Phillip Rivers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
ME to I have him and Cam

Psssh. I got Philip Rivers, Emmanual Sanders, Julius Thomas, and Megatron (read that he had an elbow injury). Oh and there's Arian Foster who may or may not be in this week.

But hey if the Steeler defense can get 15 points I can still win this week. My starters at RB yesterday were Alfred Blue and Jerermy Hill, with Tre Mason as my flex. That would be awesome if I could win with that lineup.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Too bad I like Rivers. Watching yesterday afternoon I was thinking he would be in trouble against our D and I was liking it. I guess our D will be familiar with KC if he gets the start

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Im in a 2 qb league there isnt a starting qb available...my Qbs were carrying my (Rivers/Brady)

Kellen Clemens might be my only option
nubGXff.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hahaha. That would be cool if they had to start "Killer" instead of Rivers. Hopefully that's how it goes but I bet Rivers toughs it out and plays. He's a tough dude.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hope Rivers *does* play. Give him some more of what he got last time.

NuS7C4H.png

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Even if he's able to play, he's only gonna get more beat up. This Chargers team has longer developing route than Denver, so I think Rivers will be holding onto the ball longer. Plus the Chargers OL isn't that good. Not to mention with Jenks/Gaines/Tru we match up well against pass happy teams. And I expect to see our safties light up a few more players on Sunday :heh:

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Rivers is as tough as they come, he will definitely start the game, whether he finishes it or not is the question.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Hope it is Clemens we can use every advantage we can get.We've been playing with a backup for over a year so it would be nice to play a game on even terms for change.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Even if he's able to play, he's only gonna get more beat up. This Chargers team has longer developing route than Denver, so I think Rivers will be holding onto the ball longer. Plus the Chargers OL isn't that good. Not to mention with Jenks/Gaines/Tru we match up well against pass happy teams. And I expect to see our safties light up a few more players on Sunday :heh:
I do seem to recall them besting the seabitches with a lot of quick dumps and short button-hook type routes. I'd look for them to game plan something similar against us.

Also, I know the defense has changed, but one would think Clemens would have more insight into the Rams than the average bear.

That said, after yesterday's performance, this team can beat, and I mean BEAT, anyone if they play like they can.

Clemens vs Hill would be a hell of an ironic match up alright. I love irony!

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel bad for Rivers. If he plays, this will be a rough game for him. I want to see Kellen Clemens just for the lulz.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I feel bad for Rivers. If he plays, this will be a rough game for him. I want to see Kellen Clemens just for the lulz.
You have a bad track record predicting how Clemens will do.
So, shuttie.

(who has more knowledge of our tendencies, btw? Him or Rivers?)

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
So, shuttie.

I think the new DC mitigates that. He will obviously still be more aware of (most) player tendencies but I think GW is more than capable of confusing him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, shuttie.

Neither. Clemens wasn't here when Williams was the DC. But I'm a lot more worried about Rivers's ability to beat us on the field.

Clemens can have all the knowledge he wants...Rivers is far superior in every category but mobility.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Neither. Clemens wasn't here when Williams was the DC. But I'm a lot more worried about Rivers's ability to beat us on the field.

Clemens can have all the knowledge he wants...Rivers is far superior in every category but mobility.
lol. You can't possibly think I'm comparing the two, can you?

"Rivers is far superior in every category but mobility."
That's akin to saying water is wet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol. You can't possibly think I'm comparing the two, can you?

"Rivers is far superior in every category but mobility."
That's akin to saying water is wet.

Okay...I'm just saying, he can have his knowledge(since you had brought it up)...I still would much rather play him. And while I was certainly over-dramatic about Clemens...I don't think I was all that unrealistic about him last year. The team surprised me and he played better than I expected...but it wasn't that much better.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Careful, Kellen Clemens knows Schotty's system well. He might pull a Kolb and tell the Chargers defense what's going on from the sidelines

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Okay...I'm just saying, he can have his knowledge(since you had brought it up)...I still would much rather play him. And while I was certainly over-dramatic about Clemens...I don't think I was all that unrealistic about him last year. The team surprised me and he played better than I expected...but it wasn't that much better.
I was talking about our offensive tendencies and Fisher's tendencies. But yeah, I'd rather play him too.
100 times out of 100.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was talking about our offensive tendencies and Fisher's tendencies. But yeah, I'd rather play him too.
100 times out of 100.

Hell yea. Quinn would probably strip him at least twice.

Careful, Kellen Clemens knows Schotty's system well. He might pull a Kolb and tell the Chargers defense what's going on from the sidelines

Lol...that would be hilarious. Because Schotty already outsmarts himself at times. I feel like that would work to our advantage. Schotty would outsmart himself to such an extent that not even Clemens could understand what was going on. :LOL:

BS: "You think you are smarter than me, Brian Schottenheimer. Fine, I will call a screen here."
BS: "Too late, Brian, I expected you to call a screen here."
BS: "Coy move, Schottster. I'm going to not call a screen then. *Whispers* Shaun Hill, I'm still calling a screen."
BS: "I heard that, Brian. We know it's coming."
BS: "*Thinks to himself* Haha, little does he know that a screen means a HB dive with a fake reverse to Tavon."
KC: "What is going on here...I'm so confused...why is Schotty arguing with himself and why are the Rams in punt formation with Tavon Austin at Punter and Shaun Hill snapping?"

TA: "Fuck it, I never get to touch the ball anyways. Omaha! Omaha! Omaha! Shaun, why won't you snap it already? I said, 'Omaha'."