Philly: New Factory of Sadness

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am enjoying listening to Philly sports radio, particularly "the Fanatic."

For two reasons:

Eagles fans didn't know what the hell GM and HC Chip Kelly was doing to their beloved Iggles... Releasing players..Key players, and then came the Bradford for Foles trade. Pandemonium for a day with fans and the on air sports personalities at the Fanatic. Despair gave way to the ongoing narrative that Chip Kelly is the smartest guy in the room..an absolute sports savant. So the story went from WTH is Chip Kelly doing getting an injury prone Bradford, to "surely Chip has a plan." Bradford was acknowledged by all to be a mere trading chip to move up for Kelly's boy, Marcus Mariotta. Mariotta is a perfect fit, they said..NO WAY is this about keeping Bradford..They pointed to no Bradford jerseys being available early, cuz "obviously he won't be here that long."

The mourning was so sweet when they realized Mariotta wasn't coming, and Bradford was plan A...It was a total dumpter fire for two days.....

NOW....surely the Lakers are going to pick Jahil Okafur with the #2 Pick, and this would leave the missing piece for their team, D'Angelo Russell. Russell has superstar capability, and shared wisdom said the Lakers wouldn't pass up Okafur..NO WAY...They were so sure of their arguments, and that Russell was going to be a Sixer..OMG, it's an absolute meltdown this morning , after "With the 2nd Pick of the NBA Draft. the LA Lakers select, D'Angelo Russell!!...lol..Schadenfreude dudes...

Philly fans are very fun at times like this! lol

fUR0Vxq.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Any show named "The Fanatic" or "The Fan" is 100% guaranteed to attract the biggest asshats in the city. I've known that to be the case wherever I travel.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I am enjoying listening to Philly sports radio, particularly "the Fanatic."

For two reasons:

Eagles fans didn't know what the hell GM and HC Chip Kelly was doing to their beloved Iggles... Releasing players..Key players, and then came the Bradford for Foles trade. Pandemonium for a day with fans and the on air sports personalities at the Fanatic. Despair gave way to the ongoing narrative that Chip Kelly is the smartest guy in the room..an absolute sports savant. So the story went from WTH is Chip Kelly doing getting an injury prone Bradford, to "surely Chip has a plan." Bradford was acknowledged by all to be a mere trading chip to move up for Kelly's boy, Marcus Mariotta. Mariotta is a perfect fit, they said..NO WAY is this about keeping Bradford..They pointed to no Bradford jerseys being available early, cuz "obviously he won't be here that long."

The mourning was so sweet when they realized Mariotta wasn't coming, and Bradford was plan A...It was a total dumpter fire for two days.....

NOW....surely the Lakers are going to pick Jahil Okafur with the #2 Pick, and this would leave the missing piece for their team, D'Angelo Russell. Russell has superstar capability, and shared wisdom said the Lakers wouldn't pass up Okafur..NO WAY...They were so sure of their arguments, and that Russell was going to be a Sixer..OMG, it's an absolute meltdown this morning , after "With the 2nd Pick of the NBA Draft. the LA Lakers select, D'Angelo Russell!!...lol..Schadenfreude dudes...

Philly fans are very fun at times like this! lol

fUR0Vxq.jpg

This is one reason I'm wanting the Eagles to do well this year. Just to laugh at all the monkeys screaming over the radio who think they know everything.

fearsomefour

Legend
Any show named "The Fanatic" or "The Fan" is 100% guaranteed to attract the biggest asshats in the city. I've known that to be the case wherever I travel.
I don't listen to much sports radio anymore.....
Makes me miss the days of Lee Hacksaw Hamilton in San Diego....."San Marcos, show me your bolts!!"

