Philip Rivers won’t sign a new contract before his current one expires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedAlice

UDFA
Name
Alice
I wouldn't call that a strong offer. If I were San Diego, I wouldn't settle for anything less than #10 straight up for Rivers. And I'd have to know that I was getting Mariota with #10.

It absolutey drives me insanse that "RAMS FANS' who call themselves that can even stomach the IDEA of the Ram leaving STL to LA with no care.

I live in Encinitas and date and love a man from "4S'.

His horror at the Chargers leaving is mine from Rams leaving LA. What really annoys me is that STL fans give no care to SD fans, or LA fans who lost their team back when.

Is so um: wrong.

RedAlice

UDFA
Name
Alice
I would like to add one thing before I get brave enough to post some comments.

IF one single RAMS fan in STL felt sympathy for me in 1994: I would like to know about it. I know what Nixon said in 1994. STL Fans, especially Shane G, are acting so woe is me, well: I love my team: I loved my team in 1994: DID you care about me then? Did you? NO. NO NO>

NO.. Not at all. ZERO.

I do not support the trolls and I am waiting for facts. I will Love MY RAMS if they STAY in STL. But, I find many of your posters to be dispresecting me right now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It absolutey drives me insanse that "RAMS FANS' who call themselves that can even stomach the IDEA of the Ram leaving STL to LA with no care.

His horror at the Chargers leaving is mine from Rams leaving LA. What really annoys me is that STL fans give no care to SD fans, or LA fans who lost their team back when.

YOU of all people can't come in here and start spouting off about this crap. Don't you have some Seacock to blow somewhere? http://www.seahawks.net/

Last edited:

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I'm confused, what does this thread have to do with the Rams potential move?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm confused, what does this thread have to do with the Rams potential move?
Still trying to wrap my brain around that one too.
"Phillip Rivers is holding out on his contract for another year."
"WHY DO STL RAMS FANS HATE LA AND DISRESPECT ME??????"

Fuckin' odd.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

I feel for the LA fans that had they're team leave and go to St Louis. Must have sucked....just as it would suck now for us if they upped and left back to LA! The fact is at the moment they ARE St Louis' team - not LA's.

If people are disrespecting you RedAlice its because we've all been on the Seahawks forum and seen you post nonsense on there, pretending that all Ram's fans felt the way you said about it. A lot of people felt that you were misrepresenting other Ram's fans views by doing that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

freakin' odd.

That time of the month?

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan

I moved from LA to Missouri in '74 (I was 10). The Rams followed me here and I was elated. I live near Springfield, MO and go to a game once a year. With all options to watch games electronically now, for me it doesn't matter much. No harm in going to sunny SoCal once a year.

If the team stays or goes, these are first world problems. There's no crying in football.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is not a relocation thread.

Back on topic please.

Thank you.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Up here in Asgard we're bettin. if he's gonna move it'll be to replace P. Manning

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The trade is the solution for the team, not Rivers. If Rivers doesn't want to continue to be the franchise QB of the Chargers, might as well deal him for something now before he gets to just up and leave. It really isn't a solution for him. Either way I don't understand why moving to LA would be such a big deal. His family could still live in San Diego since it isn't that far away.

I thought that as well, but apparently it's like a whole other country.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The trade is the solution for the team, not Rivers. If Rivers doesn't want to continue to be the franchise QB of the Chargers, might as well deal him for something now before he gets to just up and leave. It really isn't a solution for him. Either way I don't understand why moving to LA would be such a big deal. His family could still live in San Diego since it isn't that far away.
At this point in his career he has the leverage to nix a trade, and that would be one of his best chances to get a ring at Mile High.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Based on his career shouldn't he be traded to NO so they can trade Brees away......

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

freakin' odd.

Yea, I'm totally lost as to what any of that had to do with discussing a potential trade for Rivers.

lockdnram21

Legend
No I would stick with foles and he'll no I wouldn't give up a first round for Rivers. Maybe 3 or 4 years ago

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No I would stick with foles and he'll no I wouldn't give up a first round for Rivers. Maybe 3 or 4 years ago

Rivers is a top 7 QB. I'd give up a first rounder in a heartbeat if I thought he'd stay with us.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The dude is 33 I'm sorry not for a first. Not giving up a first for a stop gap

So what? Tom Brady is 37. Peyton Manning is 38. I don't care if Rivers is a "stop gap" for 3-4 years. That's 3-4 years of contending and 3-4 years to find and develop a successor.

The guy is a top 7 QB in the NFL. Look at our defense. Look at our team as a whole. Imagine what adding a top 7 QB could do for this franchise. Only way I wouldn't consider it if I were the Rams would be if...
1. Rivers is unwilling to play here
or
2. I think Foles is a future franchise QB
or
3. Rivers has some medical issue that makes it unlikely he'll last more than a year or two more

That's it. The guy is one of the best in the NFL. Would you have turned down late career Kurt Warner?

lockdnram21

Legend
So what? Tom Brady is 37. Peyton Manning is 38. I don't care if Rivers is a "stop gap" for 3-4 years. That's 3-4 years of contending and 3-4 years to find and develop a successor.

The guy is a top 7 QB in the NFL. Look at our defense. Look at our team as a whole. Imagine what adding a top 7 QB could do for this franchise. Only way I wouldn't consider it if I were the Rams would be if...
1. Rivers is unwilling to play here
or
2. I think Foles is a future franchise QB
or
3. Rivers has some medical issue that makes it unlikely he'll last more than a year or two more

That's it. The guy is one of the best in the NFL. Would you have turned down late career Kurt Warner?
I would take him but not for a first at least not a top 15 pick

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Why trade for him? He is a FA next year. If he doesn't want to move then you gave up a lot for a 1 year stop gap and stifled any potential progress with Foles. If he does want to come to St Louis, play the year with Foles and sign him next year.