Pick 10 thoughts and on to day 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm really impressed by Sneed.

1-9 could not have gone much worse for the Rams.

Both QB targets, both WR targets, and both OL targets gone.

And the Rams have the presence of mind to just draft the highest rated player on the board.

They can spin it all they want like this was the plan all along - I don't buy it. This was plan G - but it was the right move under the circumstances.

On to day 2:

Can we skip OL again in rd 2?

Yes we can. And if DGB is there, then we should.

Unless Clemmings is there.

Or is it Cann?

Marpet? - will he last til the 3rd?

Athos

Legend
It was a shitty day with no intrigue and all the top players disappearing.

I think this proved that there really were ONLY a few elite players in this draft and teams did NOT want to trade down for inferior talent.

And we came away with top 5 talent. Loving Gurley. Play it safe, bring him back 110% and we have the back we've lacked to really run in the NFC West.

-
I hope they don't go QB.

And YES! If DGB is there, you really just CAN'T pass him. I can see some trade ups happening in this second with the kind of guys still on the board. Not sure who would go after DGB. Iggles?

The remaining O-Line I'd be satisfied with between R2 and R3 are:

Cann, Clemmings, Marpet, Jackson, Smith.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
both OL targets gone.

I think we will see more of this. These Oline targets are going to go off the board faster than projected. The Rams will pass thinking lots of options will be available in rounds 3 & 4 and they will be SOL. There has been a shortage of good offensive linemen in recent years. Every team needs one or two. Just like any shortage, they will press for need.

If the Rams stick to BPA in round 2 I expect PJ Williams to be in play. They reportedly love McKinney. But, LB and CB are not such pressing needs right now. Not as pressing as OLine is.

I am resigned getting into the mindset that the Rams OLine will now consist of Barksdale, Blalock and Barnes............too bad.

DLux27

Rookie
DGB in the 2nd if he's there
La'El *Innocent until proven Guilty* Collins in the 3rd. (Everything I read about the situation leads me to believe he's in innocent, example the PD in Baton Rouge are the reason the meeting is after the draft because they stated there not ready to interview him yet, if he was really a suspect wouldn't they want him in immediately?) Seems bad luck at a bad time just because he dated this girl and may be the baby daddy doesn't mean he killed her or had her killed but he could have as well. With a murder suspect I believe they would prefer him off the streets sooner than delaying the process.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd pass on DGB. Plenty of OL that don't bring anywhere near the risk who would help this team far more than a troubled WR. Same goes with Collins, they cannot afford to risk it until after they have drafted their OL pieces they will be counting on. Otherwise they can find themselves short once again and if that happens it is I think it is a fire-able error for both Snead and Fish.