Philbin, Fisher or Pagano: Who ranks higher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... nks-higher

romeo-crennel-jeff-fisher-120630-wide.jpg

When Jeff Fisher assumed command of the St. Louis Rams, long gone were the veteran players he relied upon during his 17 years with the Houston Oilers and Tennessee Titans.

"I think that was one of the weirdest moments, when I stood up in front of the team and only recognized two players," Fisher told the Tennessean on Friday. "That's definitely different. But now it seems so long ago ... Now it's become a team and I'm very familiar with the roster."

That isn't good news for the NFC West, which has made mincemeat of the Rams in recent days.

Fisher's a familiar face, but he's one of the seven new head coaches this season, including four first-timers.

All seven have time to prove us wrong, but here's my ranking from top to bottom. It's an imperfect science here in June, but this is my guess on how they'll be judged after the season:

7. Mike Mularkey, Jacksonville Jaguars: Mularkey's two-year head-coaching run in Buffalo wasn't exactly a resume builder. We're impressed with how he handled the Justin Blackmon situation, but Mularkey inherits a question mark at quarterback in Blaine Gabbert and an AWOL bell-cow in Maurice Jones-Drew. The jury is out.

6. Joe Philbin, Miami Dolphins: The director of "Hard Knocks" is already impressed with Miami's new coach. Philbin, by all accounts, is a class act, but he faces a stiff challenge in turning this team around in a rowdy division that won't hand the Dolphins any breaks. We'll know so much more about him when the cameras roll.

5. Dennis Allen, Oakland Raiders: Allen impressed last season as Denver's defensive coordinator and there's reason to believe the Raiders are on steadier ground. No early draft picks was a tough pill to swallow, but maybe Allen will have more time to build Oakland's talent base than Tom Cable and Hue Jackson were afforded. An intriguing team in a competitive division.

4. Chuck Pagano, Indianapolis Colts: One of the more fascinating developments this season: Tracking Pagano's growth alongside Andrew Luck's. Pagano possesses one of the most impressive QB prospects in decades and must prove he's the right man to guide the Colts into a new era. So far, so good.

3. Greg Schiano, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Reports out of Florida suggest Schiano has brought discipline to a Bucs squad that floated away last season. Beating his own division will require total buy-in. The record might suffer, but the direction is promising.

2. Romeo Crennel, Kansas City Chiefs: Romeo was a hot-and-cold act in Cleveland. Players have always liked him, but the Browns were a sizzling mess by the end of Crennel's tenure. He did a nice job in the interim role last season, and he's in a better position to succeed in Kansas City with young talent on both sides of the ball.

1. Jeff Fisher, Rams: Fisher isn't just the best of this bunch; he's one of the era's finest coaches. As bad as the Rams have been, Fisher understands how to build a consistent, winning program. This was a franchise-altering hire.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fisher.

And would someone show Crennel how to wear a headset? Now THAT is a respect commanding look.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Fisher.

And would someone show Crennel how to wear a headset? Now THAT is a respect commanding look.
I think Romie - oh needs to sue Motorola under the Americans With Disabilities act for not making Headphones for fat heads.
Then McDonalds for making him that way then,Barry White for being a sexier fat guy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:
RamFan503 said:
Fisher.

I think Romie - oh needs to sue Motorola under the Americans With Disabilities act for not making Headphones for fat heads.
Then McDonalds for making him that way then,Barry White for being a sexier fat guy.

K - now THAT was funny. :sly:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Thordaddy said:
RamFan503 said:
Fisher.

K - now THAT was funny. :sly:

It's the least I could do for the sumbidge who invented the tackle Faulk on every play defense.
It's gonna be freaky when Crennell squares off against Fisher in the governors cup and Martz is home watching on TV,
I'm tellin ya , it ain't right, it just ain't.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I'd pick Fish on that list, man it has been awhile since we've had a head coach with a mass amount of experience.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Barrison6 said:
I'd pick Fish on that list, man it has been awhile since we've had a head coach with a mass amount of experience.

Instead of one getting OJT while the seasons of our lives pass never knowing he'd ever make the grade.
I'm witcha man, I've spent enough second halfs of Rams games bored to sleep,I don't need bored to death.