything, it's that course of action tends to stagnate.

But...if it's the best option we have, it's the best option we have.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I'd welcome Manziel on a cheap deal. But not to be the starter. We would still need to draft or sign our planned starting QB. Meanwhile, Manziel could be snagged on the cheap and stashed as depth. Let him develop, take our time with him, and see if he can grow and mature behind another QB who is starting. Johnny Football does have some decent talent and, at the NFL level, has barely even had any games to show if he can or cannot make it in this league (granted, the reason he has not been getting chances to play is solely his own fault due to off field exploits). Maybe we get lucky and he straightens out and realizes his full potential after grabbing a second chance etc etc. I'll tell you this much. I'd rather Manziel on a cheap deal as our developmental QB than having to spend a decent pick on a guy.

Not too sure if the plan would work though. Jerry loves him too much, unfortunately. I bet the Cowboys offer him more than anybody else is willing. Other than Dallas, I think it is at least feasible that Manziel might find no team wants to pick him up. If that's the case, I bet he takes a dirt cheap contract and an expected backup role from the Rams - knowing if he straightens out and also plays well, he could be the starter given how sad our QB situation is - over no NFL pay cheque at all.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
If Manziel were on this team, he'd be frustrating us.

I'm just not so sure that life has kicked his ass hard enough yet for him to learn what he has to do to muddle through it, much less actually excel as an NFL quarterback.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Ben Simmons

images

Oh, wait....?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Memphis, you think you see an answer based on something you want to try. But not everyone agrees with that course of action. If history has taught me anything, it's that course of action tends to stagnate.

But...if it's the best option we have, it's the best option we have.

I see the answer because I've seen it work and it makes too much sense. But, I'm not a traditionalist when it comes to the position.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Manning wants another year. Maybe kick the tires on him and sign Manziel. That should groom him for next year. Idk. I feel like we will never figure it out.