Philbin and Ireland on the hot seat.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/281144/report-philbin-ireland-on-hot-seat-in-miami

According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, "no one in Miami is safe," including coach Joe Philbin and GM Jeff Ireland.

This should be self evident after the Dolphins choked away a certain playoff berth by losing to Thad Lewis and Geno Smith. Miami scored one touchdown over its final 25 possessions. In two years on the job, Philbin has been placid to the point of banal, while Ireland's "approach" remains as scattershot as ever. The duo's choice for offensive coordinator, Mike Sherman, calls plays seemingly at random. The Dolphins have a nice talent base, but a poor brain trust.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Dec 30 - 2:01 PM

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I think taking a squad with all that turmoil as far as he did was pretty amazin. Ireland is clueless and has been for quite a while IMO. I don't see why Philbin has to take the fall for that - but in todays NFL coaches have been fired for doing better than he did during his tenure so I can't say its shocking.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just think that they blew a golden opportunity this year and that could be why. The AFC was so weak this year, and the Patriots along with the rest of their division were way down. They still couldn't even get in the playoffs with a home play in game vs the JETS! :slap:

V3

Hall of Fame
I doubt that they will. Or any other team for that matter.

I'd bet Richie gets picked up by some team. Too many teams need help on the O-line and he has talent. Coaches always think they can talk sense into players. Someone will think the same with Richie.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
The Jets play over their head sometimes. Rex did it to us last year, dammit!

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd bet Richie gets picked up by some team. Too many teams need help on the O-line and he has talent. Coaches always think they can talk sense into players. Someone will think the same with Richie.
Thats a very good point. You are probably right.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Yea right, what kind of team has a HC that takes chances on volatile shipwrecks like Incognito just for their potential and upside...oh wait:D