Philly site: should the Eagles trade for Tavon?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
TA had 6 runs all year long between the tackles, why do people complain about that so much?
I have no problem with running him between the tackles, but it sure seems like more than 6.
I do believe you though.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Outside consistently? That was never what he was brought here for . He came to play the slot. He has to improve his route running or he might be better suited as a change of pace RB
I'd rather have Bailey in the slot. Austins speed would be better used stretching the field imo. Also, less defenders down the lines

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I assume most of those were on punt returns, where he drops it while catching it and then grabs it back up really fast. I don't think he's lost many at all.
thats what i think it is too cus that fumble stat is bullshit. "big bust" yea so he's only played 7 games with a starting QB who has the athletic ability to actually throw the ball down field. and of those seven games i saw some serious talent (Indy). but these 'analysts' can go ahead and blame him for being forced to run slants, reverses and HB dives cus yea thats all his fault right. shame on him for not getting open 5 yards from scrimmage

jjab360

Legend
thats what i think it is too cus that fumble stat is bullcrap. "big bust" yea so he's only played 7 games with a starting QB who has the athletic ability to actually throw the ball down field. and of those seven games i saw some serious talent (Indy). but these 'analysts' can go ahead and blame him for being forced to run slants, reverses and HB dives cus yea thats all his fault right. shame on him for not getting open 5 yards from scrimmage
Bradford wasn't the QB against the Colts, Kellen Clemens was.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What would the Eagles offer? Nobody should be untradeable, after all - certainly not somebody who is not yet an integral part of the offense after two years. But the offer would need to be significant. Not what the Rams traded to get him, but I'm thinking at least their first plus other picks, maybe in future years. Because I think the Rams are still convinced that he'll be a good player for them, especially with Foles coming.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I would jump on anything from a third on up. If Austin was a difference maker, we would have seen at least some evidence of that by now. He is not a bust, but make no mistake, he was way over-drafted. There are not many "great" 5 foot 7" receivers. I can't think of anyone outside of Steve Smith that you would even consider in the top 10 of any draft. I only mention Smith with the benefit of hindsight. No sane organization would have given up the blood and treasure that it took to move up to pick up a gadget player.

It would be nice to get at least some type of a return on what was a very costly, and ill-advised pickup.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I don't consider any offensive player on the Rams a bust until I see them play under a good OC. And I don't consider Tavon a bust.
I would trade Tavon for two very good OG because if the Rams had not drafted Tavon that's what the Rams would have now, had two very good OG in Long and Warford.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trying to think what would make sense for both the Eagles and the Rams. Evan Mathis would need to be part of it - but he's only worth a late round pick. Maybe him, their first and second, the Rams second and third, and some other pick - possibly their third next year. That way the Rams would fill one OL hole, would have a mid to late first round pick to fill another, which would let them use their own first on BPA. Basically they would be trading up from their second to the Eagle's first, then trading up from their 3rd to the Eagle's 2nd, plus Mathis, plus the 3rd in 2016 (valuable especially if the Rams need to trade up for a QB next year). Probably needs to be tweaked a little more, but I think a viable framework at least.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd rather have Bailey in the slot. Austins speed would be better used stretching the field imo. Also, less defenders down the lines

The few times Tavon was used on the outside was when he was most affective. He is too small for the slot and gets too much attention when he is lined up there.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The few times Tavon was used on the outside was when he was most affective. He is too small for the slot and gets too much attention when he is lined up there.
Yeah. I don't by the "he's too small to play outside", either.
It's all up to him though.

WvuIN02

Starter
Blaming the OC for Austins subpar development is foolish. Austin has a similar skill set to A. Brown. The fact that Austin hasn't matured into that type of player falls on Austin himself.
However. He's young. His 3rd year should enlighten us on the type of player he will be in the league.
Will he developed into a guy that can play the outside consistently, or will he remain a gadget player?

What.....mature????? Austin has an incomplete grade due to a myriad of things. The comparison you made is silly for several reasons......

A.Brown is on an offense with a future HoF QB who has won 2 SBs (led his team to 3) who also has a better OL and the best rb in the league......

Austin has had either broken or complete backup trash playing QB for his Rams career thus far. Let's not even go into OC comparisons in Haley vs Schotty. Whose fault is it they dont have him run deep routes? You cant have a player get the ball on 99% of his touches within 5 yards of the LOS and expect him to put up massive td numbers. And a lot of that goes to Fisher, he's the guy who is stuck in the 1970s offensive mindset still.

Guess we will see what happens with a new OC this year.

Rambro

UDFA
Name
Ray
Austin may not be a bust, but he definitely hasn't lived up to his draft status. He's non existit as a receiver imo. Alot of his punt returns are for 0 or minus yardage. He always seems to get a few long returns late in the year to make his average look much better.

In reality, he has had only one great game and that was against the colts. I like him and really want him to break out this season, but i have my doubts.

lockdnram21

Legend
Austin cant handle the outside consistently. He's a Harvin clone. Hes more like Harvin then Desean Jackson. Nothing but trickery. He will get a deep pass every once and a while

lockdnram21

Legend
he had one good catch on the outside the rest of the time hes ran deep his man has been on him tight. He can play the outsid occassionally but hes not going to be what most want him to be. Hes a punt returner. He should be used like Kc used Deanthony thomas

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
he had one good catch on the outside the rest of the time hes ran deep his man has been on him tight. He can play the outsid occassionally but hes not going to be what most want him to be. Hes a punt returner. He should be used like Kc used Deanthony thomas

He is fast enough to play the outside, not sure if he is strong enough. He is what I said he was before that draft and many others have said. He is a gadget player and was overdrafted.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I like tavon and believe he has not been utilized in a way that takes advantage of his talent, but if I was able to draft Amari Cooper or Kevin White and trade tavon for Phillys first I would do backflips.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'd be willing to listen on Tavon. We've got our Twin Towers of Terror in Britt and Quick, and I like Bailey more than Austin out of the slot. Not a knock on TA, but I see him as mostly impacting ST and out of the backfield given our current WR depth.