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
NOW....surely the Lakers are going to pick Jahil Okafur with the #2 Pick, and this would leave the missing piece for their team, D'Angelo Russell. Russell has superstar capability, and shared wisdom said the Lakers wouldn't pass up Okafur..NO WAY...They were so sure of their arguments, and that Russell was going to be a Sixer..OMG, it's an absolute meltdown this morning , after "With the 2nd Pick of the NBA Draft. the LA Lakers select, D'Angelo Russell!!
Unless Okafor turns into the next Tim Duncan and Russell turns into....Nick Van Exel????? I actually like the safety of Okafor...but I believe in Mitch...He did find Jordan Clarkson...right?!?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
they might all be crazy but I'm still expecting the Eagles to blow up that division this year

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ahhh... Philly fans... never boring!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
they might all be crazy but I'm still expecting the Eagles to blow up that division this year
I have no confidence in any team in that division anyway, so anything can happen, and probably will!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I don't listen to much sports radio anymore.....
Makes me miss the days of Lee Hacksaw Hamilton in San Diego....."San Marcos, show me your bolts!!"
"Poway, I want to know YOU think. It's your radio program, YOU take it over!"

Dude was such a cheeseball, but he was the guy that got sports talk radio rolling in San Diego.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mariotta is a perfect fit, they said..NO WAY is this about keeping Bradford..They pointed to no Bradford jerseys being available early, cuz "obviously he won't be here that long."

Yeah this is great. First of all Bradford has been injured way too much. Secondly the reason Kelly and more notably Foles had less success in year two is that teams figured out that Foles is not a good runner. That took a whole dimension away from Kelly's offense.....a key dimension. The multiple attack was suddenly not so multiple and Foles struggled a bit.

Guess what Chip. Sam don't run either and the entire league already knows.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I hope Sam plays well and stays healthy - otherwise I could give a rat's ass about the Eagles.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
:LOL: lmao. Nope.
ok you can stop now. you already made your comment about Philly to me before. yea your a cowboys fan I get it. if you have any constructive argument to be made that's cool but not the little needless comments.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Screenshot_2014-12-12-12-42-23-1.png
ok you can stop now. you already made your comment about Philly to me before. yea your a cowboys fan I get it. if you have any constructive argument to be made that's cool but not the little needless comments.

Calm down. It's just the interwebz. As far as the "new factory of sadness" goes, it's fitting because Philly fans love to be miserable.

fearsomefour

Legend
"Poway, I want to know YOU think. It's your radio program, YOU take it over!"

Dude was such a cheeseball, but he was the guy that got sports talk radio rolling in San Diego.
Very true. I remember Jim Rome doing sports updates as an intern on his show, those two butted heads right away.
In one of the stranger sequences of my life I happened by the Mighty 690 studios one day (related to work) and bumped into and chatted to Hacksaw and Johnny Rotten with 10 minutes of each other. Hamilton seemed irritated and Johnny was pretty cool and funny. Someone else gave him a dollar for him to sign for an autograph and he pocketed it....haha.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Big
Unless Okafor turns into the next Tim Duncan and Russell turns into....Nick Van Exel????? I actually like the safety of Okafor...but I believe in Mitch...He did find Jordan Clarkson...right?!?
differNce in a #1 pick & a 2nd rd pick from Cinncy.
--Both Rams & Lakers were at UCI close to the same year.Maybe The Rams moved to Fullerton by then.
Pro league(summer)was fun.Then went to CSULB.Now Vegas baby & Rams coming to Oxnard.Will get a peak at both teams.Really for an old time fan for myself it is like a bucket list coming full circle.
I love this kid from Washington 7'5 & Larry Nance jr(Kobe is a Rapist) played well for Wyoming.
I saw Anthony Brown play in HS.Oceanview has a tourney in first week of December.I saw Clay go up against Jrue Holiday.Clay was a no-name recruit.They both went for 40.Sat next to his mother for part of 1st Qrt.MT was in stands across court eating a subway sandwich.

…..

Legend
Philadelphia fans = Boston fans, except with an inferiority complex and basically the same as New York fans minus the championships.

They'll all worry themselves to a heart attack over what Chip Kelly is up to and I predict a mass bridge jump if Sam gets hurt.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I just do not know how much say Mitch has with the spoiled brat Jim Buss at the helm.

Last edited: